Chocobo Egg
FFXIV
Aoife Linnaete
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Free Company
None
pic56.png

Following in the footsteps of Microsoft Points and Maple Story Mesos, Square Enix introduced their own virtual money unit called Crysta. Users can purchase Square Enix fun money in six amounts: 500 yen, 1,000 yen, 2,000 yen, 3,000 yen, 5,000 yen, and 10,000 yen. 1 Crysta = 1 yen.

Crysta can be used for online community games like Party Castle,their cash op MMO Fantasy Earth Zero, and to purchase soundtracks off the Square Enix e-Store. Currently, all of these services are just for Japan, but it’s only a matter of time until you’re paying for something in Crysta.

Source: siliconera

Interesting. Final Fantasy is pouring into the real world now. Will it make it to other parts of the world?

I imagine SE will want to make the Crysta currency spread worldwide. Knowing them, they won't pass up a chance to amass more money.

I think they should call it Gil rather than Crysta. I know Crysta isn't applying exclusively to the FF franchise- the name Gil is easily recognisable.

Yeah I was wondering about the whole Gil thing. Maybe they didnt use it cause Crysta sounds more ... I dunno modern?

So essentially Crysta would be like credit, right? It seems kind of like a fun idea, but still sort of unnecessary. I much prefer exchanging actual cash instead of buying a substitute and using that to buy what I want *shrugs*

Or someone could treat Crysta like gift cards and transfer Crysta points to someone so they could only use at Square-Enix places or whatever, right?

I can see this being part of FFXIII somewhere down the line, especially part of that Online Pulse Shop or something like that >.> 500crysta for a sword and such like :sad3:

I think its a good move, why? becuz there are a lot of stupid people in the world who would buy it anyway lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back