[V2] Last Movie You've Seen

Movie: The Jacksons: An American Dream
Comments: A great movie that taught me the hardships that Micheal Jackson and his brothers went through to become well known in history
Rating:10/10
Score:10

Bridge To Terabithia - 9/10

Overall I'd say it's a solid film, it has some fantasy in there but isn't over the top and still manages to keep in touch with reality and everything going on. The part where Leslie dies was a brilliantly played out by all actors, even the younger ones. Especially when her best friend meets her dad and thanks him for being her first ever best friend, it was a particularly touching moment of the film. Fantastically written and brilliantly acted throughout.

Movie: Dumb and Dumber

Rating: M

Comments: I've never seen this before until last night. XD

It was so freakin' funny! I laughed the entire way through. It was way better than number two. XD

My favourite part was when they were in their old apartment and Lloyd screams, 'Our animals heads are fallin' off!'

After Harry's pet birds head was taken off by the bad guys. >.<

Score: 10/10

Absolutely phenomenal movie! I was blown away by actress Zoe Saldana's performance, since she appeared in the movie only as a blue Na'vi. Newcomer Sam Worthington really impressed me as well.

I know a lot of people have dogged the movie for it's story, but I actually loved it. Yeah, it was similiar to Pocohontas and Dances with Wolves and heck, maybe even Tarzan, but who the hell cares? On that note, the dialogue could've been better (particularly Quaritch's) but it wasn't just horrendous. It goes without saying that the visuals were incredible!

Definately a must-see for all those that haven't yet! There's a reason it's already made over 1 billion at the box office!

Movie: Push

Comments: OMG I loved this movie! Camilla Belle is one of my favourite actresses too, so that was a bonus.

Dakota Fanning really did a brilliant job in this movie, as always.

Awesome effects and the powers each of them had were really cool!

I love how it all came together in the end. It was truly brilliant!

Movie: Good Luck Chuck

Rating:Not Rated

Comments: A really hysterical movie, but do not watch it with children around! It was nice seeing Jessica Alba play a really clumsy, quirky character with lots of faults. The amount of comedy was just right, but I will say this is an adult film. there is some minor nudity (mostly just female breasts) and a lot of sex. Even some of the sex scenes had some really hilarious moments. :lew: Though it also has a tad bit of drama and is somewhat sad a few times. It makes you feel sorry for the main character (Dane Cook) at times. Anyway, a very funny film to watch with your significant other. I highly recommend it! You won't stop laughing! xD

Score: 9/10

Movie: Sherlock Holmes

Rating: Can't remember but it wasn't high!

Comments: I really didn't enjoy the movie all that much.

Although Downey Jr. and Law are good actors, they didn't seem to fit the parts IMO. It seemed like an odd choice of actors and neither of them convinced me that they were the characters of Holmes and Watson respectively.

The plot wasn't exactly original but probably should have been enough to keep to you going. Again, the acting didn't really draw me in and so I didn't really care about what was going on.

Also, as you would expect with a Sherlock Holmes movie, there were various mysteries spread through out the movie all culminating in one master plan by the main villain. The thing is, they don't give you enough clues to work anything out for yourself. You just see lots of of details that are pretty obvious that you should pick up on, but you have no idea what they are or how they relate. I mean for example, you see all these strange things in a workshop that look like they would be used in alchemy and how on Earth are you supposed to know that the white powder will react with copper to
kill someone in a bath tub?
At the end, it's all explained for you and I just sat there thinking 'I didn't have a chance to figure that out'. It would have been a more involving experience had you been able to try and work it out for yourself.
You probably could if you are an expert in foreign flora and fauna, chemistry and engineering etc.
I thought it was cool that you found out it was
Moriarty
at the end though. I did expect that! :monster:

The action scenes were OK, nothing special IMO. It seemed like the action was fighting against the mystery aspect of the movie and they didn't really gel. In the end, the movie was trying to be 2 things and ended up neither of them.

Probably the most annoying thing for me was the dialogue. The accent of Downey was good but overall, the dialogue seemed to be too quick, too witty. It seemed like it was trying too hard to be clever and it just got annoying. I often missed things they were saying because Holmes and Watson were involved in a very quick back and forth, trying to be funny, exchange.
It could be that I'm not quick enough to keep up, but there are other movies that are deep and cleverly done and I managed to keep up with them. No Country For Old Men would be a good example.

Rating: 4/10
It just wasn't my cup of tea.

