The Retreat: An 'In Character' Chit Chat Thread

As Crimson Wolf enters The Retreat, none to his surprise it is filled with people, unlike himself. Unsure of how they would react to his furry appearance, he didn't bring conversation to the others, in case whom he approaches gets set back very much by it.

He casually walked over to one of the large couches, and sat down at the near end of it, while being careful not to sit on his tail, which he now has to the side, across the arm rest, so it doesn't take up the seat to the other side of him.

Noticing a woman with black hair, tied in a ponytail by a white ribbon, staring at a picture with her attention undivided, he wondered as to what she found so interesting about that picture on wall, but he continued to just relax on the couch, and listened in on some of the conversations currently going on, not knowing if or who might approach him to converse.

Julias Herenias had been nearby the retreat and he decided to enter after seeing a wolf like man enter. Upon entering he saw many people there. It seemed like a peacful place, so he let his bow and other arrows he had left sit as they were on his back. He aproached were the wolf man had gone and sat nearby, but not directly next to and as a formality, he pulled his gauntlets off and set them next to him. It was time to relax

Crimson Wolf noticed how he walked right by him, and didn't react intimidated despite the fact he is a Werewolf, and he appeared to be a man of religion, with a cross on the arm of his clothes.

The man had thick, sturdy steel gauntlets, and proceeded to seat himself on the same couch, two seats apart, then removing his gauntlets and placing them on the seat on the couch between himself and the Werewolf, as I sign of good faith that he felt safe in his presence.

Reluctant to begin to converse with anyone, this person seemed different from the others. While they stayed a distance away, keeping themselves occupied either just at the bar, or gabbing away at each other, when the person dressed in black entered in, he didn't go to the bar, or join into an ongoing chat, but, like himself, he went straight to that same couch, and just...relaxed.

After remaining silent for a couple minutes longer at this point, he decided that this person seems like they wouldn't be bothered by being spoken with pretty much no matter who it is, so long as it isn't concerning a matter of a sinister topic coming from some evil doer, whom Crimson Wolf knows very well he himself is not one of them.

"Didn't expect anybody to approach this couch, glad not everyone has avoided me." he said, in his slightly rough speaking voice. The words were clear enough and understandable though.

"The name's Crimson Wolf. You may call me Crimson, Wolf, or Crimson Wolf, makes no difference to me, it's just good to feel free to speak to someone. Most people simply see me as a threat on sight, makes life difficult at times, but they live, I live, life goes on. If you don't mind my asking, what is your name?"

Fter a moment of sitting, Julias heard the Wolf-man next to him speak. The words were spoken slightly roughly. A kind of voice Julias knew well. "Didn't expect anybody to approach this couch, glad not everyone has avoided me." At those words, Julias nodded and made a friendly smile. The wolf went on to speak more words. "The name's Crimson Wolf. You may call me Crimson, Wolf, or Crimson Wolf, makes no difference to me, it's just good to feel free to speak to someone. Most people simply see me as a threat on sight, makes life difficult at times, but they live, I live, life goes on. If you don't mind my asking, what is your name?"

"My name is Julias Herenias, But you may call me Judas if you wish. I chose not to avoid you because you seemed secluded yourself from the others, and if you were an evil-doer, you would have probably tried something by now." Julias took a pause and spoke again. "I am a Khai priest, a Seraph at that. I expect you know not of my religion. What is it you do for a living?"<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Without any hesitation, the man replied to his words. "My name is Julias Herenias, But you may call me Judas if you wish. I chose not to avoid you because you seemed secluded yourself from the others, and if you were an evil-doer, you would have probably tried something by now." he said.

He had a brief pause, then continued on to say "I am a Khai priest, a Seraph at that. I expect you know not of my religion. What is it you do for a living?"

At first, Crimson Wolf was unsure how to answer this question, but he tried to answer as best as he could. "Well, as you can see my limbs are more like that of a Wolf's than that of a person's, like yourself, so I do have a great deal of difficulty getting a good grip of objects..." he said, lowering his head slightly, thinking about how limiting this is, as he does often.

