Are you an Organ Donor?

This may be a matter of oppinion, well of course it is but i think its incredibly selfish not to donate. Your dead and your organs could save someones life, a childs life, a fathers life etc. People say they have a fear of their bodies being cut up when theyre dead....well news flash, your dead, your not gunna be there when its happening, and honestly do you think you would be lying on your death bed (assuming the circumstances of course) worrying about donating your organs? Of course not, your'l be saying your goodbyes, getting prepared.
The only reason i have against donating, which i forgot to mention earlier would be if my organs were given to criminals. Rapists, peadophiles, murderers etc.
If it helps someone out then why say no. I just dont understand it.

I'm not, as of the moment, but I'm definitely signing up once I'm able to get around to doing it. Maybe over the holidays, as I'm 18 now.

I have no problems with giving my organs. I'll sign up to be able to give anything--except my right eye because it's ridiculously weak and near-sighted. Everything else I'll happily give away. If it's in good shape, I have no reason to keep them once I'm gone. I'd love the idea of helping someone repair their body damages, it would make a big difference for those people.

My dad loves to tell the story that if you are infact an organ donor, and they see this after you've been in a really bad accident, and the percentage of you living is below 50%, they're going to allow you to die so they can take your organs. >.>

I don't know if I should believe him or laugh and say what ever.

OMG that was the reason I never ticked that box to start with! :gasp:

I think my dad said exactly the same thing, that if they find that you're most likely not to make it, then they'll just let you die so that they can take your organs!

I was like! OMG =0 What if that's true. I even said to Steve that that's why I didn't do it to start with and he thought it was a stupid idea and that they wouldn't do that.

But who knows. :gonk:

So I will eventually tick that box, but I don't know when. >_< I want to do it next time I get my license renewed, but that's in February and I'm still scared about what my dad told me. >_<

Last edited:
I'm an organ donor. Why not be one? My body won't need them when I die so why keep them? Although I certainly wont be around to personally see it happen, I love knowing the fact that by giving somebody an organ I saved their life and gave them a 2nd chance. You never know if you'll be in that situation and YOU will be the one needing an organ throughout your life.

Yes, initially only to get a discount on my ID, however...

My dad loves to tell the story that if you are infact an organ donor, and they see this after you've been in a really bad accident, and the percentage of you living is below 50%, they're going to allow you to die so they can take your organs. >.>

I don't know if I should believe him or laugh and say what ever.

Either or, the lady at the DMV gave me a dirty look when I tried to say no, so I said yes. :P I will donate my organs to any lucky person who has a rare blood type like me.

My old man has told me the same thing. Except, it only got me to stay an organ donor. I ain't interested in living when there's a very small chance of even doing anything, so there's no way in hell I'm going to support an overly-compassionate doctor. I want one that actually does the math.

Yeah, I'm a donor. Why not?

Frankly, I won't need anything in my body when I'm gone, and if any of it can save someone else, awesome. It's a simple, selfless decision.

No, I'm not.

At this point in time my mind is not set on this matter yet, I may become less bitter at some point. :lew: My mother has COPD, which is a lung condition which can be genetic. However, she smokes. Simply because she smokes, were she to need it, she will not qualify to get a lung transplant. I know those are rare as is, but they simply refuse to give people that smoke transplants to begin with. Which I think is miserable if people have a disease that can be genetically decided.

So no, at this point in time, I'm not. It's a very personal choice. Why should someone I care about not be able to get it, and the next random person can because they don't smoke? What if your illness didn't even start because of smoking? You're well screwed. It's a fucked up system. I'll pass for now.

I actually am!

But I'd be lying if I said the thought of it didn't bother me a bit. I don't want anyone messing around with my body, even when I'm dead. I'm not going to change my mind or anything because if I can help just one person then it would be worth it in the end, but yanno. Though admittedly I'm not exactly comfortable with dying in the first place :lew: so maybe it's normal to be a bit uneasy about such things.

I am and to be honest I don't mind. My body will start rotting after I die so if whatever is left of me can be used to give a chance to live to someone else then so be it. If there is an afterlife, and that is a BIG IF, I would be content knowing that I allowed someone else to live in my stead. Of course, I would like the doctor to be 99.99% sure there is no way to save me excluding living as a vegetable. If I am reduced to living trapped inside my head without any mean to communicate or interact with the outside world then by all means go ahead and put me out of my misery.

The question I have for those of you that aren't donors is how would you feel about receiving an organ from another person if you needed it? I would assume that if your life depended on an organ from a stranger you would be happy to take it?

I (sort of?) understand people that have religious beliefs that prevent organ donation, but for those of you that are more creeped out by the idea of giving up a kidney once you've kicked the bucket - I wonder if you would be creeped out if you were the one receiving it?

I'm not judging at all, just genuinely curious what the difference is between giving/receiving. I'm an organ donor but I feel like it would be far creepier receiving an organ and living with a part of someone else than it would be giving up part of myself once I'm done with it. :|

Back