[V2] Last Movie You've Seen

Swing Girls

It just happened to be airing on television today, but this has successfully made me see Jazz in a different light. I used to find Jazz rather dull and boring. Although I acknowledge that it can be rather romantic, I thought I'd never grow to like it one bit.

After watching this show, I thought otherwise.

It's about this group of school girls in some rural part of Japan. By an accident, they ended up sending the school's band to the hospital. Blackmailed by the remaining healthy member of the band, they were forced to join the school's Brass Band. However, their numbers were insufficient.

Still, that didn't stop them expanding their options, and ultimately reach their best bet- Big Band. Thereafter, they fell in love with this genre, and began to form their own group, named the 'Swing Girls'.

The characters reflected my original opinions of Jazz really well. Perhaps that was how I came to identify myself with the characters, and as they grew to like the genre, I couldn't help but follow. Nevertheless, I think this is a rather decent show worth watching.

No Country for Old Men

I first saw it in the cinema a little over a year ago and I recently decided to watch it again (on DVD) the other night. To be frank, I think it is overrated (it got nominated for some ridiculous number of awards a few years ago). But with that said, it wasn't that bad. Admittedly I preferred watching it at home rather than the cinema because I found it to be one of those films which is best watched in an environment where you can reflect and concentrate on what is happening. There were some interesting ideas and philosophical concepts that were raised in the film as well as a lot of symbolism. I did find some parts of the movie to be quite slow and dull though.

I really liked the main antagonist; Anton Chigurh he seemed to embody death essentially in the same way as the grim reaper does. It seemed as though everything he came into contact with was doomed. The thing I found interesting though was that he didn't seem to personify death in an evil sense as most traditional villains do, rather he personified it as a natural part of life. To be killed by him was seemingly considered a natural cause of death. I also found his actual character rather interesting too; on the outside he was quiet and cold but he had a lot of odd philosophical concepts which he seemed to live his life by.

As a whole, it's a pretty good movie. It has a few dull parts, but it still left a lasting impression on me after watching it the second time. I didn't really like it the first time I watched it but I'd chalk that down to not being able to fully absorb the finer points of the film at the time.

8/10

Miss Congeniality

I really forgot how good this film was. It was the first ever time I saw Sandra Bullock onscreen and she's fantastically funny in this. The idea of a masculine female FBI officer going undercover to Miss USA is hilarious. She delivers a lot of one-liners throughout and even gets some of the contestants to break the rules. Definitely one of my personal favourite films.

10/10

Drag Me To Hell

It's on Virgin now, I don't think I like it as much as when I first went to see it in the cinemas. It's one of those films that was brilliantly executed for a first time see then it goes downhill upon seeing it the second time. There are some really funny parts still like when she fights the old bint in the carpark and she starts to gum her. On the whole I think what made the film as well is because of the scary parts, but like most horror films, it loses its affect after seeing it the first time since you know when it's coming and what's going to happen.

7/10

Mine was a Sandra Bullock movie also XD

Practical Magic:

Never seen this before and it is just awesome! Sandra Bullock had me in fits as did Nicole Kidman!! She was so stunning in this film and now look :( Its about the craft and how true love can break century old curses. Black comedy and a lovely ending, its super!

10/10

Movie: Avatar

Rating: M

Comments: One of the best movies I've seen in a long time!

Fantastic effects and the storyline was awesome! It was a three hour movie but I was entertained the whole time!

I just loved the scenery and all the fantasy like animals and such. >.<

The ending was great!
Score: 10/10

Titanic. I always cry when I watch this movie.

The part where the band plays on the ship as it sinks because they know they wont be able to get a life boat is one of the saddest parts. They spend the rest of the time doing what they love... playing music :'(

And the mother and her kids... in bed. She is telling them a story getting them to go to sleep as the water comes into the room. And the old couple in their bed.

*cries*

Trick r Treat (8/10)
Great fun, and it was great how they linked a bunch of individual stories together on one single thread of the story. Well, except for two of the stories. Those two stories were linked together, but they had nothing to do with this thread that I was talking about before. Also, they were an excuse to get boobs into the film.

Great fun though. By the end it all makes sense and it feels like a real ending. Not to mention that it reveals that a small detail results in what happens in the first scene.

