What was the last DVD you bought?

The last dvd I bought was actually a series...I got the complete set of all of the seasons of the Powerpuff Girls :lew: ...it was an impulse buy after I got out of the hospital a few weeks ago :sad3: I have been watching them since I've had a lot of time off this week and I love them. It was such a cute show...its a shame Cartoon Network dumped it :hmph:

...and this coming Tuesday I plan on going out and getting Fast Five on dvd. I didn't get to see it in the theatres and I looooooove the Fast and the Furious movies...so I'm just going to get it when it first comes out. I know movies are usually the cheapest when they first come out.

I know movies are usually the cheapest when they first come out.

Really? Here they're the most expensive and then gradually decrease in price once they get old.

Movie: True Blood Season 1,2,3 Boxset on Bluray.

Rating: M

About the movie: I have 1 on bluray and 2 on DVD but I didn't have 3 and wanted 2 on bluray. I got a great deal on ebay from a UK seller. $80 for all 3 movies. Worked out to be around $26 each brand new. Whereas Season 3 alone here is between $50 and $70.

So I'm so happy now I have all three seasons plus season four which isn't officially out yet. >.<

I'm just going to sell the first 2 seasons I already have on ebay and get some money back.

Overall score: 10/10

I bought four together: Becoming Jane, An Education, To Kill a Mockingbird, and Heidi.

I've seen the first two, and they're both good, with love stories that never quite reach that happy ending but avoid being over-the-top-romantic or cliche. Both are well acted and well composed as films. However, An Education did give me the creeps... those scenes in Paris. :wtf:

I think Heidi's a film I watched years ago as a kid. I still remember key events in the story, but have never been able to remember the name. I'm hoping I've found it! :D

Movie: The Scorpion King 1 and 2 DVD pack

Rating: M

About the movie: I bought this off the Big W website for only $12.87!!!

Ebay wanted around $20 or more for both. >.<

I was surprised to find it was cheaper in Australia for once!!!

Anyway I love these movies, especially the second one. <3 Young Mathias is hot! Though so is The Rock in the first one. XD I could watch him all day. :gonk:

But yes good movies. >.<

The last dvd I bought was Fast and Furious 5.

It is imo the best out in the series, with more focus on the plot, awesome fight scenes and hilarious shit going on XD.

I think it must have been a collection of the BBC adaptations of Pride and Prejudice and North and South. I haven't seen these yet - although I did see some of Pride and Prejudice a long time ago - but they're meant to be very good and I've been enjoying this sort of genre in Literature a lot lately. :)

Really? Here they're the most expensive and then gradually decrease in price once they get old.

Yeahhh when they initally come out as new releases they will be like 5-7 dollars cheaper here...but only that first week. After that they go to like $20 until like you said, they gradually go down in price once they aren't so popular anymore.

I bought Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 2 on blue ray yesterday and we watched it. It was amazing. Easily my favorite of the series because of all of the special effects.

Today I bought Tangled on dvd. I really loved that movie...its probably my favorite since WALL-E. I might have to watch that tonight...or tomorrow :lew:

Movie: The Cat Returns

Rating: U, Very mild language and mild peril

about the film: a classic film yet again from Hiroyuki Morita, saw the film for the first time over the summer and loved it... tried looking for it on dvd for ages but couldn't find it.. soo i brought it on amazon the other day, basically it about a school girl called Haru who ends up going on an awesome adventure with a stature of a cat, a fat cat and a crow after saving the only son to the king of cat kingdom.. beautiful classic anime, and looks awesome upscaled to HD on my xbox 360

rating: 9/10 have to take the start with a grain of salt cuz it wearied but if u stand by it it turns out to be a great film. looks great on a device that upscales dvd's, and the dvd even comes with both the english dub and the japanese version.. soo i'm gonna watch the undubbed version one day :grin:

I bought a lot of DVDs recently, I got paid extra last weekend because I worked on a bank holiday

Goodfellas
I was not sure if I liked gansgter films because I had only seen a few, I liked some and disliked others. This is meant to be one of the definitive gangster films, and Pooley and Lewis said it was great (also iirc it is one of Ana's favourite films, so that counted for something). It turned out to be pretty excellent, a real masterpiece, I think everyone should watch it

Biutiful
Javier Bardem is in it, I love him after 'No Country for Old Men' and the fact that he is set to play Roland. It is meant to be quite good, so I am looking forward to sitting down with it some night

From Russia With love

It was only three euro on the shelf near the tills, and I thought it was clearly meant as an impulse buy. Then I decided to buy it, and I remember thinking "Is it an impulse buy, if I acknowledge my actions as impulsive".

