Anime Last Anime You Watched

Status
Not open for further replies.
Azumanga Daioh!
I got onto about the sixth episode I think. It's the only anime my friend has ever liked, so I decided to try it. Although the storyline is quite slow, I found it pretty funny, and the characters are really likeable.
7/10 so far :D

ouran high school host club, I liked it very much 8/10 :D

Mod's Edit: Please put more effort into your post. Next time, talk about what you liked about the episode or anything else that pops into your head, please.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not that into anime, and somehow I suspect most of them to have a lot of fighting and scantilly clothed women to make up for the lack of good story. But recently I started to watch some episodes of Cowboy Bebop and I'm positively suprised. The story is quite interesting so far and the characters are funny/interesting (although still with a quite small wardrobe for the girl..:P). Also, the jazz soundtrack is brilliant, love it.

Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. 2nd Gig.

I'm not entirely sure what was going on, I just bought a random lot of episodes because it was on sale and it looked interesting. I put it on last night late though, so I kind of just fell asleep to it.

From what I did see, it seemed good. The intro song was really nice, I'll have to say. I think I'll start it up again today to get more of an idea of what was going on. I was surprised how good it looked on my non-HDTV, but then again it IS anime :wacky:

7/10

Pokemon: since not many people have seen this show as clarified by the mods I should elaborate on it. (Boy+electro rat x pedophile scientist/badass rival)+ a world of monsters on crack= adventure.

I Went back and watched the old school episodes and I realized the passion in ash's eyes that I couldn't see when I was younger when he rushed to the hospital because pikachu got wrecked. Also I noticed Team Rocket's evil ambition, the pure malice in their actions was almost mind wrecking I still can't understand how they could stare themselves in the mirror each morning knowing what empty chaos their lives stand for. Along with the high pitched vocals and Ash's pre-mature man tits, this show was and is pure gold. (Though they need an episode based on kabutops)

Last edited:
Funnily enough while I'm playing through Disgaea 2 on my PSP, I thought I'll revisit the Disgaea anime based off the first game starring Laharl, Etna and Flonne. I'm watching it with English subtitles- which I thankfully do not find irritating- I'm rather used to subs :P

It's different from the game in some ways. For starters- you don't have the beginning scene with Etna unsuccessfully trying to kill Laharl with an entire arsenal of weaponry. I love the Earth Defense Force as ever. Though Jennifer was the one I didn't really like because of her demeanour which is constantly done repeatedly.

Last anime episode I watched was Naruto Shippuden episode 26. Naruto and Kakashi continue to pursue Deidara while Sakura and Chiyo continue the battle with Sasori. Sakura manages to shatter Sasori’s puppet body, but he gathers himself together again. Chiyo summons the Ten Puppets of Chikamatsu. Sasori, remarking on Chiyo’s ability to control so many puppets, summons one hundred human puppets and the final battle begins. Sakura and Chiyo seem to trap and defeat Sasori but, under cover of the battle, Sasori, who had transferred himself to another puppet, attacks Chiyo from behind. Sakura intercedes, taking the sword thrust meant for Chiyo.

Last edited:
trinity blood - such a warped anime but brilliant, each of the episodes seemed to be randomly placed. For instance you would watch the season you would know that the characters are set 900 years after a battle of humans vs vampires so you would assume the story would continue that but instead your pulled into a world where there is a war between the vatican and the empire. Then it becomes even more weirder in the sense that amongst all this you come across a vampire who feeds off vampires.

The reason it is brilliant even though highly confusing is because the anime is actually a sci-fi, fantasy and politically based anime and that is what pulled me to it and makes it interesting. That is if you can actually sit through the episodes where each one doesnt start off from the previous one which is what we are use to the most with animes.

VAMPIRE HUNTER D - 1985 MOVIE

This movie is a oldie but one of the best in my eyes because it was what animation was all about. Not teeny characters who irritate the hell out of you. But a decent storyline and characters with numerous twists. This movie is basically about a girl whose father is a deceased werewolf hunter. She is attacked by a count who decides to make her his bride. she hires d in hope to stop him but ends up being pulled into the whole world of being the pawn between the characters,

it is a brilliant anime but is very very dark. well worth watching, if you can watch this then check out vampire hunter d bloodlust as well.

