Nightmare on Elm Street

DLFlux

Boats and hoes....
Veteran
Gil
Trailer:

Looks pretty good....though the thought of Bay doing it is sickening.

Loved the original, found the idea of something fucking with your head and then killing you in your dreams alot more scary than just having some roided up maniac walking around stabbin' the shit out've everyone, or some ugly ass alien/monster trollin' about munching on people's limbs and shit.

Hopefully it won't be a let down, me likey Freddy. <3

Trailer:

Looks pretty good....though the thought of Bay doing it is sickening.

Loved the original, found the idea of something fucking with your head and then killing you in your dreams alot more scary than just having some roided up maniac walking around stabbin' the shit out've everyone, or some ugly ass alien/monster trollin' about munching on people's limbs and shit.

Hopefully it won't be a let down, me likey Freddy. <3
I agree, the premise is an interesting one and far better than most horror movies because there is no escape, they all have try to stay awake but eventually they fall asleep and then they're vunerable. The only problem I have with the movies is that they all follow the exact same formula, though that's a criticism that can be levelled at most horror movies, they face Freddy a couple of times some of the supporting actors get killed, then the final girl has a showdown with Freddy.
I'd prefer that Bay had nothing to do with it, because the rest of the film is probably explosions and giant robots hitting each other.
Furthermore I think remaking old movies is lazy, particularly horror movies. They've already remade Friday the 13th, next it'll probably be Halloween.

Halloween's been done, Rob Zombie directed it. It wasn't too bad, though I've heard people rant about how crap it is, it's not brilliant, but an alright watch. There's a second one coming soon, apparently.

I loved the remake of Halloween. However Im not impressed with Bay getting his hands on another childhood favourite ... man must die. Although I like the idea of Jackie Earle Haley playing Freddie. There is of course only one Freddie, but Haley did a coolio job of Rorschach.

The remake of the original was pretty good aside from the dull characters...

The original A Nightmare on Elm Street is actually my favorite horror movie of all time. It was SO well done... A lot of things were VERY realistic and other scenes were very corny and cheesy, but it managed to scare me all the same!

If you don't mind relatively dated visuals then there is nothing wrong with the original and I highly recommend it.

i thought the remake of it was absolutely awful. i hated that they tried to make freddy kreuger a bullied character, and make it seem as though he was unjustly persecuted. he's a child rapist/murderer, there is no redemption from that. it had none of the style of the original, and none of the fear or creepy effect. i was massively let down.

i did think jackie earle haley was probably the only man who could take over from robert englund though. i was only right to a certain extent.

A Nightmare on Elm Street is my favorite horror movie since Freddy Krueger is my personal favorite character of all times. I enjoyed watching every single movie more than the other old horror movies such as Friday the 13th, Chucky, Hellraiser, IT, etc.

Back