TANGLED! :awesome:

I had to watch it again, and this time alone; I watched it in the cinema with Chris, who dislikes Disney, and I couldn't stop thinking about how much he was hating it. :ness:

It wasn't too much either! £5! :D And Disney movies are usually between £15 and £20 upon release. o_O

I watched it again tonight and absolutely loved it! :D

10/10!

Last edited:
Movie: The Little Rascals

Rating: G

I was in Kmart and I saw this on the shelf for $9 and just had to have it. XD

I was thinking about it the night before and when I saw it the next day I just knew it was meant to be. :ryan:

Awesome childrens movie. Can't wait to show my kids someday. =P

Movie: Soul Surfer

Rating: PG

Cast:
AnnaSophia Robb, Dennis Quaid, and Helen Hunt

Year it was made: 2011

About the movie: A Christian teenage surfer in Hawaii gets her arm bitten off and it's about her road to recovery. It's a beautiful movie, and almost made me and my bunkmate cry. We watched it on our last movie night. I love the fact that it's a true story, because fiction is one thing, but someone having the courage and perseverance to do that in real life is an amazing thing, especially so young.

Just bought a pack of Fantasia and Fantasia 2000 on bluray!

Lots of classical pieces with short (and often artistic/symbolic) animations from Disney.

I used to love Fantasia 2000 and I've heard the first is a lot better, so I'm very much looking forward to seeing it! :) The package was about the same amount as the two regular DVDs (which were only available separately). :awesome:

The Help

I ended up buying this after almost having finished the book last week. This is about the colored maids that took care of their white families in Jackson, Mississippi in the 60's.

Admittedly, I've already watched it at least 4 times now...it's such an amazing movie.

Deuce Bigalow: Male Gigolo

I adore this movie to death but it is such a pain in the arse trying to find it in any DVD store in Adelaide!!! It''s such a stupid movie and yet it is one of my favs, so I finally decided to hop onto eBay and buy it :hmmm: for only $10.00 too which is a bargain for these parts.

Now I have to wait for it to arrive :damon:

Deuce Bigalow: Male Gigolo

I adore this movie to death but it is such a pain in the arse trying to find it in any DVD store in Adelaide!!! It''s such a stupid movie and yet it is one of my favs, so I finally decided to hop onto eBay and buy it :hmmm: for only $10.00 too which is a bargain for these parts.

Now I have to wait for it to arrive :damon:
We have it for like 2.99 in a few shops near me

The old lady who runs the charity shop next door gave me a few free DVDs, so I'll count those as being bought. Anyways, she gave me a copy of No Country for Old Men which is an excellent film. Javier Bardem is a killer employed to find a briefcase full of money from a drug deal that went bad. The case was picked up by Josh Brolin when he came across the dead drug dealers while out hunting.

We have it for like 2.99 in a few shops near me

:hmph: Ridiculous.... you UKers and your filthy low prices!

Flight of the Conchords Box Set
I saw this in the store the other day and it was on special so I had to buy it. It came with a special little DVD of one of their earlier comedy show's too which was cool.

:hmph: Ridiculous.... you UKers and your filthy low prices!

This is why I usually buy all my DVD's from overseas. >.<

Movie: Tangled

Rating: G

I was on the JB Hi Fi site this morning and came across a combo pack for this movie. Blu-ray plus DVD plus Digital copy for only $24.98!

They still want more for the DVD on it's own, which is insane.

I've been wanting this movie for so long, but I wanted to wait for the price to drop or for it to go on sale.

I got a bargain with this one. <3 It's such an awesome movie!

i got scrubs series 3, series 1 & 2 of x-men, american pie, eternal sunshine of the spotless mind and the wrestler for a total of about £20. almost all of them were pre-owned which is why they were so cheap (the wrestler for only £3!) but eternal sunshine was still unopened so i got an excellent deal there.

As mentioned in the "What did you last buy" thread; Big Bang Theory Seasons 1-4 and Drive. That movie..... ohmygod.

Back