[V2] Last album you bought/downloaded?

I have to check out that Florence & the Machine stuff, I;ve read a lot of good things about it...

last album I got was Jubilee ~Method of Inheritance~ by Versailles. I've waited for this album for quite some time, and I am pleased that I can finally listen to it now. THe sopngs aren't as recognizable and catchy as their previous album, but it still very good. Too bad it's a download and I have to wait for quite some more time before I can by a real copy...

Last album I bought was...I think it was Volatile by A Hero A Fake. That or the Angels Of Clarity EP by Dead By April. Downloaded, I got Uncle Kracker's discography.

Rage Against The Machine - RATM
It's a fantastic album. I bought this a couple of months ago when I realised I didn't own it. It has got to be one of the best albums of the 90s. It's filled with anger and rage, but it's also a critique of society, especially American society. The fact that every member of the band is obviously talented helps a lot too, some of Tom Morello's solos are as good as someone like Jimmy Page.

I'd definitely recommend it. It's one of those albums that you can put on and easily listen to the whole thing without realising.

I downloaded it today, and I have to say it's true. Not something I would listen to every day, but pretty good music!

So, the last album I downloaded was Lungs by Florence & the Machine. :)

Since I both buy and download a stupid amount of music I'll do my last batches of both:

Bought
Album Title: Christina Aguilera, Stripped, Back to Basics, Bowie: Singles Collection, Chamber Music, Shoot From the Hip, The Real Thing, Thunder Lightning Strike, The Fame Monster, Holywood
Comments: If it wasn't for cheap second-hand shops I wouldn't be buying all a lot of this stuff as some of these albums aren't all that great but since I downloaded them I feel the need to do so.
Rating: Mixed obviously, I'd say that The Fame Monster deserves an honourable mention though as it really did surprise me at just how good it was.

Downloaded
Album Title: Oh!, A Fine Mess, Epsilon no Fune, Growing Up, Zenkyokushu, Tear It Down, So Long Scarecrow, RGB, Ragazza Di Periferia, Fever Ray
Comments: There was like twice as many as this but I don't want to go even more overboard.
Rating: Fever Ray has been getting a lot of praise recently and I can see why, the album definitely stands out from a lot of the mainstream stuff in Sweden and indeed the rest of the world right now, if anyone wanted to try and album form this list and is pretty open-minded I'd suggest this one.

The album I bought was The Fame Monster, it came with the initial first album The Fame was an EP, but I'd already downloaded the night before - and I already have The Fame. I bought it to boost her in the Album Chart, and it worked. I think she got the number one album and single.

^^ I just bought that yesterday!

My mum bought the The Fame + The Fame Monster this week, and I had been meaning to do the same for a while, so I went out and got it yesterday. >.<

I love nearly every single song on the albums which is a very rare thing. Most albums have one or two good songs and the rest are meh. >.<

Well, technically that would be CheVelle's newest album "Sci-Fi Crimes". It came out in September of 2009 and I gotta say-it's freaking AMAZING! By far one of their best albums and it is easily the best album of 2009.

But the latest album is Kings of Leon's last album. I got it for Christmas from my mum. It's a great album, the lyrics are tricky but really unique and I just love how they make their music. Notion is the best song off of it, though.

Pink - Try This

I bought it not necessarily because I loved the album, but because I do love P!NK and I want to collect all her albums.

This one only cost me $10 anyway.

I've only got 'I'm Not Dead' so far to go with it and I think there's another four albums I need get to finish off the collection. >.<'

Pink - Try This

I bought it not necessarily because I loved the album, but because I do love P!NK and I want to collect all her albums.

This one only cost me $10 anyway.

I've only got 'I'm Not Dead' so far to go with it and I think there's another four albums I need get to finish off the collection. >.<'

M!ssundaztood is definitely worth the money. I have it myself, perfect album that. :D

---

Coming the 19th, You Me At Six's new Album will be hitting the dutch stores. Huzzah!!! I'm so excited. I'm gonna buy it, and eat it. :ryan:

last album I've bought was... A single, Paramore's Brick by Boring Brick.

Great song. Love it. :D

Fozzy - Chasing The Grail.

I have listened to it a few times now, and it is definately their best album so far. You know it is a good album when you are hard pressed to find a favourite song from the album - it could be one of about five tracks. Highly recommended for all metal fans!

Leona Lewis- Echo.

I heard the FFXIII theme song and it sounded pretty good so I decided to check out her album.

More Than This by Trading Yesterday.

It's a great album, and I could definitely recommend it to anyone who's into the more laid back alternative rock. It's such a cool album, and all the songs are definitely amazing on it.

9/10 hands down.

I downloaded this one, but as soon as I get around my online banking, I'm shipping it over. Good albums deserve to be bought. :ryan:

Glee - The Music

Seeing as I have fallen in LOVE with the series, I thought it would be a good idea. BOY WAS I RIGHT!

The songs are all covers, obviously, but most of them are amazing.
Love this album and think i'll be listening to it for a while.

10/10

Angel of Babylon and The Wicked Symphony, both by Avantasia.

These aren't supposed to be out until the 3rd of April, but someone leaked them. I love Avantasia, they're a compilation of some of my favourite singers, and the story behind the songs is always fairly interesting. The Metal Opera was absolutely awesome, and the Scarecrow Saga has been impressive thus far. I might look up some of the singers who feature as well, since I'm not familiar with them...

Shadows Between the Sky by Buckethead

This CD is like his last CD, The Real Diamond in the Rough, which was all lighter toned stuff done with clean guitar. It is a very good CD, I'm lovin' it! I wish Buckethead would stick with this stuff for the next few CD's.

10/10

Leona Lewis - Echo

Definitely worth the £9.85 I spent at Tesco yesterday. It's a definite step up from Spirit and she's gone for a more upbeat type of album second time round. They're all good songs, but I pin my favourite to between Happy, I Got You, Outta My Head or Stop Crying Your Heart Out. I'm so glad my mum got me tickets to see her in concert in June. More excited to see her now! I'd recommend this to anyone not quite sure whether to buy/download it or not.

10/10

Leona Lewis - Echo

I bought this one too. Echo is a good album, it's really good and Leona is a great singer, (whether people agree or not, there is talent). She is one of the best things to actually come out of the X Factor, and I always forget she was in it, and just see her as an ordinary singer now. Whoop. Team Leona.

10/10

Back