[V2] Last Movie You've Seen

I thought it was absolutely fantastic, the only bad point having to wear those arsing glasses. It really felt like you were on the planet and even though it's three or so hours long there are no points where you get bored or tired of watching; doesn't feel three hours long!
Sooo good.

Black Hawk Down -- awesome movie. Had great actors in it, great action, humor, cool effects and three of my favorite actors: Eric Bana, Ewan McGregor and Josh Hartnett!

Score: 10/10
:)

(I should make a set out of them ^^)

The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas - 10/10

A brilliant film, very emotion stirring. Basically it's about a boy who moved to the countryside next to a concentration camp and his dad was a Nazi leader and ran the camp. The general's son then befriended a Jew through the wiring of the camp fence and in the end
the boy then digs under the fence to help the little Jew boy find his father but end up being locked in the gas chamber whilst his mother, sister and father were racing round to find him
. There's not that much you can say without giving the whole story away but it was a fantastic film.

Night at the Museum -- 10/10

I'm actually talking about the sequel, but I forget the entire name (something about the Smithsonian). The movie, in my opinion, was perfect. It's only rated PG, but it's a wonderful movie. The rating didn't matter to me, it was absolutely beautiful. Ben Stiller is one of the best actors if you ask me. :)

Movie: Moulin Rouge

I'm pretty sure everyone knows what this movie is about. But if not, it's a tragic love story about a poet, Christian, who falls for a french courtesan, Satine. But there's a duke, who is jealous of her love for Christian. And throughout the movie, Christian and Satine are sneaking around and being together without others knowing. Eventually, the Duke finds out and Christain and Satine decide to run away but then the Duke forces Satine to leave the poet and be with him or he'd kill Christian.

The movie uses songs throughout the years to convey certain themes of a scene. And the movie itself is kinda corny and not too serious, but it's a very good watch.

Batman Begins.

I finally got around to watching it, and I think it's far better than The Dark Knight. Michael Caine is fantastic in it, it's one of his performances I've enjoyed the most since The Italian Job I think. I felt it was much better written than the sequel, and I loved how much more tongue-in-cheek it was in comparison.

Lakeview Terrace

Samuel L. Jackson played his role too good. He made me hate him for his actions. He was just too evil to his interracial neighbors. He put them through hell. The movie was great, though

(y)

Bednobs and Broomsticks.

This is such a great Disney movie and reminds me of my childhood. I love Angela Lansbury and anything on witches, so this was a fantastic movie for me. It helped relax me on the flight to Oz. Funny characters, great music and brilliant animation for its time.

10/10

Law Abiding Citizen

I really enjoyed it for the most part. Basically it is about a man who is trying to overthrow the legal system while seeking vengeance for the deaths of his wife and daughter. The film was exciting and entertaining for the most part but a bit anti-climactic at the end. The main problem I had with it was
that they made the bad guy much more likable than the good guy (who was actually quite the douche bag), this meant that I was hoping that the antagonist would succeed in bringing down the legal system. But in the back of my mind I knew that he wouldn't because the bad guy never wins in these kinds of films. This made the ending disappointing for me.
But even so, I still found the film rather enjoyable.

7/10

Movie: Couples Retreat

Rating: M

Comments: It was okay.

Thought it would have been better though.

Not too much happened. Just about four couples who were on the verge of divorce and then end up getting away to a lovely island retreat in order to sort out their issues etc.

Of course they sort everything out and they all live happily ever after.

The end.

Score: 4/10

Jennifer's Body

I heard somewhere that it was to be a quite good horror movie, but it was just decent. The story is basically about a cheerleader who becomes some sort of possessed demon and comes with all the scenes you suspect to be in the movie:
devil cheerleader seduces boy and kills him, boyfriend of main character girl doesn't believe her story and ends up in trouble, goth boy gets scared, and so on...
. Enjoyable, but not great.

6.5/10 (add 2 points if you like body shots of Megan Fox in 50% of the scenes)

By the way, pretty absurd to see everyone driving around in cars, but not being able to buy alcohol. I'm used that it's the other way around.

Plain and simple this movie was amazing and so much more, my comments on this movie is that they couldn't have made it any better. There was a mixture of everything, and it all flowed together so nicely. Action, Drama, Romance, Angst, and so forth. Personally I loved this movie and give it the highest score a movie can recieve and then some. I highly recommend this movie for anyone that hasn't seen it yet.

10/10 =D

The Hangover.

I got this from my sister and her boyfriend for my birthday, so I watched it yesterday. I'd not seen it before, and it is a funny film. :D
It was great seeing the mess they woke up with, and then how it is almost all revealed how certain things were present there. The photographs shown during the credits were great in showing all that had been said.

9/10.

Movie: Daybreakers

Comments: Decent movie.

Didn't like the Aussie actress who played alongside Ethan Hawke. She can not act.

Other than that I enjoyed the movie as it was quite different.

I really liked how they used sunlight as a cure to turn Vampires back into humans too. Very interesting.

It could have done with a bit more action but other than that it was a decent movie.

Score: 8/10

Last edited:
Ice Age III - Dawn of the Dinosaurs

:ryan:

Scrat & Scratte are absolutely fucking adorable. :ryan: Ice Age is total love, and I can sit here, and watch all three of the movies in a row. Such an amazing movie. I remember seeing the first one in the cinemas... I fell in love with Scrat and Diego. :ryan:

Love these movies. Definitely worth buying.

10/10.

^^^ OMG I have that on layby and I just bought the first two the other day! I can't wait to watch it. :gonk:

---

Movie: Pelham 123

Comments: It was okay.

Kinda scary considering it's what actually happens in real life.

It's about a few guys who hijack a train and then request 10 million from the mayor within one hour and every minute after the deadline he will kill one person per minute.

It's terrible to watch in some parts.

John Travolta is the bad guy and Denzel Washington is the one trying to save the train full of hostages.

It was okay but not something I'd watch before bedtime again.

Score: 8/10

Movie: Astro Boy

Rating: PG

Comment: Good movie.

I was never a fan of Astro Boy, but I didn't hate him, really. My mom wanted to watch this movie, and as a family we went in and watched it. I really loved it, and there I was thinking Hollywood had defiled another great name (boy was I wrong). The plot was great, the action scenes were next to perfect (for an animated movie), and some parts almost had me shedding a tear.

Good movie, deserves a 10/10.

Movie: OldBoy

Rating: R

Comments: Awesomesauce in a box.

It is a South Korean film about a man named Oh-Dae-su who is imprisoned for fifteen years without knowing why, and is released also without knowing why. He goes on a journey to find out who imprisoned him, and why. Definitely one of my most favorite movies of all time. YOU MUST WATCH IT NOW.

10/10

Beverly hills Chiuahua. It was a pretty good and funny movie tbh. The white dog was funny and that dog called EL Diablo was hilarious. It was a nice little story about the CHihuahuas. I would say its more of a family movie though. 7 out of 10

Moon

Great movie. kinda weird story but original. Dont want to spoil anything, so ill keep it at that. Indie movie, so dont expect seeing cgi explosions.

Back