XBox So I got the game The Last Remnant

Apparent Amarant

Blue Mage
Gil
I have been getting tired of GoW2 and Halo 3 recently so I picked up this game. All I have to say is if you don't have a monstrous TV do not even bother. I have a 28 inch TV that I play on and I can't even read the item words or actions words. It makes the game completely unplayable. I am extremely disappointed. This is a completely ridiculous problem to have. It's not too bad to read speech but having to guess what some of the letters are made it so I will basically never play this game ever again and I have only gotten about a half hour into into it. It's pretty upsetting. How could square over look something so ridiculous? It's not fair to just assume everyone plays video games on 36 inch tv's or bigger. This is pretty upsetting to me.

Obviously my TV sucks and I've been planning on getting a new one but wtf? I should be able to play any game I want on it.

If the game had cost more then $15 I would be getting my money back for it in some way or another and in fact I still may.

Last edited:
Ive never heard someone complain about the difficulty in reading the words in a game before. You bought the 360 version right? I wouldnt have a clue about that but i have the PC version with a 19 inch monitor and i can see just fine.

Ive never heard someone complain about the difficulty in reading the words in a game before. You bought the 360 version right? I wouldnt have a clue about that but i have the PC version with a 19 inch monitor and i can see just fine.

Yeah it i watch a youtube link of someone playing it i can read the words in a little box. I'm guessing it has to do with the high definition monitor. It's the only game this has ever happened to me with on my TV though. I think it's because the words are really incredibly small. I've actually read a review when I googled it of someone who had the same problem. There is basically no way to fix it. I could probably get and Xbox VGA cord and run it through my computer monitor and play it.

My TV is a piece of shit but that doesn't matter because I've never had a problem with any other game.

Obviously I got the 360 version it would be impossible to mix them up.

Last edited:
It plays well on my 14 inch flat screen. Infininate Undiscovery is the one I cant play as I cant read the text from that! But LR works well for me. Playing IU on my fish bowl TV was terrible as was Dead Rising.

Try changing your 360 settings to widescreen - if you haven't already, anyway. I had difficulty reading the in-battle text in this game as well (my TV is an 18 inch flatscreen) and that helped a great deal.
I agree though, unless you have a ridiculously large TV or the eyesight of a hawk, certain games can be a little hard on your eyes...

The size of your TV screen should not matter. Most XBox games need to be played in HDTV. Trust me, I played the game on my dad's 60' inch HDTV (but it wasn't set it the HDTV setting) and couldn't see a damn thing. Then when I moved, a bought a 19' HDTV and the text were readable then.

It does suck that you need HDTV to be able to play some XBox 360 games, but that's just the way it is, I guess. =x

I find it funny you said the exact same thing My brother did, he got the game for a ps3 and hated it because he said he couldnt really see it (before he got a big screen) and he took it back right away lol I got the game (yes big screen) as far as the game is concern its alittle bit edgy at the beginning, but once you keep playing and give it a chance it gets good, although I havent finished I will eventually, Im in the middle of the game currently.

That sucks. I can imagine the problem though I sit relatively close to my TV (small room >_>) so it doesnt affect me.

Maybe if you get used to the onscreen words you wont really need to read them. I would suggest if you only got for $15, keep with it if it doesnt becoem to tiresome.

I think I owned Last Remnant for about 24 hours before I returned it. Thought it was terrible and that the gameplay was just too far off of anything else I've played in the past to enjoy.

Back