[V2] Last album you bought/downloaded?

There have been a few that I bought or downloaded over the past several months....

The new album from Pythia, "Shadows Of A Broken Past"
The new album from Delain, "The Human Contradiction"
The new album from EPICA, "The Quantum Enigma"
The new album from Emigrate, "Silent So Long"

The Helloween albums, "Keeper of the Seven Keys, Pt. 1" & " Keeper of the Seven Keys, Pt. 2"
The Delain albums, "Lucidity", "April Rain" & "We Are The Others"

Those are what I added into my iPod.

Last few albums I bought were all Matt & Kim albums I snagged them for cheap before I left the concert a few nights ago. The albums were Grand, Lightning and Sidewalks.
They're my favorite band and I didn't own anything physical so I figured it was time.

The last album I bought on iTunes was Push the Sky Away by Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds and the last CD album, which I bought a little while ago now, was Fire Within by Birdy.

I'm listening to Push the Sky Away quite a bit, mostly when playing FFXIV online (interesting combo that :wacky:, needless to say I have the in-game music switched off). The album is a mixture of haunting, strange and even some downright uncomfortable songs, but having said that it's very consistent in pace and tone; so there's no awkward song there that completely kills the mood.

Fire Within is a nice album but for some reason I'll rarely listen through it all, preferring to pick out a few songs here and there and then move on to something else. Having said that, Wings and Words As Weapons are two songs which really stick out to me.

The last album I purchased was the new Volbeat album called 'Seal the Deal and lets boogie' and truthfully I fucking regret I pre-ordered it. I LOVE their stuff so I figured I'd love this album and the singles they released were really good.
Then I listened to the album and quit on track 9. I couldn't finish it. They're nothing but mainstream sellouts with this latest album. They completely abandoned what made them epic and gained them their following of fans. If this is the direction this band is going, well, I'm done with them.

Back