[V2] Last album you bought/downloaded?

I bought two today!

Shakira - Laundry Service

Shakira - Oral Fixation

I was listening to Laundry Service on the way home in the car this arvo and I was surprised at how much I liked her other songs aside from her singles.

It's a shame I don't hear much of her anymore. =/

The last album I bought was Grey Britain by Gallows.

It is clearly more organized than their first album. Apparently they actually had a set plan for this one as opposed to the first one where they just tried to make the most hardcore album imaginable. I can't decide which album I prefer.

Grey Britain has a lot of stand out tracks; London is the Reason, Black eyes, I Dread the Night, Misery and the Vulture are my favorites.

I like how they experimented with some softer stuff on this album like the piano in the opening of Misery, the acoustic part in the Vulture and the violin/piano work at the end of Crucifucks which gives the album a nice outro.

It's actually a very good album.

Did you get the 18 rated release of Grey Britain, or just the regular one?

Chase This Light - Jimmy Eat World
I'd already listened to it a while ago, so I already knew I liked it. I'd never heard the two bonus tracks that I got on it though, so they were a nice surprise and probably two of my favourite tracks on the album. :wacky:

12011h.jpg

Finally got this one. Such an energetic little thing. Definitely worth getting if you like hair metal :p

Still, the contrast of the likes of Spectre General and Weird Al on the same album may leave a few people confused.

Last edited:
I just bought the Anastasia soundtrack from the cartoon movie.

The soundtrack for this movie is brilliant!

Every song is simply gorgeous and I just had to have a copy for myself. <3

Apparently it's been discontinued and no where I looked in the shops near me had it and no one on ebay in Australia had it, so I had to order it from the US.

Can't wait to finally have it in my hands. <3

AnastasiaSoundtrack.jpg

I just bought Britney's - Blackout album.

I reckon it's the best one out of all of her albums.

I'm surprised it wasn't promoted as much as her others. It's simply fantastic! Every song is just pumped up and a bit different to her usual stuff.

Great album!

Gimme More and Piece of me is fantastic. <3

Crazy on the Weekend - Sunhouse

This took me a while to get hold of. But it was worth it, it's one of the best albums I've heard. It's a melancholy folk album, a bit like Nick Drake or Elliott Smith, but instead of having one person you have a whole band, so it's a different kind of sound. It's fantastic.

The Gaslight Anthem - American Slang

So fantastic that record, not a single filler, just ten little masterpieces.
It does fall a little short in comparison to the '59 Sound, but I guess ist's the lack of surprise effect, this time we knew what was coming our way ^^

Noise by Chris Hendricks.

I downloaded this, but he deserves to have it bought, it's great music after all. :hmmm: I just might to be honest.

This guy is insane. He's such a great songwriter if he does write his own songs. I don't know much about him, as he's not famous. I think he's one of those starters on MySpace, getting into the music industry on his own. I hope he gets in, he's insanely great. He has a good variety of music, sad songs, up beat songs, but most of all just mind blowing realistic songs.

So yeah, the album has 6 songs I think. :hmmm:

01. Crazy
This song's just... The best on this album, along with Bring on the Rain, and it shares a soft spot with Affliction. The lyrics are just great, and his voice is best in this one. Amazing song.

02. As Long As You Live
The lyrics are amazing. It sounds so carefree, and the music flows amazingly well with his voice, which is amazing, so that's a really great combination. Sometimes you have tunes that don't really suit the voice, but this guy has it nailed.

03. Bring On The Rain
I love rain. :gasp: The melody in this one, as cheesy as it might sound, is just great for listening to when staring at the rain. :lew: The lyrics are so great, and the chorus blew my mind... Probably my 2nd favourite on the list, though it kinda shares first place...

04. Noise
Great song, I think this song has a little touch of R&B mixed in to it, I wouldn't really call it that, but he's got the fast talking, and rhyming down in the versus. The pre-chorus, and chorus are great. :D The lyrics are awesome. This is probably number three in my top three favourites off this album.

05. Anthem
This song had to kinda grow on me. I'm still not sure if I actually like it, I tend to skip it after hearing the half of it, I think it's a bit too cheery sometimes. xD Another great one though, once again, it just sounds carefree, but I kinda enjoy hearing it once, instead of putting the rest of the list on repeat, as I tend to do.

06. Affliction
This song is really beautiful. Such sad guitar music in it. =/ The lyrics are really touching, and I just think his voice adapts so well, from carefree, to rapping it up, to sounding so vulnerable and touching. I think it's an amazing song...

Great artist.

Last edited:
Scream - Ozzy Osbourne

His second-to-final album, which I guess in a way is a little sad, considering I have all of his other studio albums (Blizzard of Ozz, Diary of a Madman, Bark at the Moon, The Ultimate Sin, No Rest for the Wicked, No More Tears, Ozzmosis, Down to Earth, Under Cover, Black Rain, and now Scream).

Not a bad album overall...a step up from Black Rain IMO, though his last all-around-awesome album was No More Tears.

I just bought Eminems Recovery. Eminem and Lupe Fiasco are the only artists i support. Amazing Album, been an eminem fan for about 9 yrs now.

Time Flies... 1994 - 2009 - Oasis
I bought the 4 disc edition with their last live performance and collection of their videos, and it's well worth the £15 I paid. The singles are obviously fantastic. The live gig wasn't quite their best, but still great, and their videos are brilliant.