"After I had been studying the behavior of the human race for quite some time, and although I have come across these buildings called Churches, some with people dressed not much different than yourself, I do not know specific details of these various religions." he continued, and finally got to more specifically answer that last question he had asked.

"I'm not accepted by the majority of mankind, so I couldn't do something for a living for that reason alone, not to mention being unable to interact with most things with these paws. I live outside of towns and cities, travelling around from the different places from time to time, and I live off of natural, edible things that grow in forests, such as mushrooms, it's not very filling, and sometimes I go some time without coming across any water to drink, so I get thirsty oft times." he explained, added "Sorry, I don't normally talk very much, I hope I haven't spoke too much and bored you to no end, guess I just kept my mouth shut for too long." there was a trace of a grin on his face after he said this.

Last edited:
"Sorry, I don't normally talk very much, I hope I haven't spoke too much and bored you to no end, guess I just kept my mouth shut for too long."

Judas closed his eyes gently and responded, "It is no worry really, I'm usually the one speaking on the altar. It's nice to be able to do the listening now and again." Julias paused and his mouthed opened as he began to speak, but he needed to find his words. "I am a skilled weapon maker, I could probably make something for you. Something like a cuff that requires no hands, but I could make no more that blades to act as gauntlets. I would not charge,a s it is clear from what you have said to me that you do not have money." Julias was secretly interpreting the wolf to get an idea of the personality and nature of him. There were glimpses of sarrowful expressions and grins at the same time, so he knew he would not harm Julias. "Consider it a gift from the Khai chruch." Opening his eyes and peacfully glancing witha commical expression on his face, he continued to say, "I'm far to charitable sometimes."

"I am a skilled weapon maker, I could probably make something for you. Something like a cuff that requires no hands, but I could make no more that blades to act as gauntlets. I would not charge, as it is clear from what you have said to me that you do not have money."

Yes, he indeed doesn't carry any money on him. He was surprised by his offer to make a weapon just for him, he didn't want to turn it down, but he wasn't sure how well he'd really be able to use one, even if he could wield it.

Julias continued on to say "Consider it a gift from the Khai church." then, with a comical expression on his face, finished by saying "I'm far to charitable sometimes."

With this, Crimson Wolf came to his decision about his offer. "So you would do this for me, getting nothing more than my thanks in return?" he said, "In this case it'd be wrong of me to say no. Still, even if I do have a weapon I could wield, I'm not sure if I would be able to use it effectively."

"In this case it'd be wrong of me to say no. Still, even if I do have a weapon I could wield, I'm not sure if I would be able to use it effectively."

"It isnt entirely wrong to turn it down. Your are a good Melee fighter as it is, correct? The transition to weaponry could be very difficult, but also completely understandable..." Starting to relax fully, he leaned back and crossed his legs. "Feel free to get yourslef a drink, its on me."

"It isnt entirely wrong to turn it down. Your are a good Melee fighter as it is, correct? The transition to weaponry could be very difficult, but also completely understandable..."

After he said this, Crimson Wolf still didn't feel right about saying no. Julias proceeded to lean back and shifted to a more relaxed position, with his legs crossed, then said "Feel free to get yourself a drink, its on me."

He had an embarrassed look on his face. "I can't pick up the glass to be able to have a drink from it..." he replied, "But perhaps if you get a good opportunity to make a weapon, I could see how it feels to use, but if it is an inconvenience, no need to go out of your way for it."

"I can't pick up the glass to be able to have a drink from it..." he replied, "But perhaps if you get a good opportunity to make a weapon, I could see how it feels to use, but if it is an inconvenience, no need to go out of your way for it."

"Ah, right, I forgot about that. You probably get that a lot." Julias was quite embarrassed from this mistake he made. But he proceeded to speak. "We'll see when I get an open bit of time. Right now though I just came to relax." Julias was just a kind man, who took any oppurtunity he could to help someone for charity, human or not.

