Does anyone like Crystal Chronicles?

I liked playing the co-op you just have to make sure your playing with someone thats not lazy and selfish though, or you guys will be arguing on whos holding the chalice a big problem i had. But i think it was fun as long as you had some one who cooperated with you. Story line sucked in my opinion.

I did not like this game. It seemed to be quite different from the Final Fantasy I knew and loved. The story was very bland and the battle system was annoying. I never got to play multi-player, but that may have been the only thing going for the game. The spells and weapons were boring as well.

I've played the CC before however, I can't seem to wrap my finger around the game it just wasn't a great game IMO. I wasn't very thrilled and I got bored of it easily so I stopped playing. =/ The game as a whole was like :ffs: The story was bleh the B.S. was bleh it just wasnt my game.

I've never played any of them. The only reason is when I read the back of the cases in the game shops it just sounds like one of those games that the companies release to make money off the title.

It's the same reason I avoid film based games. I won't buy Lord of the Rings of Pirates of the carribean games because I assume they made a game cheaply and know it will sell just because of the title.

I could be wrong but thats just how I see the crystal chronicals series.

It's not all that bad to me, but it did get old after the second or third year of doing the same "Run around, kill repetitive easy monsters, beat boss".

Honestly, if I really want that kind of real-time gameplay, I'd go play a beat-em-up. And if I want a real-time RPG, I'd play Kingdom Hearts or the newer Phantasy Star games.

The DS CC (at least Echoes of Time) does also seem really bland and uninspiring, even with making a custom single-player party. And that's mainly because the AI, outside of combat, runs like a chicken with its head cut off, not knowing how it's supposed to follow me.

It was often frustrating for me as I kept not knowing where to go next. The character's appearance also seems to be rather crap.

I enjoyed crystal bearers but the other games in the series have yet to do anything to grab my attention. Their stories and game play seem to be lacking either in one or the other or one so completely that you always feel like your only playing half a game. Basically the whole time you play your like... something doesn't feel right. Bearers so far was the only one to live up to the final fantasy name and it barely makes the cut for that.

I hope im not the only one who found it hard.
The game to me seemed like it was made for co-op which was kinda annoying.
It also had a kiddish cute feeling when you played it and it was also kinda addictive to play, its a shame i never finished it, in fact i might start a new game on it...

The only CC game i've played was ring of fates, which i hated. I wanted it to be more like FF but it really was'nt and I just hated the gameplay. The plot seemed to be extremaly bland and just overall I did'nt like it.

I have the original one for Gamecube and it was fun playing co-op (although a pain in the butt to get multiple GBAs). The story was pretty non-existent except to find the creature causing Miasma. The graphics were beautiful, though, and it was fun. Not perfect, but fun.

.........I could not put my hands around that game at all. The CC was just awful imho :ffs:

CC felt more like a child-played games =/ it just wasn't my cup of tea. I feel as though games like that aren't really meant for handheld. More like kirby or pokemon. I dunno i wasn't into it at all.

I've played them all but I only really liked Echoes of Time and the Gamecube one, mainly for the co-op and the music, Ring of Fates and the Crystal Bearers were just terrible games. Oh the My Life as a King and Darklord were amusing, so I enjoyed them just fine.

I liked the first one on the gamecube and playing with friends is fun (as long as your designated healer remembers to heal you instead of getting distracted and just watching you and the others battle).

Ring of Fates was terrible, the story was awful and the characters beyond annoying. Especially the Lility that had to end everything in "y" or "ie" just to be cute and it wasn't, it was obnoxious. (ex: "Howy are youie? I amie very finey." ugh)

Echoes of Time was awesome on multiplayer, seriously, this game was just so fun when you were playing with friends, it only sucked that everyone needed their own copy of a game, but that could be overlooked. I also liked the fact that you could do the story mode with friends, the only downside was that you'd have to decide which one you was going to be the 'main character'.

Also for Echoes of Time, the side quests/minigames were very fun when playing with three other people.

Crystal Bearers sucked bad.

My Life as King/Darklord were fun, like playing Sims or something.

I've played Crystal Chronicles before all the way through and I didn't think it was bad. I liked how it was a different twist on FF. The plot wasn't that great though and the characters were less than desirable and lacked any kind of depth. I hated playing by myself and having my moogle carry around the chalice, which made boss battles tough because they all move and I ended up going out of bounds all the time and losing health. I was genuinely surprised SE released something for nintendo though at the time.

I don't hate the Crystal Chronicles, but I don't like them either. I have nothing abainst the gameplay, but the storylines are just horrible.

Back