[V2] Last album you bought/downloaded?

Amizon

Too orsm for you.
Veteran
Gil
The last thread was somewhat outdated, so we've decided to make a new one.

Post about your the last album you bought/downloaded in this thread. Please elaborate in your posts and give details about the particular album.

A suggested format could be:

Album Title:
Comments:
Rating:

One liner posts will be classed as spam and may be deleted without warning.

Album Title: The Fame : Monster

Comments: I think every song on this album is great. It's perfect, there's no filler. Bad Romance is the best song on the album, but the others are just as good.

I think if I had to rank each song in order it would go.

Bad Romance > Teeth > Alejandro > Telephone > Monster > So Happy I Could Die > Dance in the Dark > Speechless.

Speechless is only last cause I'm not the worlds biggest fan of ballads, even if GaGa sings them wonderfully xD

Rating : Five stars out of five. I'd go as far as to call it the best album of 2009, in my opinion.

I bought a stack of albums:
Paranoid by Black Sabbath
Kerplunk by Green Day
...And Justice for All by Metallica
Fistful of Metal by Anthrax
Among the Living by Anthrax
and another Anthrax album I can't remember.

All of the albums were great, but not being a big Black Sabbath fan beforehand, I wan't expecting so much of a blues influence in it. I mean, Black Sabbath directly stems from blues, but whatever. My favorite album is either Kerplunk or ...And Justice for All.

'Microkosmos' by Drudkh.

I discovered this band while listening to a randomized playlist at a friends house. I read about this band before and figured out I would probably like them, but have forgotten about them for a long time. The album is really good, a nice mix of folksy/ambient-like tunes with the not so stupid kind of black metal. Probably an acquired taste, but definitely worth to check out.

Album Title
:Last Album I bought was breaking benjamin's "Dear Agony"

Comments:
If I do say so myself its very well put together album, well....it friggin' rocks lets just say that :awesome:and Before that it was CheVelle's Sci-Fi Crimes, and before that Wonder Whats next I needed a new one.

I don't oftenly Buy albums I usually buy them off amazon as MP3s or something.

Rating:
**** 4 stars out of 5, its good it just doesn't amount up to Phobia and We are Not Alone

Last edited:
I think the last I bought was The Seldom Seen Kid by Elbow. I finally gave in and went for it, and to be honest I think it's a bit overrated. There are about three songs that I really like; One Day Like This in particular is really good; but the rest are quite forgettable. I'm not the only one who thinks it isn't that good, and I've been told by him that their earlier stuff is their best so I may look at that if I cba.

The Fame/The Fame Monster - Lady Gaga. Mark convinced me to give Lady Gaga a chance, and I got both of them. So far only listened to some of, it, but the rest of her album is as good as the singles that I've heard, so so far I'm liking her music... so I'm giving it a tentative 3.5/5 stars

Last edited:
Hands - Little Boots

I like Little Boots. Every song on her album is good, but when she nails it, her songs are excellent. New In Town, Earthquake and Remedy are, in my opinion, the standouts. They're fantastic and match anything Lady GaGa could do.

Sadly this excellence isn't maintained throughout the album, and some of the songs do seem like fillers, although when she's on the ball, she's excellent.

I'll rate this album 3.5 stars out of 5.

Man on the Moon by Kid Cudi

This album is certainly different from the mainstream and the album is composed like a story book and focuses on Cudi's dreams and night terrors. It is an awesome album and the concept is deep.

Now the album might not get you hype or anything but it has a cool vibe to that just makes you think and relax.

I give the album a 5 out of 5 and I highly recommend it to anyone who needs something different to listen to.

Parklife - Blur
It's an album I've been meaning to get for quite a while now but only just bought it recently. There are a lot of tracks that deserve a lot of credit on it. My particular favourites would be Girls and Boys, Troubles in the Message Centre and the title track. That list is missing out a lot of songs that are probably just as good though.

Jefferson Airplane - Surrealistic Pillow

It's pretty fantastic, it's one of those albums where there's no filler. There's only one track I'm gonna take off my itunes, and that's just cause I don't really care for instrumental tracks.

The singing and the playing is pretty fantastic, and I discovered that two songs I've always liked, but never known their names, are on this album. White Rabbit and Somebody To Love, amazing :jess:

Grace Slick has a pretty amazing voice too, and I'm considering looking for more of her work.

30 Seconds To Mars-This Is War

This is the last album i downloaded, i waited for it to come out since i first heard about it. Though it wasn't what i expected it to be, i only liked a couple of songs on it the rest i just didn't like for some reason. All in all i'm going to buy it later to support the band.

Breaking Benjamin - Dear Agony

To put it simply, this album was fantastic! I loved every single song on the album, which is a first for me. I thought it was impossible for the band to top their last album, Phobia, but they definately did.

The only thing I can see people criticizing this album for is the fact that it's really nothing new;the band stuck with pretty much the same themes and style, but that doesn't really bother me. I fell in love with this band because of their sound, so I'm glad they didn't undergo a dramatic change.

Minutes to midnight-linkin park

I loved the album. I think its one of there best. i loved no more sorrow, hands held high and bleed it out.

Its a great album but in my veiw there where too meany ballads. i loved the new type of songs but i would have liked a few songs to be like the songs from hybrid thery

Album Title: Hold Me Down, by You Me At Six.

Comments: <3

New album is love. I expected it to be good, as their last album certainly wasn't a let down. :D I love the mix of in your face songs, and sad songs on this. Great message on this album, absolutely loving it.

I have only downloaded it now, but when the money arrives in my damn bank account ABOUT TIME, I'm definitely shipping it over from the UK. You lucky bastards, to those who live there. -__-

Rating: 10/10.

I love it. :D The whole album has been on repeat all day. :D

Florence & The Machine - Lungs
Paloma Faith - Do You Want The Truth or Something Beautiful

Both albums are fabulous and Ive wanted them for ages XD Got them from Tesco for £13!! Was quick cause they were the last ones there!! Woop!

I got Bullet for my valentines "The Poison" album last, and i love it

I had already listened to all of the album but two songs, and I really wanted to hear those two, as i am a big fan of the band. I had the songs on my zune, but now i have the entire album...YAYZ!

Title: Katatonia's "Night is the New Day"
Comment: Amazing album. I was expecting it to sound like all of Katatonia's other stuff but it surpassed it completely. The song on the album by the same name is easily the best in my opinion, of anything they've made before.

I've been on a bit of a spree lately;
OK Computer - Radiohead
I was finally converted to Radiohead by one of my housemates. I got it on his recommendation as one of the best albums of the decade and I agree with that. I've always had a bit of a love/hate thing with Radiohead. I tend to either really like their stuff or not at all, but I can't fault a single track on this album.

Kid A - Radiohead
Another album I was told to buy, and again I think it's absolutely fantastic. Its got a much better sound to it than OK Computer and it all flows together so well. I especially like The National Anthem and How to Disappear Completely

Lungs - Florence & The Machine
I was a bit skeptical about their album, but I don't really know why. I liked Dog Days Are Over and I think their cover of You've Got The Love is probably better than the original. Florence Welch has a really nice voice, and the album in general is really easy to listen to.

Leaders of the Free World - Elbow
Much better than The Seldom Seen Kid, which I was quite disappointed by. This album flows a lot better than The Seldom Seen Kid does, and there are a lot more really good tracks on it.

Back