Muse - The Resistance.
I downloaded this two days before it was released, which should give you an idea of how much music I actually listen to.
Best album of the year, easily, but definitely not Muses best album. Kinda disappointed by a few of the songs, but overall it's enjoyable enough.

Kent - En Plats I Solen

One of the most popular Swedish bands and they just released a new CD so I just had to pick it up. A different feel from the other albums, but it's a nice change in direction. Their Synthrock is somewhat one of a kind at times and this album definately shows that.

8/10

A whole collection of Two steps from hell. I looked on the Internet to see what artist could have made the new Harry potter trailer music and then I stumbled on this group. Checked out some songs and decided to download it all.
Some albums suck because it's only horror music but some albums (Dynasty, Legend and Nemesis) are amazing. Some songs give me goosebumps.
I rate it an 8.5

BlackandWhiteTM.png

Black and White by The Maine

I only downloaded this album so far. Mainly 'cause it's not in stores yet. They released the album the 13th of July, but for some reason, Europe is being retarded, so, like the first album, Jeff will pick this up for me. xD So The Maine can consider it bought. :ryan: Love this bands, and their songs are great. I was waiting for this album for a while, they teased way too much with the great snippets of songs. Was worth the wait though.

1. Don't Stop Now
The carefree spirit that The Maine usually has is definitely there.
I like how the song picks up the pace. The lyrics are great.
Really just one of those 'All yours, and that's all that matters to me'
deal kind of songs. Awesome one, though not on the favourite list. xD

2. Right Girl
My first favourite off the album. It's a fucking great song.
The lyrics, the melody, the vocals.
It's just one of those songs that really "fall in to place".
Where everything just feels right about it. The lyrics are my favourite.
Though I guess without the music, this song wouldn't have been
'that song'. =)

3. Growing Up
Just as the song says. It's about growing up and how it won't/shouldn't
bring you down. =]
Reminiscing all the things you did, the choices you made,
and all the memories you're left with. It's just a good song.
Not lacking anything, in my opinion.

4. Fuel To The Fire
This song is so damn catchy! Really all I can say about it, is that it's a great song to
blast when you're driving your car, skates, or just anything on a decent speed. :wacky: That sounds so wrong. :lew:

5. Inside Of You
One out of my top Four favourites. This song can be taken in so many ways.
(No pun intended) It's a great song, the lyrics are awesome too.
Sounds really upbeat and it's just another amazing song that makes
this album more than worth it.

6. Every Road
A bit more slowed down song. A nice turn on the album, still energetic and
optimistic though, which I like about The Maine.
It's just a song you can sit back to and listen to, relaxing. =) Great song.

7. Listen To Your Heart
Fun song. Definitely another nice one on the album.
At first I wasn't too keen on it, but in all honesty, all the songs
that had me in doubt grew on me majorly after hearing them completely.
Not one song on the album that I don't like.

8. Saving Grace
This is the best song on the whole album.
Along with Right Girl, this song is just friggin' amazing!
The lyrics in this one are something I haven't heard in a while.
It's been played most and it's on repeat more than it should be.
It's nearly catching up to my most played songs all time.
And this album only came out a few days ago. :wacky:
You probably understand what that says. FAVOURITE. ;]

9. Give It To Me
:wacky: Kinda like Fuel To The Fire, this is another catchy one.
Specially the chorus. The lyrics are playful, and the melody suits it perfectly.
Just great song, and the echo-ing sounds really fun to. xD

10. Color
That ends my top four favourites.
This song is amazing. Not only the name :-)ohoho:) but the whole song
is so care-free and upbeat. Really one of those songs that would lift your spirit if you
felt down or something.

All in all great. fucking. album.
Ps. Tl;dr - well fuck you too. :hmph:
My arm feels all cramped now. =(
9.8/10

Good music = ♥

hmmm it's been awhile, cense I haven't been buying any music cuz im planing a trip to Amoeba..... hmmmmm I think it was

Sabbath Bloody Sabbath
by Black Sabbath

Album Title: Hydra (by Satariel)

Comments: It's all really good. The instrumentation sounds pretty sick, and the vocalist has a nice pair of lungs, with both Harsh and Clean vocals. It could do with a bit more of the clean vocals though. Highlights of the album are Claw the Clouds, Scattering the Timeweb and The Springrise.

Rating: Uh, 4.2/5?

Edit: Why is the post yellow? I didn't change the colour @_@

I bought two albums just today and they're both fantastic in my eyes.

Ke$ha - Animal

Ever since hearing Take It Off just recently, I wanted to buy this album. Thankfully, I got this at a bargain with two albums for £10 at HMV. I knew that I liked Tik Tok, Blah Blah Blah, Your Love is My Drug and Take It Off, but I have to say that I'm majorly pleased with how the album sounds. Songs such as Hangover and Stephen are brilliant, though it would be nice to see them as singles at the same time. I like how Ke$ha shows her vulnerable side on one or two songs since you wouldn't expect if from her. Probably one of the best albums I've bought in ages.

9/10

Pixie Lott - Turn It Up

I was unsure which album to get in the bargain and there weren't too many to choose from that I even liked. So I went with Pixiemania in the end. I'll admit that it's a brilliant effort for a debut album, but I couldn't help feeling a bit more effort could've been there. Still, can't blame her since she's only nineteen years old. I did like it on a good level. The girl can definitely sing. It's lovely to see she can do fun and emotional songs at the same time, which can sometimes be rare in any album I buy. I surprisingly liked the song Band Aid. I was not expecting anything like that.

8/10

Back