What was the last DVD you bought?

I just bought Orange County with Jack Black. Lol. It's an old school funny movie that was on sale for like $5. I could not pass it up.

It's just one of those stupidly funny movies that you cannot help but laugh at.

Cloverfield, brand new ... £2 in local charity shop!! Ive only seen it once and thought it to be so-so ... my fav character died bout 5 minutes from the end :( But bargin! Thanks gran ^^

I bought Public Enemies with Johnny Depp in it. PHWOAR. :wacky: It's a newer movie that just came out on DVD not too long ago. It's the John Dillinger story (the modern-day Robid Hood back in the 1930s), and it's excellent. It stars Johnny Depp as John Dillinger and Christian Bale as FBI agent Purvis. (I think he's name is?) Anybody who likes crime movies with lots of machine guns and jail breaks then this movie is for you. It's excellent. =]

Just bought OldBoy on DVD this past Saturday. I was searching around the store for like a half an hour trying to find it. It's one of my most favorite movies about a man who is imprisoned for 15 years without knowing why, and is released from his imprisonment without knowing why. He must find out who is responsible. I'd definitely recommend it.

Movie: Romy and Michele's Highschool Reunion

Rating: PG

Cast: Mira Sorvino and Lisa Kudrow

Year it was made: 1997

About the movie: Couldn't pass up this movie when I saw it!

I love the old highschool sorta movies. XD

Everytime I watch it I laugh at the bit where they're at the reunion and all the bitches from highschool are pregnant and Michelle (Lisa Kudrow) calls them fat. XD

This movie makes me look so forward to my own reunion. >.<

Overall score: 10/10

Last edited:
It was series 1 of The Mentalist. Got it for a good price, but Im taking it back as disks 1, 2 and 6 are scratched and Ive not even watched them yet!!!

Movie: Lilo and Stitch 1 and 2

Rating: G

Cast:

Year it was made:

About the movie: Awe I loved the first movie when it came out a few years ago.

I couldn't resist buying the both of them when I saw them for only $9 each.

Stitch is such a cute little thing although very naughty.

Haven't watched either of them yet since buying them but I can't wait to when I get the chance. >.<

anchorman
it may be the funniest movie i have ever seen got it for a good 9 dollars at future shop.
definately worth the buy

I actually bought three TV box sets recently. They were seasons 1-3 of Supernatural. The first three seasons were great and I really enjoyed this show then. It was one of the few that I watched every week. Seasons 4 and 5 ruined it but I'm excited to have the first three on DVD. I got them brand new from Amazon for $45 total as well. :awesome:

Movie: Ice Age 3: Dawn of the Dinosaurs

Cast:

Year it was made:

About the movie: I already had the first two and I really couldn't pass this one up. >.<

It was a pretty funny movie, though not as great as the first. But it's usually like that with most trilogys.

Nice idea with the Dawn of the Dinosaurs. It gave life to the story a bit more.

Scrat was hilarious as always too. XD I love his little side story in the movies. >.<

Movie: Across the Universe

Rating: PG-13

Cast: Evan Rachel Wood, Jim Sturgess

Year it was made: 2007

About the movie: Basically this movie is a selected few of beatles songs turned into a visual story of a man from liverpool who came to america to meet his father who had left his mother before he was born. He meets this group of guys and just so happens one of the guys who end up becoming his best friend had a sister whom he ends up falling in love with. I really love musicals and this one is really one of my favorites, but alot of the scenes seem as tho they are just tossed in there, you will go from a story to a bam random scene in which the character in that scene progress and becomes part of the main story. Overall if you like the Beatles and love musicals if you have not seen this movie yet you should check it out.

Overall score: 9/10

Movie: Shrek 1, 2 and 3

Cast:

Year it was made:

About the movie: I loved the first one when it came out.

When I heard that number four was coming out soon, I went out and bought the first three to catch up on them.

I still think that so many sequels to the original movie is a bit silly, but they're still enjoyable.

Freaky Friday

After seeing one of the most funniest scenes in the film via a link Mark sent me, I was definitely encouraged to see this. It was back in the day when Lindsay Lohan was actually a good actress. Basically, a mother and daughter at each other's throats take a fortune cookie each and wake up in each other's bodies the next day! I'd definitely recommend it for some harmless fun.

10/10

Movie: The Reef

Cast:

Year it was made:

About the movie: It wasn't the greatest movie.

To be honest I think these sorts of movies have been remade too many times.

I thought it would be really good at the time of buying it though. XD

It's not that bad, but it's not that great either.

Just a few fish defending their home from Sharks. >.<

Overall score: 8/10

Last edited:
Movie: Zombies!Zombies! Zombies!

Rating: 18

Cast: Not a clue

Year it was made:

About the movie: This is a REAAAALY low budget film, About zombies...suprisingly. Its about zombies and a strip club. I didn't enjoy it that much to be honest, the story wasnt in depth enough.
Overall score: 7/10

Where The Wild Things Are
Toy Story 1/2 (Blu Ray release)

I bought these at the same time, so I can't really say which was the last..
I'd of course already seen both Toy Story movies, but they are classics, and now they are shiny. They will look good beside Toy Story 3.

And I loved Where The Wild Things Are. I didn't see it in theatres though I was planning on it.. And the book was always one of my favourites... But now I think it's my new favourite movie. Everything about it strikes the perfect note. I think this movie is a gem. I even went and bought the score, as well as the soundtrack.

Movie: Hocus Pocus

Cast:

Year it was made:

About the movie: This movie scared me as a child. XD

It has Sarah Jessica Parker in it as one of the three witches.

It's pretty funny.

I haven't watched it since buying it but I'm sure it's about witches trying to suck the young lives out of childredn in order to maintain their own youth or something.

Kinda scary and sick. XD

Supernatural Season 1

I remember borrowing this from a friend and loving it the first time round. So when I saw it in Asda for only £9, I just HAD to get it. I love Sam and Dean! I don't get how they can switch from being serious in their hunting to so goddamn hilarious in a matter of seconds. Jensen Ackles, in particular, cracks me right up. I don't think the show would be better with two different actors playing them. The episodes seem to get better and better as you go along. I'd definitely recommend it.

10/10

Movie: A little Princess

Cast:

Year it was made:

About the movie: This was a favourite when I was younger and I found it at Ezy DVD the other day and just couldn't say no to it. =P

It's about a little girl who lives in India with her rich father, but when he has to go to war for England he sends his daughter to an American boarding school in order to keep her safe.

It is soon found out that her father has died in battle and she is then forced to work as a servant at the school and is made to live in the attic with another servant girl.

Of course there is a happy ending though. =)

I just recently bought The Amazing Johnathan: Wrong On Every Level DVD which is to date the funniest comedy routine I have ever seen... EVER. Seriously, if you've never seen it, you have to. I actually threw up in my mouth from laughing. I don't think I can really set this post up like everyone elses because it's a stand-up routine and there's not really a cast or rating.

SCORE: 10/10

Back