[V2] Last Movie You've Seen

Amizon

Too orsm for you.
Veteran
Gil
The last one was getting quite old and getting unorganised, so we decided to make a brand spanking new one.

Post in here about the last movie you've seen. Please elaborate on your post and give reasons for e.g. why you liked or disliked it.

A suggested format could be:

Movie:
Comments:
Rating:
Score:

One-liners will be classed as spam and may be deleted without warning.

The Transporter
With Jason Statham playing the main role I couldnt help but borrow this film from a friend. And I wasnt let down either, since I saw it advertised when it was first released in the cinema I knew I wanted to see this film but have only just got round to watching it.
There was only one part that was a bit of a let down and that was the first twenty minutes or so.
9/10

Movie: Four Holidays

Rating: M

Comments: This has to be the funniest movie I've seen for a while! =D

I loved Vince Vaughn in this! He was hilarious and especially when it came to being around babies. XD

It's pretty much about a couple who haven't been to see their family for Christmas for the three years (on purpose) they've been together and instead go holidaying elsewhere.

This year however, their flight is cancelled and their parents see them on T.V at the airport and then call them to come to their houses for Christmas etc.

Score: 10/10

Movie: Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince
Comments: Well, what can I say...to be honest, I don't like any of the actors in the HP films, so I didn't really want to watch this. That said...its alright. Better than the earlier ones - no doubt because the actors have matured and have actually learned how to act - but suffering of the same problems when it comes to sticking to the book, etc. I thought the ending was somewhat rushed, and they spent far too much time emphasising the messy teenage romance. It really did drag on, as well.
Score: 6/10

Movie: G.I Joe

Rating: M

Comments: This movie was awesome!

Fantastic action sequences the whole way through and the main guy is hot! :gasp:

I just had to say that. XD

Freakin' awesome outfits and the whole story was excellent in the way it always flashed back and gave you more hints as to what happened years ago and as to why they're in the positions they are now.

Fantastic ending.

You just know there will be another movie to follow on. >.<

It had better have that hot dude in it though! :gasp:

Daredevil

Wanted to watch something until the pizza arrived at the flat, so I stuck this on for a while. Got over a mini-episode of writer's block because of it, too. Many people I know don't like this, but I think it's all right and stands out from the other comic book movies in its own way. I've always loved the chemistry between Matt and Elektra, Bullseye is funny to laugh at and liked how they brought a little bit of religion into it. Overall, a decent movie.

8/10

Zombieland

As a whole I'd say it was a pretty good movie. I really liked the first half of it. The flashbacks, humor and narration were all done really well. However, I think the movie started to get a bit corny and predictable after they left
Bill Murray's house.
But I still enjoyed it anyway. I found the characters very likable and I give props to the 'rules' idea which I thought was quite effective and interesting. I would've liked to have seen more zombie scenes but meh, I'd recommend giving it a watch.

8/10

Movie: Casper

Rating: PG

Comments: I remember watching this as a kid.

I saw it in the video store the other day and just had to watch it again.

It's really sad, because this is the only Casper movie (that I've seen) where he tells you how he died. =(

Christina Ricci did okay in this movie too.

Movie: Watchmen
Comments: Hood's breath, I wish I hadn't of wasted my time watching this, and I wish even more I hadn't wasted my money buying it. Two and a half hours of aimless and mindless events chained together in something barely recognisable as a plot, punctuated by flashbacks and rather interesting moments of gore. About the only thing I liked about this movie was the soundtrack, and Mr. Manhattan
making people LITERALLY EXPLODE LIKE BALLOONS...
Rating: 5/10, and I'm being extremely generous there.

Saint Trinians 2

6/10

It wasn't as good as the original, and several of the great characters in the first movie weren't in the second, but it was still a fairly entertaining movie. Sarah Harding should keep her day job, she was crap, and totally pointless. Some witty one liners, but overall, the first movie was by far superior.

I can see now why it's rated so highly on IMDB. It really was a fantastic film (and probably THE film of the year imo) the special effects were easily better than any other film yet to me made. The storyline wasn't brilliant but I think that needs to overlooked for the simple fact it's an emotionally driven story rather than one that goes purely on the script, if you can't get emotionally stirred then it's probably not the film for you. Acting was solid as well. Fantastic film.