Mod's Edit: Could you please expand on your post? What is it about the anime that makes it warped, but brilliant? Next time, please elaborate. =]

will do apologys, i never meant to send this, when i shut my laptop it must have sent. i actually had another anime to add to this lol.

Last edited:
Heat Guy J. It's about an android called J and his partner (okay, other way around, but it's titular) who fight crime in some fictional city. I watched it in German because I wanted the practice, but it was worth it. I have found my dark-clothed, silver-haired bad-ass.

Last anime..I saw yesterday 253 Bleach and One Piece.. :D

[Mod Edit: Can you please elaborate on your posts in post count areas. Maybe tell us about the anime etc. Why you liked/didn't like it. One liners are usually classed as spam in post count sections. Thanks. =)]

last anime I have been watching by myself has been Ah! My Goddess season 1. Got a few more eps.

I already saw this but I watched it with some of my friends and just finished an hour or so ago was Baccano

Last anime I have watched was Basilisk. Watched all episodes in 3 days lol and its a good anime if you like historic/Feudal japan stuff.

Currently I'm watching All Purpose Cultural Cat Girl Nuku Nuku TV. Ha. Its an older anime, but I remembered having watched a few episode a couple years ago so I started watching more of it. It's pretty good so far. It reminds me of Lucky Star and Azumanga Diaoh in the respect that it has pretty much no main story, its just random and cute. It's pretty short and I'm about half way done with it.

Last anime I have watched was Basilisk. Watched all episodes in 3 days lol and its a good anime if you like historic/Feudal japan stuff.

Basilisk was pretty decent. It got better as it went along. Watched it in two days with some friends.

Im almost done with the first season of Ah! my Goddess. I have like one ep left. I have the first set of Hayate the Combat Butler coming, as well as Dragonball season 3 and Soul Eater season 1 part 1 coming soon.

Finished Ah my goddess season one and am almost halfway through season 2

Mod's Edit: Could you please expand on your post? What did you like about it? This is a post count section and posts like these may be deleted next time.

I've been watching Angelic Layer recently...its alright, I guess. You can tell its a CLAMP anime - Misaki looks almost exactly like Sakura, and Hatoko looks almost exactly like Tomoyo. I wish they wouldn't re-use character designs so much.

Its set before Chobits (that was such a funny series...) I believe, and is apparently yet another anime that focuses on the relationship between humans and robots. Honestly...after Ghost in the Shell, any anime I've watched that is like that has just seemed bland and rather shallow. But its still quite funny (Icchan is constantly making me cackle) and I like the designs of the angels (especially Blanche and Shirahime) for the most part.

I want to murder Tamayo, though...her dub voice really, REALLY grates my ears. As does her personality. I'd like to know who thought up the rules to Angelic Layer, as well - electric whips are bad, but air slashes, wings and invisible force-fields are alright? Hmm. How very strange.

I can't get over how bad Misaki's mother is, either...ditching her child for years to work on a children's game with the end of curing her own disability. How unbelievably selfish! Yet nobody seems to notice this!

The last one I watched was Devil May Cry, which was surprisingly good but really short--I think it only had 12 episodes. I was surprised because the game hadn't really looked that interesting to me, but the story seemed really well suited for an anime, and though I had been expecting Dante to come across as kind of cold and one-dimensional based on his job, he actually had an interesting personality. It kept confusing me, though, that there was a character named Lady, because whenever the little girl kept calling her name, I just thought she was saying "Hey, lady!" :rolleyes:

Another one I watched fairly recently was Last Exile. Totally amazing, great characters, great world, great story, etc, and yet they had to go and pack it all into one season.:yell:They probably could've made it into 3 or 4, if they'd expanded on everything as much as they should have. I guess if you liked Claus and Lavie the best, it was fulfilling enough, but I wanted to see more about Dio, the Guild, and Alex Row. That was the best part of the story IMO.

Gilgamesh.

I saw this one while browsing Netflix for something to watch. The summary sounded interesting enough so I gave it a shot. I've only seen three episodes so far but it is pretty interesting. It has a post-apocalyptic setting, a theme I usually enjoy as long as it's done well. The only issue I have so far is that a lot of the characters are similar-looking and I keep getting them confused. :hmmm: This may change as I watch future episodes though.

It also has an extremely catchy opening theme. :awesome:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back