National Novel Writing Month

Lebreau

I am colorblind ; coffee black and egg white.
Veteran
Gil
Right... NaNoWriMo. Who's doing it? Wait. Who even knows what it is?

It's basically.. well, you go mad for a month. You're going to write 50000 words in a month. Right. You're nuts. That's 1667 words a day. Sounds impossible, I'm sure.

Well, I guess it's not, because.. tons of people do it. Every November is National Novel Writing Month. Although it's really not national... it's more of a world-wide thing, I think. There's an official site and everything, of which I'm a member. { .Rinoa }

I realize I should have thought to post this sooner, not on the second day of November. But... ooops?

National Novel Writing Month's official website

Last edited:
Jess.... you're a wee bit insane.

I'm doing the NANO :D I'll fail epically and never look at myself again, but I'm doing. :P

Christ, the only thing I can write that much on in the first place would be a debate topic. Otherwise I'd lose my train of thought like 50,000,000 times. For instance topics such as Love, Religion, The foundation of all Politics..

Oh well, good luck to you Jess.

I love the premise of what the NaNoWriMo is about, but I don't think it was that effective when I did it in 2007. I think that if it were spread out over three months, the quality would have been better, and from many of the submissions I've read, I would have to think that is true for others. While they all hit the quantity of the submission, the quality isn't always that successful. They're more concerned about hitting a word count then what they are actually saying, how it is conveyed to the reader, plot themes and tools, grammar, and the overall effect that they are trying to create. It's a great idea, and for people with writer's block, I would fully recommend. However, I have completed a NaNoWriMo, and I was not happy with my work, and I have yet to find one that was good enough for me to say that it was the best exercise. It was a good one, and it gave me ideas I didn't have before, but it was, by far, not the best exercise.

Um...wow. The last time I attempted such a project was back in 2006. I think that (seriously) ended up being around 81,000 words, using Microsoft Word's counter. That was an extremely long project. XD 3 months, working for roughly 3 hours a day. :gasp:

But anymore I don't have time to write, or else I'd do it. Good luck, Jess! :gasp:

Back