Anime Last Anime You Watched

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a lot on the go, for a change. At the moment, I'm currently keeping up with...

Hyperdimension Neptunia: The Animation - I'm in two minds about this, to be honest. It has definitely had its moments - episode 6 was hilarious; I haven't laughed so hard at an anime since I first saw Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei - but it feels like they're trying to cover all three games in 12 episodes, and the 'serious plot' parts really aren't very good. I think it'd be infinitely better dubbed as well. But overall, it's alright. I've seen worse.

Rozen Maiden - The new one, Zuruckspulen or something. I already know where this is headed, so I'm both enjoying it and looking forward to seeing how they're going to handle Kirakishou going batshit crazy. The animation for this one is gorgeous.

Attack on Titan - ...meh. I started watching this to see what the fuss was all about, and this is just another Madoka to me. That is, something that has an unreasonable amount of hype. It's considerably better than Madoka, because they're taking the time to do things properly by giving it more than 12 measly episodes, but this really isn't anything special. But it deserves the attention it gets a lot more than Code Geass did. It's quite horrific at points, but it doesn't really have any impact on me for some reason. At least, not since the first episode where the protagonist's mother was bitten in half in exaggerated fashion.

Daybreak Illusion - I like this. A lot. The art style is unique (unique in a good way) and the premise is the kind of thing I'd want to RP...tarot-themed magical girls. I'm not a huge lover of "dark" magical girl anime, but this one is something a little more interesting. Maybe I'll review it when it's finished or something. Whatever happens, it can't be any more disappointing than Vividred Operation.

Dokidoki Precure
- This is losing steam a bit for me...since Cure Ace's dramatic reveal, things seem to have slowed down a bit, and whilst it's doing an admirable job of avoiding the filler that's plagued every other Precure season to date, the "you must get stronger!" episodes weren't very exciting. Ace herself is still something of a mystery, which makes her an extremely difficult character to feel anything for, and the absence of characters who have been quite prominent before this - Regina, Joe, the Princess, even the apparently awake King Selfishness - makes it all a bit anticlimactic. Still going to keep watching it, though.

Fate/Zero - I was badgered into watching this, and I'm actually quite enjoying it, now that I know who everyone is. It's giving me all sorts of RP ideas, which can only be a good thing. I like the concept (although I'd like to see a little more cultural and historical diversity) and it has a very good dub cast. I doubt I'll watch Fate/Stay after this, but I'm hoping Zero will be good whilst it lasts.

I rewatched a few episodes of Madoka Magica. I really loved it the first time, and I like it even more the second time. If only it wasn't so sad... :(

Oh, and Kyoko/Sayaka forever. JS

I'm watching the Witchblade anime, although I have absolutely no idea why. It's one of those seriously crappy adaptations of good source material...like the godawful Dragon Age and Mass Effect anime movies, although they've made an entire bloody series out of it. I've seen worse, but I have seen a lot better. Still, I didn't buy the DVDs, and there isn't much else to watch in the evening.

I recently finished watching the English version of Mirrai Nikki. (Future diaries) Overall the dub was pretty good. The voice selections for some took me awhile to get used to but in time they grew on me. I especially enjoyed the excellent job they did at matching the script with the animation. Overall I was satisfied with their performance to one of my favorite animes.

I don't know how this anime managed to elude me, but I recently got through watching Code Geass. OH MY GOD, this is by far the best anime I have ever seen. It kept me hooked from episode 1 all the way through R2. I loved the story and how similar the protagonist was the Death Note's Light Yagami. Lelouch was just a marvel of an anime character. I loved all the mind games and tactics incorporated into the show. Just bloody brilliant! I hope I can find an anime like it again!

I don't know how this anime managed to elude me, but I recently got through watching Code Geass. OH MY GOD, this is by far the best anime I have ever seen. It kept me hooked from episode 1 all the way through R2. I loved the story and how similar the protagonist was the Death Note's Light Yagami. Lelouch was just a marvel of an anime character. I loved all the mind games and tactics incorporated into the show. Just bloody brilliant! I hope I can find an anime like it again!

I know exactly how you feel, code geass is quite a brilliant anime and Lelouch is an amazing character :)

For me I have been watching the newly released anime Log Horizon which shares a similar trait to Sword Art Online with people being trapped in an MMO game. It is ok but there are still issues I have with it but I won't spoil it in case no one has seen it yet.

Watched the first episode of the Blazblue anime, it was alright, I guess, it a budget show made by a crap director, what was i expecting.

I got Kyoukai no Kanata and Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica to watch, can't wait to start

I watched bleach last week on my labtop. Tonight I will watch the new episode today. I think I am at episodes 325 if I'm not mistaken. Going to watch episode 326 tonight if I don't miss it.

I'm watching NouKome at the moment. Only because the full title (which translates to something like "My Mental Choices Are Completely Interfering With My School Romantic Comedy") amused me, and past experiences with anime with ridiculous titles - Chuu2 and OniAi, for example - are that they can be extremely entertaining. This one has a very bizarre premise, but I've chuckled a couple of times. Eh, it'll occupy me until I find something else to watch...Queen's Blade has been fully dubbed, so I might move on to that next.

Steins;Gate was the last anime I watched. I'm also in the mid of One Piece, SAO and Guilty Crown, but I haven't felt much in the mood to see them lately. If anyone knows any anime like Death Note, Code Geass, Mirai Nikki, I'd be thankful for the tip.

