Anime Last Anime You Watched

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh, the movie was awful. They just HAD to go with aliens. AND they killed off Mr. Bushido! I was not pleased. But at least it didn't make a mess of the characters like Char's Counterattack did...he was the sole reason I watched the original season and Zeta; what the hell happened?!

A lot of people I've spoken to about Gundam have said that...it can't be any worse than Wing, surely. I got bored after about 10 episodes of that. It didn't help that Duo Maxwell was voiced by the guy who voiced Rattrap in Beast Wars...I couldn't take anything he said seriously. xD

Eh, it's on my to-do list, but it's not a very high priority...I need to watch Unicorn first. Now that they've FINALLY released it all. The wait has been bearable, since I've not watched any of it yet, but just playing the stages in DWG3 have piqued my curiosity. I'll get the gist of the plot from Gundam Reborn and make my decision based on that. Ahahaha.

I'm watching Gundam Build Fighters and selector infected WIXOSS at the moment...mostly because both are getting second seasons in the near future and I want to watch the first before I go download crazy. I'm loving the shameless references to past seasons in the former. The latter...eh, I'm not seeing where the Madoka Clone accusations are coming from, any more than I did with Daybreak Illusion. A card game anime that doesn't actually focus on the cards is a nice change, though.

Yep the ELS kinda fucked the storyline, it would have been better if they used Qant Fullsaber and completely wrecked those nasty buggers instead of going down the whole peace and love thing :x slowed the story down a ton, Char's (Casval Deikun) character is a very complex storyline, in the beginning he was the enemy of the Federation after his apparent defeat to Ray in the Zeong battle at Space fortress A Buoa Qu he survived and hid from everyone even zeon and became Bejeena, until in Zeta his true identity was revealed, after which I'm not sure what his actions were cause I haven't watched ZZ or the later UC storylines, but the end in char's counterattack he simply wanted to destroy the earth and launch the spacenoids as the superior race who deserved to move humanity on (iirc could be mistaken since I havent seen it in years)

lol Duo was pretty much comedy relief in the first half, Wing gets better later on and endless waltz is amazing as well once you fully watched wing, I heard they're going to animate the manga which officially ends the Wing Series with a shock.

Unicorn is probably one of the best storylines in the UC universe the ending was a bit hit and miss for me I suppose but I like how they ended it.

Gundam build fighters is one of the best new gundam animes out right now, it moves a bit slow and kinda friendly at the beginning but when the tournament gets started it gets alot more exciting (although do not hope to see Aqua Discharge Mode because it seems that they never really used it in the anime from what I could tell) its pretty much what G gundam shoulda been xD Season 2 is probably going to be epic since the series ended on such a good note ;D

Gah I watch to many shows I have 6 weekly episodic shows that I watch and in between that I tend to watch another series or two during that week. My week is consumed by work, games, anime, drawing :D in that order as well. The last show I watched was the Ecchi Highschool DxD and DxD New (Series 2) great plot but a bit overshadowed by boob and panty shots. Devils, Fallen Angels and God's Angels duking it out how is that not interesting haha

Current anime that i am watching is Phi Brain. Its about a boy solving puzzles in order to save world. Its average anime.

The last anime I've watched and completed was Fullmetal Alchemist./Brotherhood :britt:

I have to say that it is by far my favorite anime so far.

Though I am a noob when it comes to anime... so that doesn't help :hmmm:

It's one of the few shows, for that matter, that kept me wanting more. I'm still in denial :sad3:

noooooooooooo it can't be oveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer. :cry:

Brotherhood and the manga ended well however unlike the original animes ending. Watch that if you wish to learn about true sense of unfinished and general feelings of ARERGHDJDAFNKJDIFNISDJUF at the eternal realization it'll never be fixed.

Last thing I watched was Gundam Wing (still to look up the movie). For some reason I've watched a few GD series (both SEEDs, Unicorn and now Wing), probably set myself up for better shows like season 2 of Aldnoah Zero and the like. The true test for me however is the Evangelion Rebuild movies. Still unsure if to watch now and spend a year theory crafting over Anno's bs or to wait until the last one then watch them all in a oner and feel bad for the rest of the month.

Just ended up watching the first season of Trinity Seven and was surprised to see how close it went with the manga, since most anime adaptations go sideways in plot to their manga counterparts. In short this guy decides to become a mage when his first two choice were a mind wipe or death. He does this to save his cousin who was like a sister to him whom vanished due to this thing called a breakdown phenomena in which a new world basically gets made. So he goes to this school that's mostly populated by girls since magic is more emotional in this sense, and girls use their emotions more(still some male mages just not a whole lot). Also ones magic is based on one of the seven deadly sins and a sub part called thema which is generally the farthest away opposite of ones values and such. So it's him learning magic based on rule "imperium" of the pride archive and trying to save his friend with the help of the trinity seven who are the top students in their archive they study.

I dont watch alot of Anime, but I'm currently in the process of watching Kiba. I think there's 60 episodes? Somewhere around there.
Anime network channel on Youtube ftw :elmo:

Currently watching both Plastic Memories and Akatsuki no Yona. Sadly both of them suffer from the same issue of having a really interesting setup and then not actually exploring it very well, but I'm not passing judgment until I've finished both. They're enjoyable even if not perfect, anyways!