Last edited:
Bridge To Terabithia - 9/10

Overall I'd say it's a solid film, it has some fantasy in there but isn't over the top and still manages to keep in touch with reality and everything going on. The part where Leslie dies was a brilliantly played out by all actors, even the younger ones. Especially when her best friend meets her dad and thanks him for being her first ever best friend, it was a particularly touching moment of the film. Fantastically written and brilliantly acted throughout.

That was such a great movie. I agree that it very well-acted by all. It was sad though.

Movie: Terminator 2: Judgment Day

Rating: PG-13

Comments: I absolutely love this movie. I've seen it countless times and it just never gets old. The action scenes are spectacular. The villain is top-notch. Robert Patrick was perfect as the T-1000; he managed to be completely menacing without having to say much. The story was excellent and I honestly thought it was a fitting ending to the Terminator story. Unfortunately, 3 ruined that. >_> Ah well, excellent film all around and definitely one of my all time favorites.

Movie: Hot Rod

Comments: I will never tire of this movie.

It's so funny. >.<

I especially love the part where Rod looks at Denise and the song 'I Just Died In your arms tonight' starts playing and her hair is blowing in the wind. XD

I also love it when he needs to go to his 'quiet place' and he starts smoking and boozing it up to different classic songs. XD And then falls down a really tall mountain.

Then Rico bashes up some guy and starts saying 'You gonna bring the demons outta me!' XD

It's just funny the entire way through. >.<

North By Northwest

A classic movie by Alfred Hitchcock. Hitchcock's movies sometimes have that strange kind of conversation which only happens in movies and some really bad special effects (probably just heavy outdated, whatever) but they still have a certain attracttion on the viewer. I guess that's what makes Hitchcock a good director.

They story of this movie quite classic with a guy who is mistaken for a special agent, but there are some quite interesting plot changes to keep it fun for the whole movie.

Decent.

7/10

Where do I even start with this one? This is probably the best film I've seen in years, what a brilliant way for me to start the decade with this one. Like many people have said, the detail is excellent with the 3D animation. However, I really loved the storyline of the whole thing. It makes everyone see what damage we're doing to our world and it could turn out to be like that one day if you really think about it. I really love the N'avi! I might even have an accidental dream that I am really one of them lol. Got really into the film, though I'm annoyed I had to burst out to the toilet halfway through! Love the fact that it was long, though three hours is a long time to be in the cinema for. Overall, it's made me very happy and left me inspired. I really hope there's a sequel to this!

10/10

Movie: The Swan Princess

Rating: G

Comments: I hadn't watched this movie since it was on video. XD Would've been back when I was in primary school still.

I simply love this movie!

It has decent voice acting and although I really don't like it when they start to sing, the songs in this one are actually really nice to listen too.

They aren't annoying or tacky.

It's pretty much about a princess who turns into a swan. >.<

Great kids movie. <3

Last edited:
Spider-Man 3

PG-13

Comments: Peter Parker (Played By Toby Macguire) took a new role as the black suit Spider-Man, and also became badass in the process, his main rival in the movie, was a sadl portrayed Eddie Brock (Played By Topher Grace), you all know what happens, the bad part about this movie was how Brock was portrayed, in the Cartoon, and comics, he is portrayed as a muscle massed being who takes shit from nobody, sadly in the movie he was portrayed as a tiny wimp who should be hit by a truck, another main character who makes an appearance is Gwen Stacy, or The Black Cat, but the movie really screwed up by trying to shove 3 villains into one near 3 hour long movie, i liked it for the most part, but it just wasn't good, and it was a very bad way to end the current movie story line.

Rating:5.5/10

The Taking of Pelham 123

It's not the kind of film I'd watch, but it was pretty good when I sat down to watch it tonight. John Travolta was both powerful and scary as Ryder, as Denzel Washington is terrified as the what's-his-name guy. It had me asking a whole lot of questions throughout, so it kept me guessing and that's good to me. Hadn't seen a good film in ages, so I'm really glad I got the chance to watch this when I did.

9/10

Movie :: Avatar

Rate :: Master!

Comment :: i freekin love this movie!!
The Graphix are awsome and the characters are so different.
Dunno if people seen this movie but i love how they play the guy that cant use his legs then they put his mind into an avatar body and he can walk again.

i seriously love this movie its so awsome.

11/10

Movie: The Swan Princess

Rating: G

Comments: I hadn't watched this movie since it was on video. XD Would've been back when I was in primary school still.

I simply love this movie!

It has decent voice acting and although I really don't like it when they start to sing, the songs in this one are actually really nice to listen too.

