Anime Favourite Anime

My favourite anime is Rurouni Kenshin (Samurai X).

I am a big fan of Samurai/Ninja and RuroKen is definitely my favourite. :3 The story of RuroKen is pretty good (yeah, yeah, filler sucks) and Kyoto Arc from RuroKen is just amazing. The OST is epic!

I'm not much of an anime browser, so an anime really has to have something that grabs my attention.

Fruits Basket is always a recommendation. It's cute, it's funny, and there are loads of characters for you to choose a favourite one. I personally favour Kyo. I think it's because he's a tsundere, but he also pulls some pretty epic :gasp: faces.

Second is Naruto. Standard favourite, I suppose, but I love it. I've only just recently got into Shippuden, and I'm starting to prefer that to the first series. I think it's because Naruto is a bit more grown up now, rather than the cocky little brat he was before. That and Sakura can actually kick booty now.

Thirdly is Hetalia, which is my current favourite. The episodes are only five minutes each and are basically just the web comic strips strung together in a seemingly random order, but there is so much you can just laugh at. Being British, naturally England ended up as my favourite. I have to laugh at the racial stereotype that we British are all foul-mouthed, arrogant, tea drinkers... But personally I think South Italy's mouth is worse than Britain's, to be frank. XD They have every racial stereotype under the sun, all just to laugh at. ...But I wouldn't recommend it if you're offended by racial jokes, or comments made about WW2. Basically, if you get offended when someone slams you because you're British or American or German, etc, don't watch it. XD

The Aria series is easily my favorite anime

A really lighthearted peaceful slice of life anime with great characters.

Fave anime huh?

-Bakemonogatari
An awesome anime bout a guy that helps several girls return to normal from contact with "Oddities". I love this anime to death merely because of the epic puns that are scattered throughout the series, and also because of the artwork. <3

-Asobi ni iku yo!
catgirls come to earth and one of them stays with a 16 year old boy, at the same time wanting to copulate with him! Not to mention a girl who likes the guy, and his childhood friend also want him. This, while fighting The dog-like counterpart to Catgirls =3

-The World Only God Knows I and II.
Epic anime. A guy who has to help capture the hearts of girls who have "loose souls" trapped in the gaps in their hearts, so that his demon companion can capture them and send them back to hell. The protagonist is awesome, High grades without studying, and he spends most his time buried in his "galges" (Gal Games/Dating Sims)

I'm a big fan of Rurouni Kenshin, the Devil May Cry anime (though I still criticize it a lot), Kimi Ni Todoke and Ouran High School Host Club.

I also have a strange love for Ayakashi~Classic Japanese Horror and Mononoke, two short anime involving traditional Japanese horror stories.

Dragonball Z is definitely my favorite anime. The story isn't top rate, but it's good enough to keep you interested. As far as action is concerned, nothing compares to DBZ for me. The characters are memorable, and the soundtrack is epic.

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood is a very close second.

Hmm, I have many but it must be ToraDora. Lovely music, great story, cried so much when I watched XD The characters are pretty interesting as well :D

Well, I like FLCL a lot, but just because there's only 6 episodes, I'm going to say Bleach.
Engaging action, lovable characters, great plot. Though, I prefer the first season most. :D

This is a tough one. I love both Wild Knights Gulkeeva and Wolf's Rain, but in the end I gotta say Wolf's Rain is my all-time favorite. The story line is very deep, it has wolves as the main characters (big selling point for me =P), beautiful and masterful music, and you can see the full development of each and every focal character. The wolves have greatly different personalities: Kiba is an alpha male that is very protective and has a great deal of honor. Toboe is playful and friendly and has that child-like innocence. Tsume is another alpha male like Kiba, but less tradition-bound and more hardened. Hige is free-spirited and a bit of a womanizer. And Blue is faithful and worried over her human master, but wants to explore life with the other wolves and has a relationship with Hige. Plus the anime has many plot twists, especially towards the end.

One Piece has become my favorite anime. I love the story and the characters. There are so many goofy moments yet the series has some of the most emotional moments I've ever seen in anime. There are also so many unique characters in the story.

I also like the adventure theme. So far, there has been no romance between the main characters. (Luffy and Hancock do not count as it was one sided and Hancock is not part of the crew) Also, each character gets a chance to kick ass. Each character has also had a chance to fail miserably.

Reactions: Kei
Can't decide between Neon Genesis Evangelion and Cowboy Bebop.

In one hand, Evangelion brought up some real harsh issues to anime, making a psychological introspective of the main characters (who are teenagers with serious shit going on inside their little heads), besides inserting careful references of judeo-christian religion (among others)... the 'problem' with NGE it's that it can really be such a turn-off for anime fans, cause as the plot advances, it becomes darker and sadder to the point of being unbearably depressive (specially if you watch The End of Evangelion, the movie), but that's the charm of it, when you reach to those chapter that seriously fill you with angst and brutal mind-fuck. When you get to the second half of the series, there's no turning back.

