Advent Children Ugh. One-Winged Angel

Nikkolas

White Mage
Gil
This confirms it. Square have no sense of decency. I mean even less so than other companies.

The ACC version of One-Winged Angel in the original AC:

This is perfect.

Not perfect.

I wish I knew how you make a "long version" of a song over 6 minutes....

Square continues to lose respect in mye yes. As if their Crisis Core version of OWA wasn't bad enough.

Last edited:
While I could go on and on about how SE has beaten the FFVII horse to death, I'll spare you the trivialities of my opinion on that subject. After years of SE shitting FFVII down people's throats it seems that for some odd reason, people still eat this shit right up.

Now, when it comes to the musical score of the game, I quite enjoy... most of it.

When I watched Advent Children for the first time, I liked it. I don't love it, I don't hate it, I like it. It's alright in my opinion. When I heard the Black Mages version of One Winged Angel, I did what anyone else would have done. That's right, I pirated the soundtrack. (What, did you think I was going to actually waste money on it?)

Now to hear on the re-release of Advent Children, Advent Children Complete,(Seriously, fanboys really just eat this shit up...) that the song has been changed to a version that is undeniably worse? I think I'll go pirate this movie and watch it just to see what the fanboys are raving about this time.

Square... For shame man... For shame.

I'm probably going to be in the minority here...but I quite like the ACC version.

Overall, I think the ACC remixes are actually better than the original versions. They are something of a waste - after all, the movie really didn't need re-doing, and the extras definetely did not justify it - but they're still pretty good, all things considered.

...my favourite version of One Winged Angel remains the Crisis Core version, though.

I kept thinking it was just the YouTube vids but I downloaded the mp3s and for sure it does seem like the ACC version is literally worse quality than the AC one. I can have my speakers barely turned on and AC OWA will blast out. ACC has to be turned up and I still think i can hear instruments better in the AC one.

I didn't think the ACC version was that bad. I mean, I do think that the AC one is superior, but I didn't hate the ACC remix. It did take a little getting used to though, because for some reason, the AC version seemed smoother, while the ACC one kind of hurt my ears slightly. Still, though, it was okay.

I kinda liked listening to different versions of this song. I mean, I kinda like the one in Dissidia better, but I kinda like the guitar-ish one in AC. I couldn't really notice during the movie, and I honestly don't think the ACC version is that bad.

I really don't see any difference between the two quite honestly. I know the ACC one has a tad bit more added to it. but other than that it all sounds the same to me. In fact, I think all the remixes of One Winged Angel are Really REALLY good. I LOVED Crisis Core's version... I like hearing all the different ways a song can be play honestly.

I really don't see any difference between the two quite honestly.

I agree. The AC one does sound a little better after listening for a while, but I could care less. There aren't even that many differences. I mean, it's not like they changed the whole song into a completely new one.

At this point it doesn't really matter, I mean how long has this FFVII thing been going on? It's time to let it go already.

That kind of attitutde is why Hollywood keeps making more terrible remakes and sequels.

If they continue to suck, w eiwll continue to complain. Same with FFVII'S Compilation.

When I said "It's time to let it go already", I was talking about the compilation. I don't want any more of these spinoffs, because they're getting worse and I'm just burnt out by FF7. I hate remakes and sequels most of the time.

I just don't get it, why would SE spend money just for a remake of a soundtrack. Ok, the FFVII soundtrack remakes (to AC) aren't that bad. But why make a remake of a remake???
What the hell were they thinking?

Back