"Ah, right, I forgot about that. You probably get that a lot." Crimson Wolf had somewhat of a funny expression on his face after he heard him say 'You probably get that a lot.', but then Julias continued to say "We'll see when I get an open bit of time. Right now though I just came to relax."

At this moment Crimson Wolf felt like he had been interupting him from relaxing. "I apologize for keeping you from just relaxing." he said. He would soon go to relaxing some too, but he wanted to answer the couple of the things Julias said to him.

"Don't feel rushed about the weapon, there's certainly no hurry on it." He then said a little something about himself. "Julias, or Judas, whichever you prefer to be called...about the drink, I don't get offered ne as much as I'd like, not for the drink, but for the act of kindness on the person's side of it, because almost anyone that sees me thinks I am a Werewolf when they see my appearance, but I am not..."

He finished this saying "I am of a not very well known race of human-like Wolves called Ferfnir. I have not met anyone that has ever heard of them, so from past experience I assume you are no exception to this, in which case I could tell you a bit about it, or if you wish to go from this conversation to relaxing, that is fine too. Again, sorry for taking up your free time for relaxing."

As Sanjia Tiamatsu approached this place, he could feel the chill all over him. He decided to go inside just so he could escape the cold, if only for a few minutes. As he walks through the door, he notices that the place is packed with all different kinds of people. He is not really surprised, as this is a public place and a good place to escape from a storm of any sorts.

He decides to sit at the bar and orders a drink. When he sits down, he pulls his hood down and takes his gauntlets off. He looks around, but fails to see anyone he recognizes. As he takes his drink, he begins to relax a little, trying not to be too careless. He notices two people sitting on a couch having a conversation and thinks about joining them, but reconsiders. Right now, he is looking to unwind before setting back out on his journey.

"I am of a not very well known race of human-like Wolves called Ferfnir. I have not met anyone that has ever heard of them, so from past experience I assume you are no exception to this, in which case I could tell you a bit about it, or if you wish to go from this conversation to relaxing, that is fine too. Again, sorry for taking up your free time for relaxing."

"Hahahaha, you seem slightly paranoid of bothering me. Trust me it is fine. Also, Both are fine, but most call me Judas." Someone walked in and Julias noticed this, but did not mind him at all. He simply continued talking. "Hm, I am a kind man, but it was obvious you were no harm. I tend to analyze things too deeply. First sign was the fact that you chose to walk into a place with very skilled warriors, all of different styles, and that is dangerous for evil doers. Second sign was the moon and your look. The moon is not full tonight." Leaning back he continued with his eyes closed, "Plus... not many analyze like they used to. And you are correct, I know not of your species. Do tell if you wish."

"Hahahaha, you seem slightly paranoid of bothering me. Trust me it is fine. Also, Both are fine, but most call me Judas." Judas it is then Crimson Wolf thought to himself.

Judas continued to say
"Hm, I am a kind man, but it was obvious you were no harm. I tend to analyze things too deeply. First sign was the fact that you chose to walk into a place with very skilled warriors, all of different styles, and that is dangerous for evil doers. Second sign was the moon and your look. The moon is not full tonight."

Crimson Wolf was not really surprised to hear him say this, because of his appearance. Judas added "Plus... not many analyze like they used to. And you are correct, I know not of your species. Do tell if you wish."

"Well, I guess my being paranoid of bothering you is the result of a lot of people being pretty impatient with me at times, I am usually pretty conscious of trying to make a point of not bothering somebody too much as not to irritate them." Crimson Wolf said, in response to what he first said.

"It is to be expected for one to think a full moon may have some effect on my behavior, but it doesn't really effect me, I just admire the moon, and the stars in the night sky." he said in response to Judas's comment about noticing the moon was not full tonight. He would now proceed to tell him a bit about the race he is of.

"The Ferfnir are, as I mentioned before, are a race of humanoid Wolves, usually standing on two legs, though they have the ability to shape shift from this human-like shape to Wolf shape freely, also having the strength of a Wolf, and the intelligence of a human.

