What was the last book you bought?

just ordered duff mckagan's its so easy and other lies. its about his life with guns n roses and how it damn near killed him.. and everyone else in the band.

next is gonna be bob mould's see a little light.

Skellig by David Arnold, which I've almost finished! I had to buy it for my PGCE course, which starts mid-September. Not long now! :gasp:

I also bought quite a few in Edinburgh whilst I was there! :) Physics of the Future: The Inventions that Will Transform Our Lives, The Secret Anarchy of Science, A History of the World in 100 Objects, A Short Introduction to The History of Medicine and How To Train Your Dragon: How To Steal a Dragon's Sword from the book festival. :grin:

I have no income this year so I'll have to buy fewer books. :sad3:

I just bought Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell in preparation for the movie. The trailer impressed me enough to buy the book so I'm looking forward to reading it. I also just ordered Empire Of Illusions by Chris Hedges online. I'll have to decide which to read first! -_-

Hahahahahaha I don't read! Hahaha... okay okay.... I'm better.

WWE Encyclopedia first edition.

This was in 09 I believe, so it's been a while. Seriously the only thing I read is wrestling books. Everything else is boring to me. We got the encyclopedia from Amazon. It came on a Monday. Yeah..... That's where all my autographs from wrestlers I've met are. :)

I just bought the Hobbit because the movie got me curious to read it, and also I find it really hard to know what kind of books to buy unless i know a bit about them first.

I also bought the first book of the Dark Tower series; Gunslinger. A recommendation from Emmy the Great

Batman: Fear Itself. It's yet to arrive through the post, though, and I'm getting impatient. :hmmm: I'm a huge Batman fan, but I've never read any of the novelisations. Just the comics and graphic novels. This one seems interesting, though, and it features my favourite villian ever. Scarecrow! :D

I bought and read Dolores Claiborne over the last few days. Veeery interesting main character, and great relationships with the other characters. The murder scene (which is no spoiler I assure you) is very well done.
It's a bit slow and repetitive in places though...but Stepehen King likes doing that from time to time :/

I've also bought quite a few shorter books on the kindle by him, as well as a few books that were made into disney films (Alice, Pinnochio) to see how different they are.

Then there's the collection of Brothers Grimm fairy tales...but their original versions are much darker than the fairy tales we know of. This was completely free on Kindle.

Finally, I've gone for the full collection of Sherlock Holmes books, which is also FREE on the Kindle :griin: . So happy.

My latest read is Metamorphoses by Ovid.

The last one I bought, however, was The Complete World of Greek Mythology by Richard Buxton O:

The Well of Ascension by Brandon Sanderson. It's the second book in his Mistborn series. Before that, I bought the first book, Mistborn: The Final Empire. Really liked the first one, so I'm looking forward to reading the second one.

My girlfriend and I just bought a ton of books from Waterstones at the weekend. My haul included...

The Demolished Man - Alfred Bester
Childhood's End - Arthur C. Clarke
Neuromancer - William Gibson
2312 - Kim Stanley Robinson
A Clash of Kings - George R. R. Martin
Ender's Game - Orson Scott Card
World War Z - Max Brooks.

Just started on The Demolished Man.

This isn't exactly a very bustling thread, now is it?

Just bought a handful of books recently.

-Stranger in a Strange Land by Robert A. Heinlein
-A Dance with Dragons by George R.R. Martin
-Star Wars: Republic Commando: Hard Contact by Karen Traviss
-Off Armageddon Reef by David Weber
-On Basilisk Station by David Weber

I want to smell the pages and rub them all over my face.

I purchased quite a collection because I had £50 worth of book vouchers... Game of Thrones books 1-4, Dead Man's Cove by Lauren St. John, Adventure Island 14: The Mystery of the Phantom Lights by Helen Moss... another fantasy book for adults, and one for children (I can't remember the names!)

Little quiet but hey I read alot (I also write alot) but the last book I bought was Kelley Armstrong -- 13 the last chapter of the Otherworld Novels, a bittersweet for me as I have read the entire series from Bitten to 13 and loved them all, a well crafted world that connects in every way, seriously worth reading if you're into fantasy / thriller / romance / werewolves, witches etc.

Back