[V2] Last album you bought/downloaded?

Paramore - The Final Riot!

A friend got me this for my twenty-first birthday and I'm glad she did because not only does it contain some of my favourite songs, but there are some I haven't heard before and they're quite interesting to hear. It's only the second live album I've even got and it's nice to hear the band go live instead of a pre-recorded version. They're pretty good live, so I take my hat off to them for doing such a fantastic job.

10/10

weezerhurleyalbumcover3.jpg

1283851374lordi.jpg

Weezer - Hurley (Favorite tracks; Memories, Ruling Me, Where's My Sex?, All My Friends Are Insects, and Viva La Vida)

Lordi - Babez For Breakfast (Favorite tracks; Bigger Than You, Give Your Life For Rock and Roll, Nonstop Nite)

Uh...yeah. I got these two albums at the same time. The guy at the checkout stared between the two for a few seconds, then glanced at me (wearing a Dragonforce t-shirt) and had no words. It was a rather funny moment.

noxarcana9.jpg

"Phantom of the High Seas" by Nox Arcana

This album came out merely two years ago, and I just got it yesterday; and by got, I mean I illegally pirated it :wacky:. The album itself is wonderful. It tells the tales of the ghost stories of pirates, and with that in mind, you are surely to hear some sailor-like beats into it. It is true that the album is an all-instrumental album with the exception of one song that is an actual singing song XD. But with that in mind, the album has wonderful music, and anybody who has an inner-nerd like myself who enjoys piano, violin, and other orchestra instruments like that, then I highly recommend it for you.

10/10

Funeral - Arcade Fire
I can't decide if I really do prefer to Neon Bible, like most people seem to. It's really hard to compare the two albums because neither album sounds all that similar too much. Neon Bible is definitely a more commercial album, that much is obvious.

Chiodos+-+Illuminaudio.png

Album; Illuminaudio
Artist; Chiodos
Year Released; 2010
Genre; Post-Hardcore

This is the first album of Chiodos I gave a listen, and before I actually did listen to it, I was a bit worried it wouldn't meet my expatitions, but I must say after giving a good few listens all the way through, it's pretty good. The new singer they have is quite great, and his vocals are nice. Anyone who is a long-time fan, or even just enjoys good rock, should pick this up or download it illegally like i did :wacky:

10/10

Deleted? Way to go Lordi :P

Anyway, just picked up Avantasia's "The Wicked Symphony" as recommended by a friend. I think I may have to get more stuff form this group. They kinda come across as a mix of Slash, Blind Guardian, and Ayreon and it's a rather interesting sound.

Favorite Tracks: The Wicked Symphony, Dying for An Angel, Runaway Train.

I think it was actually the FFIX OST.
If you don't know the artist, you deserve to be shot. :mokken:

The next album will probably be Distant Worlds and Distant Worlds 2, by the same. Orchestral arrangements FTW!
Oh, and I'll actually be BUYING this one. :gasp:

The Very Best of the Doors

It's a double CD with 34 songs and it only cost me $13, pretty good value if you ask me. The Doors were a great band and this CD has pretty much all of my favorite songs by them so go figure.

Album Title: Infant Sorrow: Get him to the Greek Russell Brand

Comments: I freakin' loved this soundtrack!

The lyrics are all hilarious and I love his voice! Every song played during this movie was so awesome that I just had to buy the soundtrack!

I would recommend everyone listen to it! It's just so full of awesome! XD

Rating: 10/10

'Microkosmos' by Drudkh.

I discovered this band while listening to a randomized playlist at a friends house. I read about this band before and figured out I would probably like them, but have forgotten about them for a long time. The album is really good, a nice mix of folksy/ambient-like tunes with the not so stupid kind of black metal. Probably an acquired taste, but definitely worth to check out.

*Gasp* Someone else who knows Drudkh, awesome!

