XBox Xbox 360 Top 5 Games List

1) Halo 3

the game was so fucking awesome on Heroic Solo, I loved every last bit of it. I tried to hack it on Legendary, but snipers just kept raping me. Love the feeling you get every time you fuck up a Scarab.

Many hours were spent trying to secure a pre-emptive encounter by sniping Brutes with Gravity Hammers and Fuel Rods. Bastards.

I just loved it all, so much.

2) Saint's Row 2

guns, money, cars and strippers. What more could anyone want in a game? well you know, besides the removal of the censor bar.

You know it's fucking funny when someone makes their character look like Kurt Cobain and he's terrorizing the ghetto of Stillwater. Character customization is very detailed and you can actually find a few guides lying around on youtube or at gamefaqs on how to make your characters look like renowned rappers or even Will Smith.

I'd say the game plays a lot like the GTA series, but it's just got a distinguishable level of humor and some very cool characters, like Johnny Gat. Leader of a Rival Gang gets his woman killed, he intrudes on the funeral day. Johnny says he's not gonna kill anyone on that particular day, so they (you and Johnny) kick his ass and bury him in the coffin.

That's fucking hardcore.

My only real qualm with the game is that you can't play with other players who don't have the same DLC as you, regardless of whether or not you're going to explore that content.

3) Assassin's Creed 2

There's not much to say, but Assassin's Creed 2 was an amazing recovery from the bore that was the original Assassin's Creed gameplay. The story was better, the game was better. It was a massive and much needed improvement.

4) Tales of Vesperia

Tales of Vesperia is your typical hick boy goes on an adventure to save the world with his friends story, but I feel like Yuri and Flynn are characters of exceptional quality. It's the first time I've ever seen characters remind me so much of myself.

Yuri has a very strong sense of justice and retribution and is a very bold character. Flynn is Yuri's best friend, and eventually Yuri becomes a criminal. Being a Knight, Flynn has a hard time making the right decision knowing that it is his duty to apprehend criminals as well as promising himself that he would change how things worked from the inside, but he also can't bring himself to prosecute Yuri for the crimes he's committed.

The promise was a promise that Flynn and Yuri made together, but in Yuri's misfortune of witnessed events his nature prevents him from keeping this promise.

I really like most of the characters from this game, but Yuri is just such an overpowering and impressive character.

However, the gameplay suffers from artificial intelligence quite a bit. It's a bit sad really. the series took a step up from Tales of Symphonia in terms of gameplay when Tales of the Abyss came out, Tales of the Abyss had crappier characters (besides Jade) but massively better gameplay, and now we have Tales of Vesperia where the oppopsite philosophy of WoW Boss encounters applies: the more melee you have the better your party will be!

Karol and Raven both have healing abilities on top of their good defensive status and amounts of health. Rita has low health and when enemies target her she has no uptime on her offense because she can't even get a cast off.

but really the worst offenders are the fact that you can't switch targets on the last few seconds of a heal and that your melee characters won't even try to combo. They'll hit a boss like twice before they move back and run back in. Because of this, they usually take a lot of easily avoidable damage.

The game is clearly still playable... But you're going to notice when derpadurrrr runs back in and gets himself killed 2 times in a row.

Well, despite the fact that my 360 is a glorified DVD player right now...my top five, in no particular order, are...

1) Alan Wake - The PS3 got Heavy Rain, the 360 got Alan Wake. The 360 definetely got the better end of the bargain. The narrative in this game was incredible, and the last game I played that screwed with my mind so thoroughly was Eternal Darkness, back in the days of the Gamecube. Although the shadowy enemies were somewhat cheesy, the foggy scenery was pretty damn atmospheric, and there were points when it genuinely scared me. A messed-up masterpiece.

2) The Last Remnant - This game was murderously hard. But the battle system was unique, the soundtrack was brilliant, and the storyline wasn't too bad, either. But I'm never going to forgive them for the Curse status effect. I thought I'd seen it all, but that really took the cake. I have never seen a more abusive status effect in an RPG before, and I hope I never will again.

3) Magna Carta 2 - This game needs more appreciation. Sure, it was filled with some of the worst tried-and-true plot devices in the history of RPGs, but it was highly enjoyable. It wasn't too short, some of the characters (Rue in particular) were quite interesting, the voice acting was brilliant and the battle system actually required some strategy. Definetely an improvement over the dismal PS2 game.

4) Mass Effect - Well, this HAD to be on my list somewhere. It took me a while to warm up to it, but once I did...definetely the start of something special. Excellent combat, an interesting storyline, a character relationship system that allowed me to be a complete bastard and STILL get someone to sleep with me, plus two more games that will build on the choices made? Epic win. The PS3 might have Mass Effect 2, but it's definetely a lesser experience without playing this game first.

5) Star Ocean: The Last Hope - Despite the disc-switching being a royal pain in the arse, I preferred playing this on the 360 to the PS3, and this remains one of my all-time favourite games. Asides from Edge's mind-blowing emo performance, the storyline and characters (asides Meracle) were both fantastic, the music was some of Sakuraba's finest, the real-time combat remains the best of any game ever, and the post-game optional dungeons were just insane. The Star Ocean series is consistently brilliant, and this game was no exception.