I recently finished watching Vampire Knight. It was a pretty interesting anime, though one of the main characters really irritated me. I hope the rumors of an OVA being made are true.....

I'm currently re-watching Air. It's a strange anime to be sure, and parts of it went over my head last time I watched it, but despite this I really loved it. Since it's summer again I'm going to give it another whirl and see if I can understand the parts that escaped me and hopefully notice new aspects of this show.

Last I watched was "Major" all the seasons, I was in the mood to watch a sports anime, Major is a baseball anime but I've enjoyed it a lot, though at times I got bored by the repetitive bad luck the protagonist has, it was overall an enjoyable experience.

Finished Fate/ Stay Night (Unlimited Blade Works) a few weeks ago and loved every second of it, This anime quickly and decisively became my number one favourite, so thanks to Squall-Leonhart for the spot on recommendation and the Crunchyroll passes!!!

Currently giving Akame ga Kill a go after a good friend of mine finished seeing it himself and passed on a recommendation. Watched four episodes so far and I have to say, I've never seen anything like it. I mean, that first episode...WHAT A TWIST!!! :gasp2:

Nothing terribly exciting but I've been watching DB:Super as it comes out each week... If only for the nostalgia. Loved the show as a kid.

Gotta say that it's really freaking ugly though. Must be trying to push the budget because some episodes look like the assets were created in 5 minutes with MS paint. Animation itself is hardly anything to write home about either... BUT, I'll keep watching as long as it's somewhat interesting >.>

Finished Fate/ Stay Night (Unlimited Blade Works) a few weeks ago and loved every second of it, This anime quickly and decisively became my number one favourite, so thanks to @Squall-Leonhart for the spot on recommendation and the Crunchyroll passes!!!

Currently giving Akame ga Kill a go after a good friend of mine finished seeing it himself and passed on a recommendation. Watched four episodes so far and I have to say, I've never seen anything like it. I mean, that first episode...WHAT A TWIST!!! :gasp2:

First off your very welcome.

Secondly beware of Akame ga kill I thought it was good too but my god I didn't like how it started to end >_> its a VERY hit or miss fanbase

Thirdly (Watch Gundam Build Fighters next Galadin though thats on youtube ;D)

Anywho my last few animes I've seen are...

Gundam Build Fighters Try - Episode 25 Our Gunpla (good episode to leave off on till the OVA's get made)
Persona 3 The Movie 2 A Midsummers Knight - The persona movies are supremely amazing probably the best damn movie I've watched!
Gundam 00 Awakening of the Trailblazer - another good movie although the connection bit was a bit forced

I'm coming to the end of Seven Deadly Sins lately (5 eps left out of 24) and I'm surprised how much I've liked it :lew:. The plot is nothing original (but anime is barely all that original), but the way it's told is so relaxing to just sit back and watch.

It's a fantasy anime where the main character has to go around collecting old friends (party members). There's plenty more to it (loads of villains, threats, dangers, fun tournaments etc etc). The way the characters interact is grand :monocle:. There's some dark, bloody stuff sometimes too, but it's not done all that much.

Once I've finished this, I'd like to move on to Erase (or is it Erased?). I'm not too sure what that's about but a few people have recommended it and it's a mystery anime; my favourite sort, good sirs and madams.

I was watching alot of Black Butler when I was off work. That Anime was quite fantastic. Once I got to season 2 it seemed like I was getting told of other shows to watch and it got me sidetracked. So, sadly, I haven't watched any of season 2 :sad3:

I've been told that Hulu is the way to go for Anime too. I may wind up getting that soon so I can check out some more Anime xD

I just finished rewatching Mirai Nikki in Emnglish, the Dub was alright, the Yuno done a better job that i thought she would, I also recently finished watching bokunaro, It a mecha anime, a very sad one, that kinda turns the genre on it's head, serriously reccomend it.

I'm currently watching the Disapperance of Nagato Yuki-chan, it a spin off to haruhi where nobody have their powers etc. It follows Yuki trying to win Keron's heart, it a pretty nice slice of life comedy, it fun

I'm currently watching the Disapperance of Nagato Yuki-chan

Hey, me too! I'm only a few episodes in but I think the show has gotten a bad rap. No, it's no Haruhi Season 3, but it's not supposed to be, and if you know what's going on it's actually deceptively brilliant. Fun show.

On the complete opposite end of the spectrum the most recent thing I watched was Re:Zero, which may just be the biggest thing to happen to anime since Attack on Titan--and unlike AoT, it actually deserves all the attention. Not a show for the faint of heart, but it's incredibly well-done.

Hey, me too! I'm only a few episodes in but I think the show has gotten a bad rap. No, it's no Haruhi Season 3, but it's not supposed to be, and if you know what's going on it's actually deceptively brilliant. Fun show.

On the complete opposite end of the spectrum the most recent thing I watched was Re:Zero, which may just be the biggest thing to happen to anime since Attack on Titan--and unlike AoT, it actually deserves all the attention. Not a show for the faint of heart, but it's incredibly well-done.

your totally right, you need to go in with the head of 'it not haruhi, it a spin off', or you will get disappointed, but as a normal slice of life, it a great show

I'm currently watching Final Fantasy XV: Brotherhood and I really love it! And also the original Saint Seiya anime series which I started watching a few weeks ago. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back