St. Trinian's

I literally argued with my sister to watch this a couple of hours ago because she wanted to watch Bedtime Stories and my argument was that this wouldn't be shown again on Sky Movies, whereas hers would. Aside from that, I loved watching this again. It seemed to have gotten better from the last time I watched it! Everything about it was great, but I do quite think Tallulah Riley acts better in the second one instead. Russell Brand was ok as well, though I sometimes wasn't convined by his acting. I never even noticed that Rupert Everett played both Miss Fritton and Mr Fritton before, too!

9/10

When i went to the cinema i was already expecting a good film, since the reviews were fairly good. Turned out to be one of the best films i've seen in the last few years.
The scenarios are trully beautiful, the 3D models are flawless, it has a pretty damn interesting story and a brilliant ending.

10/10 Highly Recommended. I'll buy your ticket! Just go see it! :)

I went and saw Sherlock Holmes the other night. Excellent and extremely funny movie with great actors and brilliant set pieces. It's not quite on par with the best movies this year (Up and Star Trek in my opinion), but it's pretty damn close.

Movie: My Sisters Keeper

Rating: PG

Comments: A lot of people told me how sad this was and everything and for the most part it was, but it didn't make me cry or anything thankfully.

It had a bit of a twist at the end which was good.

Lovely acting by all and such a realistic look at what happens in real life.

Love Actually

A good film I hadn't watched in ages and glad I did since I wasn't doing much, anyway. The acting in this is superb! Hugh Grant as the Prime Minister! I bet he'd do a MUCH better job than Gordon Brown any day. I loved the whole concept of being together with your family/partner at Christmas. It's a beautiful film, one I'd watch again if I get another chance anytime soon.

9/10

I'm really excited to watch this movie. Because it's about the end of the world.
The movie has a nice graphic and kinda scary...But, I love it...:)
I don't know if it will be a reality, but it's up to us to believe it or not...:ryan:
I watched it twice and I don't get bored beacuse it's great!!

I waste 2 hours to get the ticket! Phew...

10/10

I saw District 9.
=/ I was quite disapointed actually. I mean, it was OK but, I expected it to be a better movie. First of all, the main character is a complete idiot and has no fucking common sense. Ugh he pissed me off! -__- not ta mention when he was an arse ta the alien that said would save him. Eek, idk I just didnt enjoy the movie =/
5/10
Although the ending was kindof cute with the whole flower thing. But overall a complete letdown

Movie: Home Alone

Rating: PG

Comments: I watched this at my mates house tonight. Haven't seen it in years, but it was alright.

Funny in some parts when the bad guys get beaten up by a little kid. XD

Pretty much a family goes to France for Christmas but leave their son behind at home. >.<

He has to protect his house from burglers the whole time.

Superman Returns

So when it's New Year's Day, there's not much to do. I thought I'd watch this on the TV when it came on, but I wasn't exactly very impressed with it. The acting could've been better and there seemed to be a lack of action in some parts of the film. I do agree that they picked the right actor for Superman, but I felt a lack of Clark Kent in there. I like the actress for Lois as well, but I do prefer Erica Durance portraying her in Smallville. Not a bad film, but could be better.

7/10

Movie: Tokyo Drift

Rating: M

Comments: This one is my favourite out of the four movies.

I love the Tokyo scene a lot better. It's so colourful and I love all the shiny pretty cars throughout the movie.

I was so sad when Han died though. v_v

He was the best thing about that movie in my opinion!

Great cars, okay storyline and decent acting.

Sherlock Holmes.

I thought it was quite an awesome movie. It was very fun, and had a pretty decent soundtrack to compliment it.

The relationship between Holmes and Watson was done well, and it was well acted. It didn't take itself too seriously, and was a lot of fun. I really enjoyed it.

9/10.

Last edited:
The Road - 8.5/10

In a Post Apocalyptic setting, where the world is falling apart. A man must protect his son and take him safely south across America to the Southern Shore. There is little or no food and the World is filled with Canibals who are trying to stay alive.

It is a mentally intense and emotional story. Not very exciting, but more interesting. I really enjoyed this movie alot. Viggo Mortensen had another great preformance in this movie.

Back