On that note I have recently gotten "Monotheist" by Celtic Frost, The Apostasy by Behemoth and Bloody Kisses by Type O Negative. Weird mix I guess but they are all good albums. Overall I'd recommend the CF one the most, it has all that made old-school Celtic Frost great with some new additions.

danger_days_the_true_lives_of_the_fabulous_killjoys-12173960-frntl.jpg

I have to say, this album is pretty great. The guitar riffs that were somewhat gone in their "The Black Parade" album are more present here in the new album. I have to be honest, I was a bit worried that the new drummer would've had lived up to the talent that their previous drummer, Bob Bryar had, but again I was mistaken there. Each song on the album holds its own pros individually. I will have to say that, I am definitely digging this album, and everything about it. MCR definitely has their groove back. :ryan:

Trading Yesterday - More Than This

I already had one or two songs, but thought I'd download the rest to get a feel of the album itself. Pretty impressive from what I've heard, which is the majority of it. Still listening to a few more songs and I've finished. Come Back To Me, World On Fire and Under My Skin are standouts for me already. I'm pretty shocked this was never released since it could have been such a big seller. Love this album, looks like I may be hooked on this for a while yet.

8/10

tarjawhatliesbeneathfro.jpg

Just got it the other day. I need to listen to it a bit more to really form a solid opinion, but as for a first impression...

It feels more structured/well formed than "My Winter Storm". MWS wasn't bad, but her voice took straight off for high opera range in just about every track and this time around she seems to have it under better control.

I don't think she's going to "pull an Ozzy" and have a skyrocketing solo career after Nightwish, but she's hardly going to drop off the map.

I'll name the last 3 CD's I bought.

Papa Roach - Time for Annihilation

7/10

I really like the new songs that are on this CD. They have a great sound and they're pretty fun to play on guitar. :lew: The only problem is, there are only 5 new songs, while the other 9 are live versions of older songs. This is a big let down overall, but those 5 songs are excellent.

Linkin Park - A Thousand Suns

4/10

This CD didn't jive with me all that much really. Honestly, I thought their last CD (Minutes to Midnight) was pretty good, even though most Linkin Park fans didn't approve. I thought it was a mature route to go, and it sounded pretty good for the most part. This CD though has 15 songs, and most of them are bridge/filler type songs. They last like a minute or so and they're not even real songs. Of the actual 6 or so real songs, some of them are pretty good and catchy, but the high number of non-real songs kills the overall ranking.

Trapt - No Apologies

10/10

After 2 somewhat dud CD's, this one certainly made up for it. Their last CD (Only Through the Pain) was probably their worst CD overall, even though it was still an excellent CD, but I was expecting that this CD would go in a similar direction as the last. I was wrong, it was more like their 2nd, but a little less harsh, I guess. But the music going on is really awesome. I highly recommend this CD if you like any of Trapt's past stuff or if you enjoy good, not-so-typical alternative music.

Me? Lights.

35286_Lights-CD-Art_small.jpg

That was a while ago.

Recently my brother bought Katy Perry's new CD. It's alright, not as good as her first one.

I bought Less Than Jake's TV/EP (guess that's not really an album...) I'd been checking up on them every once in a while to see if they'd done anything new. They have. Kind of. The whole thing's a cover of various commercials and tv theme songs. See?:

danger_days_the_true_lives_of_the_fabulous_killjoys-12173960-frntl.jpg

I have to say, this album is pretty great. The guitar riffs that were somewhat gone in their "The Black Parade" album are more present here in the new album. I have to be honest, I was a bit worried that the new drummer would've had lived up to the talent that their previous drummer, Bob Bryar had, but again I was mistaken there. Each song on the album holds its own pros individually. I will have to say that, I am definitely digging this album, and everything about it. MCR definitely has their groove back. :ryan:

I just picked this one up earlier today. To be honest; I've never really been much of an MCR fan other than the use of Black Parade in AMV Hell 4's end credits. This album somehow feels different from the other stuff of theirs that I'd been hearing and I have to say I'm quite pleased at the fact.

I download new releases every week when it comes to electronic music but the last one I actually bought is this one:

fin2dv021_b.jpg

It's a compilation of various psytrance tracks. I would give it a 8/10. The only reason I actually bought it is because there's a remix of Voyage Voyage by Desireless on it, one of my favourite track from the 80's. That remix is awesome( if you want to check it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpO8uH9PJOg). I try to buy a cd once in a while to support those unknown artists who make great music.

I also received Distant World I and II from Play-Asia last week. I already had them on my computer but I wanted to expand my Final Fantasy music collection. I think they worth their prices.

Back