Well, overall capabilities are quite higher than that of a regular Wolf, it's more like the strengths of a Wolf and a Human, combined. Ferfnir generally prefer to be in human shape, like myself, but are very comfortable in Wolf shape too, as it also feels perfectly natural to them."

"Well, if your more comfortable in that state, then be in it hahaha. Someday maybe your race will be noticed, you never know. Just be weary of how people are. You probably already know of this, so I won't go into detail." Judas propped his arms behind his head. "But remember, you never know!"

"Well, if your more comfortable in that state, then be in it hahaha. Someday maybe your race will be noticed, you never know. Just be weary of how people are. You probably already know of this, so I won't go into detail."

At this, Crimson Wolf nodded his head in agreement. Judas added "But remember, you never know!"

After hearing this, he admitted "To be honest, other than my parents while I was still very young, I myself have never seen another of my species, I assume the population of them is very, very low.

As for people in general, I find the human race to be rather unpredictable, they can be difficult to understand at times."

When Julias heard that not even he had seen any of his kind, this made him curious. "I wonder why that is. Maybe, due to appearance, they were shunned and hated. This could lead to genocide. I certainly am not educated on such topics, as I never was interested. But I'm sure someday you will see another, if not, ascend to the gods and they will grant you something good in return." Judas then paused to realize what he was saying. "I'm sorry, religious talk."

"I wonder why that is. Maybe, due to appearance, they were shunned and hated. This could lead to genocide. I certainly am not educated on such topics, as I never was interested. But I'm sure someday you will see another, if not, ascend to the gods and they will grant you something good in return."

Crimson Wolf actually agrees with his thoughts on it, though he knows how two Ferfnir got killed...he pondered whether he would mention it or not. Judas, after a moment, added "I'm sorry, religious talk."

But his words didn't bother him at all. "Don't apologize, I don't mind, it's nice to see a person of good faith that hasn't been corrupted by all the twisted people that have caused bad things to happen to others, who were good. Innocent..." he replied.

After saying this, he remained silent for a minute, he slowly started to become slightly more emotional, though silently, lowering his head a bit, closing his eyes, then remembering from when he was very young, the most traumatic moment he ever experienced, it was even still very vivid in his mind.

Once he came out of it, he opened his eyes, and there was clearly a tear in each of his eyes. "I was just...thinking of something that happened in the past, pay it no mind." He said, wondering if Judas would ask about it, seeing how he had acted before he spoke these words.

Noticing the pause, Julias opened his eyes and glanced over. He saw Crimson looking down in a saddened manner. At this Julias didn't know how to react. He looked and looked away and wanted to say something, but he knew he didn't know Crimson long enough to know what to say. When Crimson peered up and said, "I was just...thinking of something that happened in the past, pay it no mind." Julias Figured it best to Say something at that point. "Well, while I do wonder what it is, you have your privacy and rights not to say. Just don't lurk in the past or you end up like the several our church takes in..."

"Well, while I do wonder what it is, you have your privacy and rights not to say. Just don't lurk in the past or you end up like the several our church takes in..."

Crimson got the feeling Judas thought he would give in to his past, but the very thing he think of is just one thing that drives him to prevent things like he had experienced from ever happening again.

"Judas, though I don't think now is the time to say what was on my mind, I assure you that the events that occurred in my past drive me to prevent others ever having to go through the same past I did.

I am pretty sure that after we know each other better, I will probably feel comfortable enough to speak of my past a bit, as you already seem to be a very kind person, I find that it would be cruel to keep these thoughts from you forever, it's just too soon now, these are just first impressions, we've just met, after all." he said, by this time the tears had gone from his eyes, and he had recollected himself and proceeded to lean back to relax.

"Sometimes when things are quiet and calm, and I am not too occupied by anything in particular or some words spoken remind me of my past, I can't help but reflect upon it, but it never gets in the way of me getting whatever needs to be done, done." he added.

Back