9712.jpg

And in the other hand, Cowboy Bebop, oh, how I love this epic anime. It's impossible to don't like at least one of its characters, they all have one story to tell, they all have their own charm. The plot seems simple from the outside, but mostly each chapter tells one different story, but pieceing all of them together, you get to understand so many things all the way through the series. Besides, action-lovers might want to get themselves into this one, cause the fight-scenes... besides being short enough to give space to plot (that's a problem most of shonen and seinen anime has, *coughdragonballcough*), they're so well executed that you won't feel that you need more. As for the music, Cowboy Bebop, in my opinion, has one of the best soundtracks ever made for an animated series.

48-cowboybebop_large.png

Samurai Champloo for me. Anime rarely caters to the hip hop heads. Until this came out. I loved everything about it: the music, the obvious hip hop influence in the characters and surroundings, the character development, and the story. Also, thanks to Samurai Champloo, I got hip to Nujabes (RIP Seba Jun). I don't think anything will touch this in the years to come. And the reason why is what I stated earlier...

...Anime rarely caters to hip hop heads.

Clannad is my favourite anime. I watched this through the first year of Uni and boy did it let me get out a lot of tears! :ness: The main story is fairly simple, but within that there are a series of arcs. From what I can recall, there are three arcs within the first season and perhaps two arcs, followed by a development of the main story in the second. The arcs are heartbreaking! The situation of each character, their family relationships, and the things they have lost are explored in depth. Most of them are strong in the face of adversity - they do all they can to maintain hope and remain dedicated to the people they love. The music and animation are beautiful. The music contributes to the overall effect and the animation is bright, clean and artistic.

There are recurring themes that appear throughout the story. The main theme is the value of having a family, as the title of the series implies since the main scenario writer Jun Maeda misunderstood Clannad to mean "family" or "clan" in Irish.

Clannad's story revolves around Tomoya Okazaki, a third year high school student who dislikes his life. Tomoya's mother (Atsuko) died when Tomoya was young, leaving his father (Naoyuki) to raise him. After the accident, Tomoya's father turned to alcohol and gambling, and held frequent fights with his son. One day, Naoyuki, again arguing with his son, slammed Tomoya against the window, dislocating Tomoya's shoulder. Ever since then, his father has treated Tomoya nicely, but distantly, as if Tomoya and he were strangers rather than a family. This hurts Tomoya more than his previous relationship with his father, and the awkwardness of returning home leads Tomoya constantly to stay out all night. Additionally, the injury disables Tomoya from participating in his basketball club, and pushes him to distance himself from his school and other activities. Thus his delinquent life begins. Tomoya's good friend Youhei Sunohara, who got thrown out of the soccer club for a dispute, is also a delinquent and often hangs out in his dorm room with Tomoya doing nothing much.
The story opens on Monday April 14, 2003 at the beginning of the school year,[1] when Tomoya meets by chance Nagisa Furukawa, a soft-spoken girl one year older than he is who is repeating her last year in high school due to being sick much of the previous year. Her goal is to join the drama club which she was unable to do due to her sickness, but they find that the drama club was disbanded after the few remaining members graduated. Since Tomoya has a lot of time to kill, he starts to help Nagisa in reforming the drama club. During this period, Tomoya meets and hangs out with several other girls who he gets to know well and help with their individual problems.

There's not as much anime on tv as I would like.
I am partial to those that I do see frequently such as DragonBall z, Naruto and the Last Airbender.

It has to do more with a likeable hero for me and a party of underdogs.
I relate to that kind of thing.

Either NANA or Rosario+Vampire for me. Both anime are just super cute (R+V being a little naughty, too ;) ), and I simply just enjoy them both very much!

At the moment, I am becoming re-addicted to Inuyasha, and becoming addicted toDurarara.

I remember back when I rather enjoyed inuyasha, and the reason I got out of it was because I simply lost the interest of actually liking it, but now I've been watching it, and now my love for it is coming back. I just hope the dub for Inuyasha: The Final Act would come soon. :sad3:

As for Durarara, it's an interesting anime. I am only two episodes in, but it has caught my interest. I am definitely going to be watching it as the weeks go by. :ryan:

I'd have to say Full Metal Alchemist. It's one of the few anime shows to catch my interest. Something about its concept of alchemy and equivalent exchange fascinates me, not to mention those scenes of intense violence and gore. Muahaha!

Ergo Proxy all the way for me.

I love the characters, I love inner monologues (and my god does Ergo Proxy do it well), and the world itself. Plus the story deals with societal problems and throws in some philosophy for good measure so it's right up my alley.

The animation is top notch, the character designs are pleasing, and the dub is wonderful. Its beautifully decadent and smart.

Second would have to be the series Rahxephon.

Back