Playstation PS3 Top 5 List

5 - Final Fantasy XIII, I don't care about the hate the game receives on this forum. I enjoyed the story quite a bit!

4 - Assassin's Creed 2, Perhaps everyone has this on their list, but man I certainly love trying to kill a Pope!

3 - Battlefield Bad Company 2, if there was any FPS I'd add, it would be this... Some of the MP Servers are still active, and I'm sure the forum would like this one a lot!

2 - God of War 3, The Blood, plus that fight vs Cronus in Tartarus was OMG

1 - Uncharted 1, 2 and 3... I'm not just adding 1.

5 - Final Fantasy XIII, I don't care about the hate the game receives on this forum. I enjoyed the story quite a bit!

2 - God of War 3, The Blood, plus that fight vs Cronus in Tartarus was OMG
I remember....March 2010. Both of these titles came out in the same month. Actually, I think they came out like a week apart. I remember having to stop playing FFXIII so I could see how everything would finish up with God of War 3. I can still pick up both games and enjoy them greatly. Each game without a doubt are pinnacle examples of just how beautiful a PS3 title could potentially be.

My list has changed most likely from when I last posted in here, so here goes most likely a new updated list.

1. Tales of Graces F(still enjoy this game)

2. Ratchet and Clank Future: A Crack in Time. Who doesn't love an armageddon weapon wielding arthropod cat(lombax) and wise cracking robot?

3. Metal Gear Solid V

4. Assassins Creed: Brotherhood

5. Borderlands 2

1. NieR
What strange game! But immensely endearing featuring one of my favourite band of characters in any medium. I also am glad we had the older version of the main character because I found the relationship with Yonah to be more compelling as a Daughter opposed to a Sister. A lof of people diss combat in NieR but I found it to be pretty fun, I enjoyed learning all the skills with Grim Noire and found using the Spear to feel pretty good. A truly unique Art Direction and a story which isn't afraid to go to dark or surreal places NieR is pretty much the perfect Action RPG for me. Also, the soundtrack is in a class of it's own, not only that but it features vocals in a language that was made up for the game! NieR is certainly an experience an I am glad people are more aware of if from the release of NeiR Automata.

2. Catherine
Well... easily one of the biggest surprises I've had from a game. I had written it off as a cheap erotic visual novel, but the more I saw of it the more I yearned for it! The game not the former! No, it turned out to be a very compelling game, I don't generally play or enjoy puzzles in games but the premise and symbolism around Catherine's Nightmare sections were very enticing! I never played a Persona game prior so the Social Sim Elements were a treat too, I'd even argue that the blend better with the overall pace of the game too.

3. Sonic All-Star Racing TRANSFORMED
Easily the best racer I've played since the original Crash Team Racing! So creative in the way the tracks transform during the race and each player has a car to change into the fitting environment! Really fun and something you can go through the whole campaign with a buddy - Co-op games are few and far between these days, so this is a Big Bonus! Sometimes it can get a little hard in comparison to the previous release but it's style and diversity in game options is totally worth it!

4. Majin & The Forsaken Kingdom
A Platformer/Adventure from the creators of Resident Evil... apparently! I love this game, it's not very complex and sort of does have a throwback style to RE with it's unlockable locations. The games Buddy system is very fun - Not only that but the lead character has fun takedown moves to boot. The story is quite thin really but what stood out was how the lead character and monster got to know one another, you'd have sections where they'd take a break and just chat but was very engrossing as you'd learned about each characters motives and struggles and pulled you in all the more.

5. Final Fantasy XIII
While not my favourite by a long shot I still really enjoy Final Fantasy XIII. The combat is one of the most engaging within the series (Ignoring Auto-Battle, as you can utilise your ATB bar better without it), the concept of switching your Paradigms to turn the tide of battle made each encounter thought provoking. I also loved the Stagger system, hitting that peak was exhilarating! I also enjoyed aspects of the story like humanising Lightning but still agree the lore was very poorly explained. Still overall a Mid-tier FF game for me but one of the best PS3 offerings.

Last edited:
Back