[V2] Last album you bought/downloaded?

Tim Wilson - Mr. Wilson Teaches America

he's a funny country comedian that mixes stand-up with funny songs. so far its pretty good but i think im the only person i know that likes him

This is the One - Utada Hikaru

This English album is much better than her first and certainly less narmy

Mod's Edit: Can you please expand on your post? Posts such as these can be classfied as spam in a post count section and can be deleted next time. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Student loan came through on Monday, so I was straight off down to HMV.

Scissor Sisters - Scissor Sisters
Partly because it was 2 for £10, but also because I do really like them. The first four songs are really, really good. I've had Laura stuck in my head for about three months now.

Vampire Weekend - Vampire Weekend
The other half of my 2 for £10. I've only recently got properly listening to Vampire Weekend, and I regret it taking so long. They've got such an individual and interesting style.

Contra - Vampire Weekend
Definitely the best of the three albums I bought. It's the same style as their debut album, but generally just better songs.

Just went out yesterday and bought Year of the Black Rainbow by Coheed and Cambria. It is supposed to be the prequel to their first album, since they made their albums go tell a story.

Ironically, I love the band, but have no idea what the story they are trying to tell is.

And with the purchase of this album, it gives me the complete set for this band, unless they come out with another one.

Cheryl Cole - 3 Words

I didn't really expect much from her, but when I downloaded and listened to it through, it was quite good. There are some rubbish songs and some good ones. I really like "Make Me Cry" and "Stand Up", they're quite good. But I'm not liking, "Fight For This Love", "3 Words" or "Parachute" much...but good album.

Vampire Weekend - Vampire Weekend and Contra:

Ive only listened to the Vampire Weekend album and I love it. So cheerful, light and upbeaty. Most of my fav songs are from that album. Not listened to Contra yet.

Doves - Best Of

Mainly got for Black & White Town. Its a song from my uni days what I adore so much. Not listened to much of the album lol XD

El Patron-Tito Bambino

It is a great Spanish album. He has an American type style if that really means anything. He has four songs that are just amazing. If you like raggeaton, this is the album you should get. I really like how he makes Spanish music modern especially in the pop community.

hoover dam by hugh cornwell

a fairly decent album, definitely worth a listen if you like/d the stranglers. and interestingly its free. mr cornwell allows you to download it free of charge from his website...and yet itunes is selling it :sad3:

good stuff (y)

Swim - Caribou

It's really nice warm sounding electronica from an artist I like a lot. Sometimes woozy, sometimes sharp and upbeat, but it always fully engages you.

I believe it's called Awakening Your's, but I think that part of the title is missing. Blogspots can do that, especially with Japanese music :gonk:
Anyway, the artist, or band I should say, is called Ruvie (Although it's actually Luvie. Translation error.) and it's a visual-kei band, pretty awesome by the looks of it :hmmm: I don't tend to go with old-school v-k, I preffer indie and more modern so these guys don't look anything like Tokio Hotel :wacky:
I haven't listened to them yet but I will soon enough :hmmm:

AFI. Suppose to be really good, but I haven't had the chance to check it out. Will do so tonight, hopefully.

i bought Zac Brown Band's the Foundation and Pink Floyd's Dark Side Of the Moon yesterday. both are very good however i didn't like Dark Side as much as I like The Wall. I was surprised at how good the entire Zac Brown album was. I figured that the songs i heard on the radio were the only good ones on there but i was wrong.

I just downloaded the entire Slayer discography actually. I've been in the mood to listen to heavier music again and I figured there was no better place to start than Slayer. Personally I only wanted Diabolus In Musica, but I figured it wouldn't hurt anything to have them all. :3

In Medias Res by Krypteria.

I also picked up Slash's new album (primarily for Ozzy and Iggy Pop) but I must say after hearing all of it; Fergie needs to do more rock. She's got a great voice for it.

Romance Is Dead - Los Campesinos!
I was a big fan of their Sticking Fingers Into Sockets EP a couple of years back, and unfortunately this album is a step backwards for them. What I loved about the EP was the energy every song had, and that's something they seem to have lost, or at least don't put as much of into their songs. I've listened to it a few times and it is growing on me though, but I'm never going to like it as much as Sticking Fingers Into Sockets.

S.H.E - SHERO

Taiwanese girlband. Always been a fan of this music but their new album SHERO is possibly their best. I'm really enjoying it! It has it's fair share of soppy Chinese ballads that you cannot seem to escape being a Chinese/Taiwanese pop music fan but it also has some very lively, dancey, poppy, rocky tracks which I cannot get enough of!

American Saturday Night- Brad Paisley.

I'm a big country fan and Brad Paisley is one of the hottest (music wise) country singers. out there. He has great lyrics and sings about all the things that i can relate to. He just has a tune that gets you going, if you like country you know what i'm talking about with that tune. In general just a great bunch of songs.

Bleach beat collection

I downloaded these sweets but the new ones i cant find them anywhere to download,actually the complete set doesnt exist to gether as a set to download,the ones u cant find anywhere, u would have to listen to them on youtube.that kinda sucks.

The Oracle - Godsmack

I got this about two week ago. I thought it was pretty damn good. They said they're were going back to their "old sound" which I found funny because it doesn't sound even remotely close to their older stuff. Nevertheless, still a really good album.

I downloaded The Mamas and Papas Greatest Hits last night. It's a really good compilation of their greatest hits, plus a couple of Mama Cass solo hits - like the beautiful Dream A Little Dream Of Me. Definitely worth it, some really good songs on the album. Particularly love California Dreamin' and Dedicated To The One I Love. No filler, every track is pretty great.

Back