My current top favorite games are as follows, in no particular order >

1. Mass Effect - My favorite 360 game, great story, awesome characters, the affect of your actions integrated from one game to the next, keeping the same character through out all games. I could go on.....

2. Lost Odyssey - The first Jrpg since Final Fantasy to keep me up all night till I completed the majority of it, including every sidequest bare the treasure trove and arena, apart fro FFVII I never actually bother with those kind've quests. Never wanted this game to finish, because I loved the characters so much. My issue with long games is that when you finish it, it's all over. Plus I liked the FF references it had, and reading the dreams, gave you more input about Kaim, and the ending was unforgettable. lol

3 Gears Of War - Love the series and the books make me feel closer to the characters, when I read the Gears novels, then play the game it feels very different, because my appreciation for the characters has grown. You basically get to know the characters more in the books. Plus I find third person shooters enjoyable too, and it has a lot of replay value, never get tired of it.

4 Dragon Age - Took me a while to get into it, but when I did I couldn't keep away from it. This game has a lot in it, from Wonderland style quests to settling the matter at hand. Most people are put off by the dialogue, but the dialogue is probably the game's strong point. In debt conversations with some of the most interesting characters in gaming history gives me one of the far better gaming experiences in a while.

5. Left 4 Dead - Well I had to put an FpS here, and as much fun as I had playing Halo and others, have to say Left 4 Dead/2 gave me a lot of laughs, tears and zombies (before other games took the zombie route, apart from WaW). It's a lot of fun playing with other people, which I suppose it was designed for, and Valve pulled that off very well indeed. Plus it's got lots of features and replay value to last a long time.

Due to the lack of time spent on my 360 through University, I can only really name a top 3.

1. Portal 2 - This has to be one of the best games I've played this year. The gameplay and script were both incredible. The puzzles were all perfect; challenging, yet not frustrating, and therefore satisfying to complete. The single player and co-op combined led to a lengthy game, well worth the full price. I couldn't fault it.
  2. Final Fantasy XIII - Despite the negative criticism this game gets, I think the story, gameplay and overall design are all pretty solid.
  3. Red Dead Redemption - Extremely enjoyable. The characters are great and the script is witty. The world is so vast and, because there's so much to do, fun to explore. The side-quests with random characters make the world feel more realistic too.

1) Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

The first Call of Duty to truly capture my attention. It's also the first FPS game I've played online multiplayer on and the first for the Xbox 360, so this is very significant for me. I've spent 100's of hours playing it, getting all the Achievements and leveling up to 4th Prestige (the only CoD game I've prestiged in). It was a simple leveling system with enough challenges to complete, not like later CoDs that had to complicate everything and add so much crap. It also had the best story of the series.

2) Halo 3

This is the second Xbox 360 game I got and the 2nd to play multiplayer on. Like CoD, I spent 100's of hours in ranked/unranked games, especially Big Team Battle. Many hours were also spent playing custom Infection game modes. The campaign wasn't as strong as it could've been, but it was fun. The multiplayer was the big game winner, despite having a... weird leveling system.

3) The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and TES IV: Oblivion

Two of the best RPGs I've played. Large worlds, many things to do, sidequests to keep you busy. Main stories are good. Environments are pretty to look at. Despite numerous bugs, most are minor. Some even are humorous and adds to the richness of both games.

4) The Orange Box

5 games in one = awesome. Definitely meant to play all the Half-Life games and Portal (a whole ball game itself). Earth is so... otherworldy. I can feel the struggle of humankind to survive against the combine. And Portal, one of the greatest meme starting games. GlaDOS is one of my favorite villains.

5) Left 4 Dead 1 and 2.

Zombie apocalypse, surviving together with friends. A variety of different special infected and wave after wave of zombies storming you. I really like how you have to stick together and be on alert so as to not be raped by a horde.

Alright I have to say that my top favorite five games are...

1. The Mass Effect series - All three games are great. The characters, setting, story and the ability to create your own Shepard and import him/her into the next game in the series is fantastic. I have put so MUCH time into those games, and done every class from ME1 both paragon and renegade.

2. Borderlands 2 - Great story, memorable characters, well written and full of off beat humor. The art style is interesting but does not detract from the gameplay which is fantastic in itself. LOTS of guns and loot to make your head spin!

3. Halo: Reach/ Halo 4 - Two great Halo games with great stories. The multiplayer in both is a lot of fun. I however like Forge mode the best, as an artist I enjoy creating maps and things in Forge. The music in the Halo games are very good too. I own the soundtracks. I do prefer Halo: Reach a bit more than Halo 4.

4. Tomb Raider - This 2013 revamp of TR with Camilla Luddington as Lara I really enjoyed. Crystal Dynamics did a FANTASTIC job with the story, the setting was great, the acting was good too. The game is under the banner of Square Enix and it drew me in. Square knows how to pick developers with high potential. They didn't disappoint.
Which is why I liked LR:FF13 and look forward to trying the other two FF:13 games.

5. The Assassin's Creee series (AC2, AC3 and AC4: Black Flag being top faves of mine) is a fantastic seies that blends fiction with non-fiction. I like it how your Assassin character (Ezio, Connor, Edward) often interacts with real life people who actually existed in the past or real events that really happened. These games are always very large and expansive, there is so much to see and do. I easily get sucked into these types of open world games.

Well, that's my five for ya.

Back