They aren't annoying or tacky.

It's pretty much about a princess who turns into a swan. >.<

Great kids movie. <3

Kandy, that just really made me nostalgic. I loved Swan Princess--I even had a lunchbox that featured it. I think I'm gonna watch it again now. :tehe:

Movie: Sherlock Holmes

Rating: 10/10

I was reluctant about watching this because I thought, 'oh it'd just be another one of those cliche films with
a detective who solves a crime and saves the world
'. I wasn't wrong. But it was executed in the most stylish, captivating way.

To begin with, the plot was brilliant--although a little confusing at first. I have to say that the biggest factor here were the leads. They were quirky, very 'in character' and intelligent. The atmosphere of the film matches the theme and creates a sort of mysterious aura. The twists were unexpected and the ending would just leave you wanting more.

Definitely a must-see.

I have been ill for the last few days, so I watched a bunch of movies:

The Men Who Stare At Goats
A movie about a secret US army regiment of psychic soldiers and a reporter who want's to know all about it. Some very funny scenes. The story is a bit absurd, but that is what makes this film worth watching.
7/10

This Is It
That Micheal Jackson documentary, you know it. I'm not a big MJ fan, but it looks like the world has missed the biggest, greatest popconcert ever.
6/10

Seven Samurai
I wanted to watch this classic movie for some time now, and spending a day sick in bed was a great oppurtunity to watch this long (3,5 hour) movie. Good storie, interesting characters, some exciting scenes, good stuff. The lack of colors (black and white movie) didn't bother me at all.
7,5/10

Bom yeoreum gaeul gyeoul geurigo bom
Second movie of director Ki-duk Kim I've seen, and just as great as the first (Bin Jip). A story about a monk who lives with his student in a temple in the middle of a lake in a forest. Slow pace, nice shots, interesting characters, relaxing atmosphere. I'm definitely going to watch more of his movies.
9/10

the last one was Dorian Gray! ok,let's see..my opinion about it:
I didn't knew any actors from the movie,but that didn't stop me from watching..
Well,the plot was pretty good,original as far as I can tell..with the Devil and stuff,the main actor played very well his role..as the action occurred in Great Britan[if I remember correctly]..and the ladies in those fine dressed was a good point,skipping all this..The main idea as this guy Louis-[Dorian] makes a pact with the Devil[which was an old man] by mistake..as he meets coming in London this guy which was very good at paiting as he makes a paiting with him naming it Dorian Gray,as he wishes that he stayed yound an be succeseful as his painting..as that happens..He sleeps with many women,as then they die but his pact was also including never to truly love,only to be LOVED but never to LOVE!]
AS he had all the beauty as his painting grew older each day,each year..as Louis never aged since then..and at the end after years,he falls truly in love with the daugther of one of his friends..as he decided to still keep his secret,as in the end the painting burns as he was locked there in the same room..Louis taking a sword and stabbed the painting as the pain,sadness and the old person from the painting transffers to him and he dissapears as the painting remains the same...

Very good movie..it really moved me...*cry*
10/10!!

Friday the 13th (Remake)

Not the best hack'n'slash horror out there. Most of the kills were just a stab with a knife/sword, which is really dull and predictable. The killer is just a guy with a bag over his head. The reason he comes back to life all the time is unexplained, making it less believable (not that horrors need to be believable, but it's just a serial killer...it wouldn't have taken too much to explain that).

Was there any music? I don't remember...
No effects, dull characters, unimaginable deaths...avoid.

I'll still give it a 4/10 though, as it does bring back memories of the originals, if you've seen them. Ahhhh, nostalgia :kelly:

Amazing ~ Only word that I can think of to describe it.

I really didn't know what to expect from this movie, really the only thing that I knew about it was that the visuals were beautiful, and that it was a long movie. I had read a lot of reviews about this movie stating that the only thing that was good about it was the graphics. What a load of crap.

I don't know about most people but I enjoy a movie where you can get acquainted with the characters and learn to 'see through their eyes.' That's exactly what Avatar has done. Everyone who has seen a trailer knows the main character is given an 'Avatar' to control. Unlike most movies that just jump right into the action and say 'screw the learning', Avatar in fact, takes you through Jake's experiences in learning about and how to control his Avatar. That is what makes the storyline so amazing. It doesn't just jump straight into the action.

The looks of the movie. Duh. That one is really a no brain-er. This movie is beautiful. They really did an amazing job at bringing another world to life. Quite literally too.

Back