YouTube Battle Replay Discussion Thread

Amizon

Too orsm for you.
Veteran
Gil
Discuss all things to do with Battle Replay here. Post your replays that have been put up on video sites like YouTube, share your tips for editing and so on. One liners will be considered as spam, be deleted and you will be issued with a warning.

Here's my very first replay. :yay:

I'm not used to all the editing and stuff yet, so I'm playing around with it whenever I can. In the meantime, this was an old battle I had saved from September and so uploaded it on to the PSP's memory as a video. Then I put it on the computer and edited it in Windows Movie Maker to add the music in to make it sound so dramatic.

How did you upload those battle replays?

The last time I had a battle replay, it was all about slamming the AI on difficulty 'Minimum' non-stop till I had 9999 bravery. Then, I would finish the person off with one single hit. That, and a non-stop bravery combo in mid-air round and round the map. Do you know that you can actually change the direction of the bravery strike, say upwards, or downwards?

Seems like you almost lost to that AI in the battle though. Summons can get on one's nerves from time to time, eh?

How did you upload those battle replays?

The last time I had a battle replay, it was all about slamming the AI on difficulty 'Minimum' non-stop till I had 9999 bravery. Then, I would finish the person off with one single hit. That, and a non-stop bravery combo in mid-air round and round the map. Do you know that you can actually change the direction of the bravery strike, say upwards, or downwards?

Seems like you almost lost to that AI in the battle though. Summons can get on one's nerves from time to time, eh?
I put them as standard quality on the game, then transferred them to my computer through a USB cable, added some music in Windows Movie Maker and uploaded it to YouTube.

Hmm, never knew that. Yeah, that's back when I had very little experience. I was the lucky sod this time. :gonk:

Okay... (I'm a member of Dissidia Forums... So, I might as well give you guys some feedback)

Cheryl!!! Good job :D No seriously, out of total respect and pure pointers, that was a good job... Just watch Tidus' moves, they can be nasty buggers...

.Squall... You are so dam lucky that you last move connected against Sephiroth... Next time, avoid his moves like hell!!! When he goes for Black Materia, KILL HIM!!! Every other time, keep him at a far distance and BLOCK!!

Tsukianei... that was pretty good Zidane skill. Try using the chain (Hint, Hint, Meo Hint), but if you don't have it... oh well.

OVERALL ADVICE!!! You guys are good, some characters you will be great at... Personally, Cloud is a lot easier (knock back!!) for me to handle, just like Tsukianei was dam good at handling Zidane...

Unfortunately, I don't have any vids up and running, but when I do... there will be one here.

Ya, I wasn't expecting half the attacks off Sephy, i'm more a Squall/WoL user to a Kefka user. Also trying to practice with Firion.

Well, show me on this post and I'll give you feedback... trust me! I give a lot of feed back to people on the Dissidia forums (even though I haven't got the game yet o_O).

Tsukianei... that was pretty good Zidane skill. Try using the chain (Hint, Hint, Meo Hint), but if you don't have it... oh well.

OVERALL ADVICE!!! You guys are good, some characters you will be great at... Personally, Cloud is a lot easier (knock back!!) for me to handle, just like Tsukianei was dam good at handling Zidane...

Unfortunately, I don't have any vids up and running, but when I do... there will be one here.

Thanks for the complement. I actually do have Meo, however, I always screw up on the timing. I've been practicing it for a while though, so I'm getting better at it.

Can't wait to see some of your vids. Post some up soon, m'kay?

That's not a bad one at all. However, I don't think that I could stand using a character as slow as that... But you did a great job with him. What difficultly level was the computer?

maximum level AI, had Cloud at 105 as well with vicious behavior. I'm just taking a liking to Firion sincehe fights quite defensively, as well as sort of dragging the enemy towards him for bigger attacks. So his speed can be compensated for with his reel in attacks and ranged blows.

Want to make a Squall vid but it's always one sided D:

Most Squall fights normally are. Usually when I do a battle replay I go for the normal setting. However, it's beginning to become a little too easy now. So I'm slowly working my way up to max level AI. Then I will start recording all of my videos while the AI is at max level.

However, when it comes to Tidus, I can usually take him out easy no matter what level he's on. (He's my punching bag, so I can see most of his moves coming from a mile away.)

I'm in the process of making another battle replay, but I want to use custom music, so I have to go through Windows Movie Maker. I'll be uploading it before the day is over, that's for sure.

For anyone who doesn't know how to upload their YouTube videos like I did, then allow me to show you for the future.

You simply put YouTube tags (like you do to make your writing bold, italic, etc) ...

And then you see where it says embed on the video in YouTube? Well, copy and paste them in between the YouTube tags above. And voila! It should work. If anyone's confused, then don't hesitate to ask me again in a PM.

Here is my video. I used WMM to put four battles together and added my own music.

However, the quality in this video sucks so bad... So, I'll make you guys a deal. Upon watching this video, if you want to see the non-suck good quality version, PM me, or comment on the video, and I'll upload the AVI file.

So, without further delay, here is my video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiuxwmFyGeY
There is the link to the video if it doesn't work above.

(The video is still processing, so it should be available within the next hour or so.)

OKay, time for reviews!

.Squall... much better performance with Firion than with Kefka. You knew you were in control, and I'm awarding you the golden lance, for fighting a max AI cloud and winning it Anti-fluky. Nice usage of Firion's Ex-Burst!!

Tsukianei!!! Editing the video made me a bit dizzy, but good job on that any way. I'm taking a stab in the light, thinking that Zidane in your main. If not, my apologises, cause you rocked at using him! One small detail I should poke you on, the Chase Sequences are mind games!! Dogde to fast, he'll pwn you if he's using HP attacks... eg EXDEATH!!!

Overal... again... You both are highly capable of fighting with your characters in the videos I've currently viewed.... And I strongly recommend if you want to boast your skill, use AD-HOC!!!!!

Aye, I plan to when I can.

Next video I do will be with Gabranth, i'm setting up his accessories right and getting his Chaos Blade and then tackle another max AI (ftr, in the Kefka vid Sephy was also at max)

OKay, time for reviews!

Tsukianei!!! Editing the video made me a bit dizzy, but good job on that any way. I'm taking a stab in the light, thinking that Zidane in your main. If not, my apologises, cause you rocked at using him! One small detail I should poke you on, the Chase Sequences are mind games!! Dogde to fast, he'll pwn you if he's using HP attacks... eg EXDEATH!!!

Yep, that be true. Zidane is my main. Sorry about the editing. I'm not quite sure why it came out like that. With the chases, I always struggle when fighting against someone new. I fight against Tidus all the time, so I have his down. I can time it perfectly. I'm not so used to fighting ExDeath, so I'm still attempting to figure his out.

I'm trying to get this Xlink-Kai thing to work. I'm having problems with it. I don't have any friends nearby that I can fight with. Hopefully I can get this thing working soon.

Can't wait to see it ^-^ It should be interesting, considering that Gabranth is one of the hardest characters to master (due to the fact he's an EXecutioner)... But, overal, should be fun to watch

I have two more videos. This time, they're against Gabranth. I just unlocked him and decided that he had to die.

Video #1:
Video #2:
Tomorrow I will have two more videos ready. I'm fighting Tidus... Again, but with a twist. He manages to hit me a couple of times. I have those already recorded, but I don't feel like uploading them at the moment.

EDIT: New video

Last edited:
Back