What was the last DVD you bought?

The last DVDs i bought was Bluray Toystory 3 and Scott Pilgrim :D
expensive but worth it!

Then...when I was turning the corner going into the T.V. series on dvd I saw this:

daria.jpg

:gasp: :gasp: :gasp: ...:awesome:

I can't tell you how much I loved Daria..and then poof it was gone and MTV never ran it anymore. I've yet to open it, but I can't wait. Brit, Kevvie, Daria.... oh yes :ryan:
Man I love that show! I saw it the last time I was in Walmart, but refrained from buying it because it was 45 bucks. I now regret this choice....

Instead, I ended up buying Inception and Batman Gotham Knight.

I bought the third season of Roswell for £25 in HMV today. I know I shouldn't have done because I really don't have the money to spend at the moment, but I had been looking for this for a while to complete my collection.

Movie: Vampires Suck

Rating: M

About the movie: I love this movie!

The chick playing Bella did such an awesome job! She played the awkward role so well!

I love how they paid out the original movie. XD

It was very well done in my opinion.

Overall score: 10/10

The last DVD I bought was:

Bruno BluRay
Rated R18+

Not everyones cup of tea, but I love it and find it amazingly Hilarious and it has a lot of hidden meanings in it too!

today I am questing to find Ali-G and Deuce Bigalo

Movie- the last DVD I got was cat symmetry. I got it for my brother for his birthday.

Rated- R

Cast- I don't know

Year- I don't know

About- it's about this animal grave yard( which is specialbecause if you burry anything dead there it comes to life)
The guy cat dies and he buurries the cat at the grave yard and it comes to life. Then the guys baby dies because his son got ran over by a truck. He burries his son and the son comes alive and becomes almost like a zombie. The wife gets killed it he burries her to. (to think he learns his lesson but no...) his wife come back and kill him. This spirit guy warns him about what would happen if he burried anything dead in that special grave.

Overall score- 9/10

Yesterday I actually bought The Hangover on Blu-ray. It was HILARIOUS! It was not my first time seeing it but it's the first time I actually sat there and payed attention to what was actually going on and it made things ten times easier to follow and 10x more hilarious! It's a movie you must buy and have.

Movie: The Addams Family #1

Rating: PG

About the movie: I love this movie!

I was watching the second movie The Addams Family Values the other day and wondered what the first movie was about.

I remember watching it as a kid on T.V. but when I asked at the Video store for a copy they said they only had The Addams Family Values.

Turns out that the first movie was only released as Region 1. Australia is Region 4.

Luckily for me I own a multiregion DVD player and so I found a cheap Brand new copy on Ebay. =)

So happy! I can't choose which movie I like more. >.<

Drug wars/Also known as Bristol Boys in some places.

I couldn't find a torrent for it so I went out and bought it for $2.95. The movie itself is quite shit, so I'm glad I didn't pay much for it. It's based on the true story of some drug bust in Connecticut but it's not particularly interesting.

Bedazzled.

I'm kinda sad that I only just got around to watching it seeing as how old this movie is. I liked it. It wasn't super funny, but the premise kept me intrigued. I also liked watching how the wishes went horribly wrong. Like he asks for wealth and power so Satan makes him a Colombian drug lord. Good stuff.

7/10

Movie: Tomorrow When The War Began

Rating: PG

About the movie: I thought this movie was awesome! Yet scary at the same time seeing as it all happened in Australia. >.<

I'd hate it if anything like that really happened to us. :gonk:

The whole movie was fantastic except for the 'romantic' scene between The asian guy and the lead female character.

The line he says to her was so cheesy and unnecessary. >.<

I went on a bit of a DVD buying spree because JB HiFi were having a sale.

MegaMind - Bluray.
I adore megamind, It's one of the few *new* animated films that I actually like. It's hilarious, cute, and just really fun to watch. Its humor is also aimed at adults, you'll find while watching it that you can pick out little things that a kid wouldn't get.
I love dreamworks, they really come out with a gem every now and then. 10/10

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 - Bluray
I really enjoyed this movie (besides that crappy dancing scene between harry and hermione) It's not really a movie to take seriously... none of the harry potter movies really were but I have found each new movie really improves... the first couple of HP movies were shit. 8/10

Mulan
My 3rd favourite Disney movie ever. (After Aladin and Tangled) I have watched this movie so many times I could probably repeat it word for word. Characters are amazing, Mushu is great and it just has a lovely story :) 9/10

Beauty and the Beast
JB HiFi had a lot of disney movies on sale so I picked up a few, beauty and the beast is probably not one of my fav disney cartoons but my sister loves it so I bought it mostly for her enjoyment. 7/10

The Aristocats
Again, another disney film I am not too fond of but my sister really likes it so I got it for her. (stupid sale) 5/10

I ordered Confessions on Blu-ray this morning, which came out today. It should be here next couple of days. I saw a piece on it on Film 2011, and thought it looked really good. It looks to be a pretty standard revenge thriller, but there is a really interesting twist in it, which they gave away on Film 2011, but I'll keep to myself incase anyone wants to see it.

I also ordered A Clockwork Orange, also on Blu-ray. Which I have seen before, but never had my own copy of. ACO has always been my favourite of the Kubrick films. I watched the first 10 minutes, and was horrified and offended at how violent it was, but then the film came into its own and told an amazing story. The setting, the script, the acting and the direction are all top notch.

The last DVD that I bought was Man on Fire Collector's Edition and Body of Lies. I was kind of bored one day and decided to buy this two movies to enjoy the day.

The last DVD I bought was Training Day. I thought it was about time I owned it!

Mod Edit - Please could you expand just a little bit more. Say why you feel that it is about time that you owned it, or what about it made you get it. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've just ordered Macho Madness - The Ultimate Randy Savage Collection. I was completely devastated when he died 2 days ago. I'd always intended to get this DVD, but was disappointed to hear that it didn't have one of the 3 hour documentary pieces that a lot of the big 3-DVD sets have these days. It's a shame that Randy wasn't on great terms with WWE to help film a documentary for his story.

I'm very much looking forward to watching 9 hours of Savage matches. OOOOH YEEEAAAAH DIGGIT!

RIP Macho Man Randy Savage.

I bought The Mechanic on Blu Ray this last Tuesday. We watched it last night. I saw it in the theatres when it came out though, so I already knew I'd like it and watch it more than once. I looooove the action in this movie...it never really gets boring for me. ...and Jason Statham is pretty fun to watch :inlove: The special effects are also very nice...and the plot is pretty deep for an action flick.

Movie: Easy A

Rating: M

About the movie: Funny movie.

I never liked Emma Stone before, but she's growing on me. Such a funny actress.

She's also in that new movie 'Stupid Crazy Love' which is hilarious!

---

Movie: Beauty and the Beast: The Enchanted Christmas

Rating: G

About the movie: I saw this ages ago on T.V and I already have the original movie and Belle's Magical World which shows more scenes from within the original movie before it ends. I thought I'd go and buy this movie too, just to make my collection complete.

You have no idea how hard it was to find it and ebay was selling it for a ridiculous price. Around $30. Eventually I bought it online from Sanity brand new for $13.

Awesome movie and so worth the search for it!

I bought Marvel's THOR(Blue-Ray)when it came out on Sept. 13.

I also have Transformers:Dark of The Moon on preorder for Friday Sept. 30(also on Blue-Ray), can't wait any longer*impatient*.

Ha! DVD? ....I mean yes, I think the last I bought was...To the manor born, complete series? Jeeeeez that was a while ago, and yes, epic show.

Back