^ Mobile Suit Gundam 00. It's like Code Geass, only with a proper plot, decent characters, and proper mobile suits. So, like Code Geass, but watchable...just about. Like Code Geass, it's filled with pretentious bullshit and political hypocrisy. I prefer the Universal Century works, but I wouldn't recommend those first...not if you actually liked Code Geass, anyway. Which appalls me, by the way.

Anyways. At the moment, I am (re)watching Steins;Gate, because I realized I have been through countless disappointments anime-wise this year, having forced myself to watch the likes of Fate/Zero, Attack on Titan and I need/want something with an actual plot...plus the movie has FINALLY been subbed, and I need to refresh my memory. Plus, Mayushii. I need no other reason, really.

Log Horizon and Sword Art Online. Im seeing which is alot more fun between the two. Both share strengths and flaws aye.

I actually am taking a big step back in time, a series I regret never finishing was Cowboy Bebop. I started from Ep1 (a good idea I believe) and I'm loving it so far.

♥;1079306 said:
^ Mobile Suit Gundam 00. It's like Code Geass, only with a proper plot, decent characters, and proper mobile suits. So, like Code Geass, but watchable...just about. Like Code Geass, it's filled with pretentious bullshit and political hypocrisy. I prefer the Universal Century works, but I wouldn't recommend those first...not if you actually liked Code Geass, anyway. Which appalls me, by the way.
Why? What was that bad about the plot or the characters? It did have some political incoherence but to hate it like that.. Personally, I really liked the final message it conveyed and I found both the characters and the plot thrilling.

Also, I am now watching Trigun. Been meaning to see it for a while and finally got around to it.. I'm still in the beginning, but it seems enjoyable.

Also, I am now watching Trigun. Been meaning to see it for a while and finally got around to it.. I'm still in the beginning, but it seems enjoyable

I've been watching Trigun too! It made me very happy that Netflix made it available (subbed and dubbed) on Instant Stream, since I don't have a premium Crunchy Roll account and I like watching anime and J-dramas on my PS3... I remember secretly staying up late to watch Trigun on Adult Swim when I was little, so it's very nostalgic for me, although it's a lot cornier than I remember it being... But when you're like 10, anything involving gun fights can really seem like some serious shit. *shrugs* I appreciate the setting Nightow created more too, now that I'm older and have expanded tastes... when I was little the Western-inspired world didn't pique my interest too terribly much, but now I'm really diggin' the space Western thing.

Mobile Suit Gundam 00. It's like Code Geass, only with a proper plot, decent characters, and proper mobile suits. So, like Code Geass, but watchable...just about. Like Code Geass, it's filled with pretentious bullshit and political hypocrisy. I prefer the Universal Century works, but I wouldn't recommend those first...not if you actually liked Code Geass, anyway. Which appalls me, by the way.

Though I liked a lot of things about Code Geass and thought it was good at keeping your attention if nothing else, I have to agree also that it had a lot of tropes and holes. I daresay Gundam is what Code Geass hopes to be when it grows up. Do tell about this Universal Century?

This NouKome definitely sounds interesting as well... I know whenever I see anything with a random weird ass title, anime or TV show or movie or what-have-you, I have to watch it. Haha

^ Mobile Suit Gundam 00.

-reps for watching one of the best gundam series ever-

Dunno which season your on but be prepared for the saying "Trans-Am!" to be spammed xD and lesse oh you may wanna avoid the movie Awakening of the Trailblazer, while its goodish its more talky talky and less shooting least till the final battle :x

AVOID SEED if you value your braincells! D: and yeah UC is a great storyline but its so long people getting into gundam for the first time would get lost.... ALOT

Most recent thing I watched was... Persona 3 Spring of Birth, Freaking amazing, they followed the game damn well and are developing Minato's character well :D

I implore everyone to give Nichijou and Daily lives of High School Boys a watch, these animes are a diferent level of funny (and these were the last two animes i watched). Did i mention Daily Lives was published by Square Enix :woot:

Dunno which season your on but be prepared for the saying "Trans-Am!" to be spammed xD and lesse oh you may wanna avoid the movie Awakening of the Trailblazer, while its goodish its more talky talky and less shooting least till the final battle :x
Ugh, the movie was awful. They just HAD to go with aliens. AND they killed off Mr. Bushido! I was not pleased. But at least it didn't make a mess of the characters like Char's Counterattack did...he was the sole reason I watched the original season and Zeta; what the hell happened?!

AVOID SEED if you value your braincells! D: and yeah UC is a great storyline but its so long people getting into gundam for the first time would get lost.... ALOT
A lot of people I've spoken to about Gundam have said that...it can't be any worse than Wing, surely. I got bored after about 10 episodes of that. It didn't help that Duo Maxwell was voiced by the guy who voiced Rattrap in Beast Wars...I couldn't take anything he said seriously. xD

Eh, it's on my to-do list, but it's not a very high priority...I need to watch Unicorn first. Now that they've FINALLY released it all. The wait has been bearable, since I've not watched any of it yet, but just playing the stages in DWG3 have piqued my curiosity. I'll get the gist of the plot from Gundam Reborn and make my decision based on that. Ahahaha.

I'm watching Gundam Build Fighters and selector infected WIXOSS at the moment...mostly because both are getting second seasons in the near future and I want to watch the first before I go download crazy. I'm loving the shameless references to past seasons in the former. The latter...eh, I'm not seeing where the Madoka Clone accusations are coming from, any more than I did with Daybreak Illusion. A card game anime that doesn't actually focus on the cards is a nice change, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back