[V2] Last Movie You've Seen

Othello

I have to say it lives up to Hamlet. This movie was excellent I loved every part of it every character and scene had me on the edge or screaming "WHY" or "WTF". The actor who was used in Hamlets role was amusing it cool to see such consistency in a series of movies. The directing for a movie from the 90's was -- if I may say myself well done. Compared to the still great Romeo and Juliet this movie was beautiful to watch and kept all the lines in their originality (y) Sad but beautiful.

I give it an absolutely deserved 9/10 :lew:

Movie: Funny People

Rating: M

Comments: Shittest movie ever.

It was not funny at all. =0 You'd think it would be the funniest movie just because of the title. >.<

Really shit acting from Adam Sandler...though he was never THAT great in my opinion.

The only good actor was Eric Bana and Seth Rogan. I feel that they were a bit restrained from performing their best though in this movie. =/

Score: 0/10

^ Wow, 0/10, is that even legal? xD

Last movie I saw was just earlier this evening, and it was another very enjoyable animated film called Up, odds are you've heard of it, it has just recently won a Golden Globe Award. ;)

This must be my second favourite movie of Disney's I've ever seen, it had a very good story, it had a lot of fun in it (lol @ Alpha's voice when his collar acts up. xD), so yeah, this is just a really quality movie.

My favourite line in the whole movie has to be when Alpha, in the middle of serious discussion, says "Squirrel!" in that high voice he has from the collar being messed up. :monster:

This movie gets a very much deserved 9.5/10 from me.

Last edited:
Movie: Inglorious Bastards

Comments: Meh it was okay.

It had Brad Pitt in it and I think that was the only person I actually knew in the movie.

He was pretty funny, but the movie was a bit strange and hard to understand sometimes.

It was also very gross. I didn't like the scalping part. >.<

Score: 6/10

Last edited:
Let the right one in
It's a Swedish Vampire horror movie about a 12 year old boy/girl vampire and another 12 year old. The movie is actually about childhood and growing up. And how Oskar's friendship gives him the power and the belief to stand up for himself. It's also a story about their love for each other which is not only quite simple and innocent but quite complex as well.

9/10
I really enjoyed it and thougth it was a great movie.

James Cameron did a really fantastic job on Avatar, and I really enjoyed this film and Cameron should make Avatar a saga with 2 more sequels. Surprised it outgrossed The Dark Knight and Pirates of the Carribean, and is 2nd most grossing film of all time, just behind another of Cameron's film, Titanic

10/10. In fact, even better than that

Movie: Terminator: Salvation

Comments: So much better than I thought it would be!

Fantastic graphics and Sam Worthington was in this movie too. >.<

I saw him for the first time in Avatar and then like two weeks later I see him again tonight. XD

He's hot.

Anyway, I loved the entire movie!

It was so sad seeing Marcus strapped up like he was a deadly killing machine, when really he was just a nice guy with no idea why he was the way he was. =(
Score: 10/10

I'm not sure if this refers to movies seen in theaters or in general. But for the purpose of this thread, I'll stick with last seen in the theater.

Movie: Daybreakers

Rating: R

Comments: I'm not much of a horror movie/survival horror fan, but I liked it. I thought the plotline was very interesting. Ethan Hawke does an awesome job, as always (how he gets overshadowed in Training Day, I have no idea). But overall, I thought the concept of the some of the movies dynamics were pretty cool.

Score: 8/10

Bride of Chucky. I loved every moment, especially because it livened up after the stale Child's Play 3. It's got an 18 age rating, mind you.

8/10

The last movie I saw was It's Complicated, I really loved it, it was so funny and endearing in a way you get to feel sorry for some of the characters and I loved whoever played Harley, he was great comic relief!

My score: 9/10

The Box

I was not impressed. The basic idea of the film seemed interesting,
basically a family is presented with a box with a button on it, if they press the button they will get $1 million but someone who they do not know will die.
However I think the film was executed rather poorly. I wasn't sure if it was just the version I had but the lighting seemed dull and the dialog was hard to understand. Plus the main story seemed so convoluted I could barely follow it.

Highlander 4
Basically, they just said fuck continuity; let's make another film. It was poorly written and just as poorly directed and was clearly only ever made for franchise purposes, just like the other two sequels. For the life of me, I can't understand why it wasn't left alone after the first film.

The Simpsons movie (on TV--saw it in the theatre when it came out)
Rating: PG or PG13?
Comments: Very silly, if you like the show you'd definitely enjoy the movie.

Favorite quote:

Marge: "Why are there hoofprints on the ceiling?"

Homer (holding a pig upside down on the ceiling): "Spiderpig, Spiderpig, does whatever a Spiderpig does..." :mrgreen:

Overall: 9/10

Movie:The Hannah Montanna movie

Rating: E

Comments: It was actually great :jess:

I was just skimming through channels and came across it. I was going to change it, then thought might as well watch it. It was actually awesome. She acted her part real well and I thought the ending was brilliant. The song she sang was so beautiful and the message of the movie was great.

Score: 10/10

The Perfect Getaway

It was an interesting movie I liked it =D Basically about a couple who goes on a honeymoon and where they go is where there has been people killing other people :wacky: Hada twist in the end.... I actually was surprised... I thought it was the nice ones.... the nice/quiet ones always do it.:hmmm:... lmao XD. Good movie IMO
dun wanna spoil it so.. imma leave it at that :awesome:
10/10

Last edited:
Sherlock Holmes

I thought it was a brilliant movie. Very cleverly written and the acting was brilliant too. I only found out after the movie was over that the woman who played Irene was in Mean Girls xD She was brilliant. The chemistry between Sherlock and Holmes was hilarious too, those scenes were always very witty.

It was a bit confusing while we were watching the movie - we went for our friend's birthday - but then when he explained it at the end, it all made sense xD It was brilliant.

10/10

This movie was very... odd to me. I got real confused during the first 15minutes but, after a while it started to make more sense. Basically there's a "virtual world" where what the player thinks/does is what the charater does. Lot of boobs XD lmao. It kindof made me sick when they showed a fat man being a girl though O_O I was like "whoaaaa that's grody >.<" yuck. Thought Simon was a cute kid =P. The main character Kable,
was in jail for murdering someone and he's trying to breakout of jail (and does)
to look for something/someone(s) :wacky: .... :awesome: thats all you guys get! (those who havent seen it) Great action movie though so I give it a thumbs up for that (y)
10/10

Heavy Metal in Baghdad

It's a documentary in which the filmmaker follows an Iraqi Heavy Metal band called Acrassicauda. The film is not so much a film about music as it is a film about war. In actuality there are very few live performances by the band. Instead the film reflects the effects that the war in Iraq has had on the civilians in Baghdad. I really enjoyed it and I think it's definitely worth a watch.

8/10

Street Fighter IV The Movie

Its pretty good,but not everyone from the game appears in the movie,I always wanted to see it and I watched it on youtube last night. Gosh in anime,the main character always has memory loss and amnesia,I cant take it!!

Crank 2: High Voltage

The story of this movie is not important at all, just like in part 1. This movie is one hell of a ride fully packed with adrenaline and action. Add a lot of short shorts that don't make any sense at all plus actor Jason Statham (who always plays nice roles) and this movie is instant win. A very godo movie to watch with some beer and some popcorn.

Back