Public enemies

This movei was great. Staring johnny Depp as john Dillinger. The infamous bank robber in the 1930's along with George baby face Nelson. The movie is long but very entertaining, a great performance by johnny Depp. Also the was Christian Bale, playing the detective following Dillinger. Great movie guys...i recommend it.

St. Trinian's II: Legend of Fritton's Gold

I loved the first film, although I felt it could've been better. I'm really impressed with the second installment since the cast seem to click together this time. David Tennant as the villain is strange, considering I'm used to seeing him as the Doctor and yet he's very funny in his role. Overall, I was laughing like a schoolgirl! I loved
Mother Teresa and Lady GaGa even mentioned in the same sentence, the "new" version of Romeo and Juliet, Annabelle getting possessed by her ancestor and the fact that William Shakespeare is revealed to be a woman! It all makes sense now!
A whole lot better than the first one, everyone in the cinema was laughing so often. :wacky:

10/10

Movie: Paranormal Activity
Comments:
Well they said this one of the scariest movies at the time, I disagree. You dont see much at the beginning, it is very slowpaced...you first see a door moving well WOW yes maybe it was pretty tense and exciting cause you get the feeling it might occurred in real life, but the fact I am a horror FREAK I was a bit dissapointed , it was not scary enough for me. only 1 or 2 scenes really freaked me out.
Rating: Official? I suppose 7/10
Score: my score? 6/10

Movie: Cheaper by the Dozen

Rating: PG

Comments: This movie is so funny. XD

I especially love how the kids always pick on Ashton Kutcher. He's such an ass in this movie. >.<

It's amazing how many things go wrong when the mother goes away for while too and Steve Martin is left to handle things. XD

The super famous director of Titanic, if I recalled accurately. Not that it matters that much to me. What really matters, is whether or not the hype is generated because the movie was excellent or whether it was because of the people who made it. Some movies are utterly crap, but sells simply because the stars acting are there.

Apparently, Avatar is absolutely excellent. I admit. I went to watch because of the people who made it, namely, James Cameron. I watched Titanic before, and found that the show had been wonderful. Then, I read somewhere that said he had actually came up with this ideas years before, and merely waited for technology to catch up.

'What the hell?'

I had to watch it after that. Graphics wise, brilliant. It's obvious, I suppose, with our level of technology... Acting wise, I ain't no good judge of acting skills... But this looks Oscar-worthy to me? (Then again, maybe my expectations are way too low)

10/10

Really, a must-watch though. You'll get what I mean.

Movie : New Moon - Twilight Series
Comments:
The CG was awesome, thou the story line is just bad as the first, IMO.
I was expecting some more elaborating scene that was in the book.
But it seems that directors and writers really don't care about the book
and just do their own thing. I am hoping next series would be book-based and
no edit. It will be action-packed if it is.

Score : 7/10

Last movie I saw was Deadline with Brittnay Murphy, Thora Birch, Tammy Bianchard and Marc Blucas.
Hmm, To me it was an intresting story.... I don't want to give out too much detail but it's basically about a girl named Alice who's ex had tried to kill her by drowning her--
ended up killing their baby
and for that reason i'm assuming, she went lesbo. She goes to this creepy house for her "work" (her job was to write a screen play.) I don't want to get to into it but it's suppose to be horror so i'm sure you guess what happens: the house is haunted... (there's a twist to it)and the rest.. im not telling :) Idk, guess cos I like movies of this sort I enjoyed it.. but in a way it was disturbing. The ending totally fucked up my program... confused the FUCK outta me...

Overall it was 6/10

Last edited:
Harry Potter & The Half Blood Prince.

OMFG I larked! This has to be my favourite, topping POA. Its so funny and yet heartbreaking at the same time. Im dreading the final film, I just hope they make it true to the books. And yeah Lavander Brown is just as bloody annoying!! When Ron calls for Hermoine after hes been poisoned in front of Lavander I was over joyed :)

10/10

Sherlock Holmes

Yeah i enjoyed this flick. I am glad that Robert downy JR i coming back out into films. It did very well in this movie, the comical relief is very entertaining, in that sort of intellectual way. He is clever and very witted, good movie, i suggest people to see it.

Back