What was the last DVD you bought?

The last thing that i have bought on DVD is the final season of Stargate Atlantis. I have loved that show and it's predecessor Stargate SG-1 since the day that they came out. Although i was too young to understand allot of things in the earlier seasons of SG-1 i have both series on DVD, I think 15 seasons total.

@ Kandy-Sugar. you can download movies off of itunes and still pay for them, they have had that feature for like two years now.

I've actually bought ALOT of DVD's lately. But I'll only post in here the ones I feel like posting about. I'll do them one at a time too. Otherwise my posts will be too big. XD

Movie:
Hocus Pocus

Rating: PG

Cast: Sarah Jessica Parker, Bette Midler

Year it was made:

About the movie: This is a bit scarier then most children movies.

I love the cat the most. <3 He's so sweet.

Sarah Jessica Parker was so skinny in this too. =0

The story was awesome in my opinion. Steve even watched it with me even though I only put it on for me to watch. XD

Lovely storyline and actors/actresses to go with it.

Basically three witches try to steal the lives of young children in order to keep their youth and beauty in order to live forever.

However, they are hung. The main witch casts a spell just before they die, which will bring them back to life once a virgin lights the candle with the black flame.

Sure enough, 300 years later someone lights the candle and they're back.

Overall score: 10/10

Last edited:
Got P.S. I love you and Inglorious Bastards for £12!!! Love you Tesco, very, very happy with that result :)

Whats to tell, I havent really watched them yet. P.S.I Love You is a lovely story about moving on, I guess. And Inglorious Bastards is a war movie directed by Tarantino.

[Mod Edit: Can you please expand on your posts in post count sections. Maybe tell us about the movies? Thanks.]

Last edited:
Movie: Aquamarine

Rating: Cast: Sara Paxton, Emma Roberts, Jojo

Year it was made:

About the movie: Really fun and sweet movie.

I love Sara Paxton in this.

Jojo was really annoying though. Such a try hard and her voice was just yuck.

Emma Roberts on the other hand was great.

Basically about two girls finding a mermaid washed up in their pool after a storm.

Marvel Heroes

I bought an absolute bargain today. Got X-Men, X-Men 2, X-Men III: The Last Stand, Fantastic Four, Daredevil and Elektra all for £8 at Morrisons. I love all these films, so I'm going to have fun watching them over and over whenever I want.

10/10

Inbetweeners Box set

10/10

Funny as hell, I was sat in bed watching it just HOWLING with laughter, its hilarious, some of the stuff really makes me cringe, but in a good way. BREIFCASE WANKER

It's so much more realistic than Skins, which is a nice change, normally I sit there and watch that and Im just like...yeah...ok, with Inbetweeners I can relate to alot of the crap from when I was younger, its fucking ace

Movie: Advent Children Complete Blu-Ray

Rating: M

Cast:

Year it was made:

About the movie: Just a remake of the original but better apparently.

Haven't watched it as yet though.

It won't be that much different I wouldn't think save for a few scenes being extended and that they would have enhanced them a bit more to look more realistic.

Might give it a watch tonight.

Mine was the movie 9, as in Tim Burtons 9 lol. Not the other one! It was £7 from Tesco, which is a bargin. I sadly never got to see it at the movies, but the animation looks amazing and I love Tim Burton.

Movie: Avatar
Rating: 9.6/10
Summary:

The movie takes us to the astonishing world of Pandora, were humans do what we know best: exploiting natural resources regardless of the flora and fauna. -__-

It has one of the best soundtracks I've ever heard, and the movie overall has fantastic effects (especially in Blue Ray HD Player :wacky:)

The Dead Zone TV Series 2-6 for 400 SEK <3. Abotu £40/$60 which I think is a complete bargain in my eyes seeing as I bought the first series on it's own for about 110SEK.

I adore the TV series, it's based on the Stephen King novel The Dead Zone. BAsically a man is put into a coma and after several years he awakes and whatever he touches he can see glimpses of the past or even the future based of the object he has touched, whether it is a person or a table. And he uses it to help solve crimes and save the world. Somewhat typically American but I adore the TV series. I love crime shows with a spin. Psych, Mentalist, Dead Zone etc. I like CSI, but it's way better when it's solved in an obscure way etc.

Mine was a film I saw at the cinema last year called Push.
It's a very similar concept to the TV show Heroes, with a group of people that can do different things like move things with their minds.
I saw it cheap so I thought I'd buy it so I can watch it again. It's a brilliant film :ryan:

I bought Where the Wild Things Are about a year ago (I think), but that was the last DVD I bought as of the present, but my brother buys a lot of DVD's, so technically the last DVD to be bought in my house was Futurama.

They had a sale a few weeks ago at Best Buy on Blue Rays so I figured I'd pick some up for my ps3. I got The Crazies, Brooklyn's Finest, and Bride Wars. The only one of the three that I haven't seen before was Brooklyn's Finest, and we'll probably end up watching that tonight.

I really liked The Crazies. When I went to see it at the theatre it gave me different vibes than the typical horror flick. I thought it was scary, but not over the top scary with the gore and etc that most movies contain. It was a movie that always made me wonder what was going to happen next.

Bride wars was the typical girly comedy, but I really liked it. Loved the part when that evil school teacher friend who was always dumping her responsibilities on Anne' Hathaway's character called Kate Hudson's character an "ex heffa" lol.

Series 1 of Hex. I remember really liking it when it was on TV a few years ago, but I realise now how poorly it was directed. There were some pretty big names in it too (Michael Fassbender and Colin Salmon) which helped its profile. I suppose I still enjoy it in a nostalgic sort of way. It's just one of those things that is entertaining trash.

Movie: Nick and Norah's infinate playlist

About the movie: It's an okay movie.

A tad strange in some scenes but Michael Cera plays the part well as always. =P

His character is always so unsure and quiet in all of his movies it seems but it just suits him so well.

Okay movie.

Overall score: 8/10

Iron Man 2
10/10
I very recently purchased Iron Man 2 for Blu-Ray. I think this movie is much better than the previous one and that was excellent in my opinion. I love the action and futuristic technology the most but it also has a good amount of comedy as well.

I got Eclipse yesterday when it came out. I originally saw it when it came out in the theatres (which seems like awhile ago, actually). I think its the better of the three movies so I had to buy it. The storyline between Bella, Jake, and Edward is starting to get really grating and overplayed at this point in the series, but the movie gets more action than the previous ones so I overall liked the movie. Can't wait to see what the next one out in the theatres is going to be like. :gonk: 9/10.

I bought a whole heap to be honest. Whenever I buy DVD's I don't buy just one at a time. XD But I'll mention one in particular.

Movie:
Fantastic 4: Rise of the Silver Surfer

About the movie: I was looking everywhere for this when I found the first movie!

I knew that there was a second movie but couldn't remember what it was about or what the name of it was.

In the end I thought I may have imagined a second movie, until I was at the shops on boxing day and saw it sitting on the shelf!!!

Was so happy I found it! XD

I went to Best Buy last night planning on just buying From Paris With Love...which I did end up getting on blue ray... but I also got two more things:

The first season of Jersey Shore on dvd. I'm sorry but that show is waaaaaay too addictive. I just can't get enough of those tanned gorilla juice-head guidos :gasp:

Then...when I was turning the corner going into the T.V. series on dvd I saw this:

daria.jpg

:gasp: :gasp: :gasp: ...:awesome:

I can't tell you how much I loved Daria..and then poof it was gone and MTV never ran it anymore. I've yet to open it, but I can't wait. Brit, Kevvie, Daria.... oh yes :ryan:

Back