Which FF game did you first anticipate?

By the time I got FFVII FFVIII was already out, so I didn't anticipate that release at all. I got FFVIII about a year after FFVII and looked forward to all future titles.

So I guess FFIX was the first one I anticipated... However I had only a few magazine articles to go by for that. I didn't have an awful lot to follow up until the release as I hadn't got to the internet, or at least hadn't learned how to follow up on things on the internet. I don't think I used the internet much at all, and thus was cut from almost everything.

Therefore I think FFX was the first game I was able to follow closer I think. I was able to look at screenshots of the upcoming game and imagine what it would be like and dream about it a little. I wasn't able to do this much with FFIX as I hadn't been exposed to as much, I don't think.

Thinking about it... I wasn't able to dream like I did with FFX since either.. As the childhood mind died and the "ah crap, real world, will never concentrate again" mind kicked in. I look forward to games and such still, but I don't think I have the same level of anticipation as I did for FFX.

Last edited:
The first FF game that I anticipated was FF8. I had first gotten into the series with FF7 after watching my brother play (and never getting my own chance until he moved out). My dad went to the mall with me to get the game, and I remember flipping to the strategy guide and showing him everything and explaining why he just wasted like $50 on a game. He asked me if Selphie was holding dynomite. =]

The first FF game I was psyched over would be FFXII. I had played FFV-FFX by then, and when FFXI was announced, I knew I wouldn't play it, so I had to keep waiting for the next playable FF game then xD

I got 5-10 after they were out for a while so I wasn't really waiting on them being announced, but I was for FFXII. Hell, I even bought DQ8 mainly to play the FFXII demo xD

Although it seems I was a little too expectent. I won't say I hate the game, but I've managed to put it on the back burner for quite a while now >_>

After XII, while I did buy Crisis Core, WotL, III and IV remakes, the next game I was really excited about was Dissida, and I was very happy with that one ^^

Now I'm squirming for FFXIII, and hopefully Versus and Agito won't be too far behind :3

*coughs*and a FFVI remake*coughs*

Ummm, I played 7 first, but 8 and 9 were already out by then. My local shop was out of stock at the point when I wanted to buy 9, and I had to wait for quite a while...so I guess that's the same as waiting for a game to be released huh?
When actually anticipating a game to be released, it would be 10...torture:gonk:

Well when I was younger, I would watch my dad play FF ALL the time and thats how I started to get into it. I think the First FF that I anticipated for really was X-2. I mean my dad lost VIII and IX (IX was damaged & thats all the FF we had at that time) when we moved to TX (but I already had those games so I cant really say I antcipated it) but, I remember seeing X-2 an a magazine saying "oooh a FF game I want it!" and I could not wait at all. I got X-2 before X so i was so confused! I was like 'he'? who's he?? but I stopped halfway through then got X and played that first. But yeah, X-2 was probably my first :monster:

By the time I was a fan of the series,VII, VIII and IX were all available and the Playstation 2 was on the verge of being released. With my PS2 having been on that first shipment to the US, waiting for FFX was excruciating. It being the first "next-gen" FF title ontop of being the only time (to that point) I had to wait to get my next FF fix made it nearly unbearable.

Last edited:
FFVII was when i first played a game in the series it was round someone in my familys house though when your only little you dont have an attention span to play it(well i didn't) i think i borrowed IX off someone for a few days aswell

i think i first got proper into it was when X came out for the PS2

It must be awesome to have your parents play FF. You could play together and ask for tips and tricks when you're stuck. :P

I've never anticipate any FF game, actually. When there's one in the market, I buy it. I never like seeking around updates for video games.

EDIT : I misunderstood the term "anticipated". I need to say that the first FF game I looked forward to buy was FFX-2. I liked FFX and I was curious with what SE will do with the story.

Last edited:
FF7 was the first one I was excited for the release of.

FF6 was the first one I tried. But I was about 8 and didn't understand jRPGs at all. I can remember renting the game once, loading somebody else's saved game, and exploring the Narshe Cave in the WoR. I tried to fight mages with spells only to have them reflected back at me and I was all like "wtf is happening, this is retarded!". I didn't really understand them until I was maybe 9 or 10 and playing games like Chrono Trigger, Super Mario RPG, Suikoden, etc.

I just got into FF not so long ago, so the games I anticipate is World of Final Fantasy, Final Fantasy XV (but I need to buy a PS4 first x,D), and I'm really interested in Final Fantasy VII Remake as well!C:

I have found this resource yesterday and wanted to share with the community : [h=1]Harry Potter Fun Facts & Behind the Scenes Secrets[/h]Harry Potter Fun Facts & Behind the Scenes SecretsHarry Potter Fun Facts & Behind the Scenes SecretsHarry Potter Fun Facts & Behind the Scenes SecretsHarry Potter Fun Facts & Behind the Scenes SecretsHarry Potter Fun Facts & Behind the Scenes Secrets

Back