Dirge of Cerberus Secret Ending

Ronso Elder

Genesis Copy
Gil
I just got the secret ending for Dirge of Cerberus, and I was just wondering who else did and what they feel about it

Does DoC need as sequel to deal with the resurrected Genesis? or should it end where it is

Please give any thoughts you have

Personally I believe it should not be a Dirge Of Cerberus sequal but another game in its own. Vincent had his glory, next should rise the glory of yet another character. Perhaps Reeve begins to do things on his own, and becomes a new man with an old personality. I honestly would like to see them bring out the old Cid Highwind, as he was a likeable and interesting character in my opinion.

i think a sequel in the series itself would be good, but with a new approach. perhaps a kingdom hearts style approach where you can play as one main character and have two others back you up, except where you dont HAVE to always play as cloud. i think it'd be great to be able to switch out my part a little more

I don't want to be the cynical one here, but I feel that SE should lay the Compilation to rest. As much as I love Final Fantasy VII, Cloud, Barret, Tifa, Red XIII and the whole gang- I feel the FFVII universe has been milked enough now. SE should focus more on new stories.

As for the secret ending- I don't think Genesis is trying to cause anymore destruction. He had his glory in Crisis Core. Genesis owes the Goddess after what happened in Crisis Core, so I believe that if he wants to please the Goddess so much, he would be defending the Planet and not destroy it like his ex-chum Sephiroth.

he would be defending the Planet and not destroy it like his ex-chum Sephiroth.

This isn't just a good theory, it's confirmed by the creators. This is from the Crisis Core Ultimania Scenario Q&A section:

Q6-3: After Genesis is collected in the ShinRa helicopter you can see a sheet of paper saying “To become the dew that quenches the land; to spare the skies, the seas to sands; I shall become an unspoken offering.” Is this phrase from the lost final chapter of LOVELESS?
A6-3: The final chapter of LOVELESS is missing, and nothing official exists in the world of FFVII. Experts study it, and there are currently various theories about it. The phrase you mentioned is the final chapter of LOVELESS as Genesis conceived it, and reflects Genesis’ state of mind.
By being defeated by Zack, Genesis is able to regain the pride he had as a SOLDIER, and with Sephiroth and Angeal now dead, he decided that it is up to him, who has being left behind, to protect the world. And so, in order to prepare for the day when a crisis threatens the world, Genesis seals himself in the flooded chamber on his own volition. This is the true meaning of Genesis’ version of the phrase from the final chapter of LOVELESS, and at the same time the true meaning of the secret movie in DC (see A7-3).

So apparently there is a new threat to the planet of sorts, and Genesis sees himself as the protector of the planet and the man chosen to fight this threat.

But if you say that Genesis is to be the next protecter of the planet, then why does he state to Weiss: "We have much work to do, Brother" Weiss tried to destroy the planet and Genesis flys of with him

As said before a sequel would be nice but with a different character. And no on the kingdom hearts idea... i like how DoC just focuses on one character.

Here's my idea

You know it would be great if a sequel came out where Genesis was the main character and they bring in a new cast. A whole new game with new characters and the FF7 world. It would be cool to see what Genesis woke up for, some threat, and to see later in the game Cloud standing up to Genesis on some reasons. A face off would be cool. Bring back world maps! Bring out materia! Good game.

I kinda hope that they wrap up the story with Genisis, I've been curious for a while now. And yeah, I know that SE has pretty much have gotten everything they could have out of ff7, but I really want to know. After (hopefully) the next game, they should end it.

I think the secret ending is telling us that the Compilation is not complete yet. Genesis said it himself :D "Our work is not done yet" I have no idea what the next game could entail, but I am eagerly awaiting anything ^_^ Something with Cloud at least :thehell:

I don't want to be the cynical one here, but I feel that SE should lay the Compilation to rest. As much as I love Final Fantasy VII, Cloud, Barret, Tifa, Red XIII and the whole gang- I feel the FFVII universe has been milked enough now. SE should focus more on new stories.

Agreed with Olivia. I love FFVII but if they keep this up, then they're going to ruin the FFVII story.

I was a little confused with the secret ending. Are they supposed to be Genesis' brothers?

Agreed with Olivia. I love FFVII but if they keep this up, then they're going to ruin the FFVII story.

I was a little confused with the secret ending. Are they supposed to be Genesis' brothers?

Deepround were created from his spliced genes, so in essence they are his brothers. They consider him as such. And Genesis never died to begin with. He was denied return to the life stream by Minerva and never died in Crisis Core.

well i feel as tho they cant end the compilation now (even tho they shouldnt hav made it in the first place, although i do luv crisis core)
the secret ending was too much of a cliff hanger. the next game whenever it comes out hopefully on the ps3 will be the finale and then the remake of VII.

Next game should really be the end of the compilation and as far as I know, the VII remake on the PS3 is confirmed.

You should not sprout such false info. I nearly flew into the computert monitor to properly read the words :hmph:

I am not sure that a FFVII remake for the PS3 will ever come and if it does, not now I am sure. I really do want a remake, though. If you had proof in the form of a link, I would be eternally grateful :grin:

Guys, there is an FF VII remake thread here.

Please do not derail the thread with talk of an FF VII remake. Any further off-topic posts will be deleted.

Back