Anime Favourite Anime

My top five consists of Fullmetal Alchemist, Durarara!!, Baccano!, K-ON!, and Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood in that order.

I love the storyline (Less so with K-ON!) and characters for all the series', and they just stand out to me as fantastic series that have influenced my likes and dislikes within anime.

Wow, where to start?

Anyway, even though there are a lot of Anime that I really enjoyed, my favorite Anime would have to be Katekyo Hitman Reborn! :P

I started watching this Anime a few years ago, and I fell in love with it. I really enjoyed the beautifully written storyline and the memorable characters. The battle scenes, for the most part, were really exciting and really vivid. Not only that, but the character development is something that is wonderfully displayed throughout the entire Anime. :inlove:

Well I just finished the series High school of the Dead and it immediately became one of my favorites despite it's fanservicy ways!!! Amoung my favorites which are tied are Fooly Cooly, Deathnote, Eureka 7, Ghost in the Shell and Highschool of the dead. I couldn't choose just one! They are all really different but they have really great stories! ^_^

I only like a handful of anime. My favourite has to be Tsubasa:reservoir chronicle. Apart from that I've got some gems from my diaper days like Dragonball Z, Digimon and Poke'mon. The last two I found out in later life were corny as hell.

My favourite Anime, this question is a tough one so I will list a few.

I Love Fruits Basket, I love all the characters, their interactions and their story, the artwork isn't amazing but its still fun to look at.
Pokemon, mostly because I grew up with it but I still find it to be a fun anime that never really grows old!
Death Note has amazing artwork, some of the best I have ever seen in an anime before, and it feels really original to me!!

those are my top 3 :)

I forget if I posted here... ah well.

Let's see... Fairy Tail, Shaman King, Tenjou Tenge, Soul Eater, and One Piece.

Fairy Tail: An amazing anime, it follows the storyline of the guild Fairy Tail, one of the most powerful and definitely the most destructive of all guilds in the land. Having quirky characters like a fire-eater and a man who strips randomly without even realizing, the story is fun to follow and learn more of each character's past.

Shaman King: An anime that follows the life of Yoh Asakura, a Shaman who wishes to become the Shaman King. Shamans are people who can communicate and link the two worlds, and Yoh wishes to be the king of Shamans. With the help of Manta, his first friend in Japan, Anna, his fiance (despite being 15), and Amidamaru, his companion who was 600 years ago a legendary samurai with the nickname "The Fiend"

Tenjou Tenge: A brief animated version of an incredibly long manga, Tenjou Tenge follows the story of the Juken Club, a club of fighters who follow no real style, and their power struggle against the school's Executive Council, consisting of some of the top fighters in the school. The best part? IT'S PERFECTLY LEGAL TO BEAT THE HELL OUT OF EACH OTHER!

Soul Eater: An animated version of the manga, Soul Eater follows the adventures of a team of Weapon Meisters and their Weapons. As they strive against demons, monstrous humans, and witches of unimaginable power, they still have to face off against a bigger threat in the background: the challenges of being teenagers in school!

One Piece: An ongoing anime that follows the extremely long and somewhat goofy adventures of the Strawhat Pirates. Ranging from a cowardly sniper who refuses to use a gun to a deer with the ability to turn human to their captain who has no sense of direction, little inteliigence, and a monstrous amount of strength packed in a body made of rubber!

That's just summaries of them, but I feel that's why I like them as well.

Pick one, not so much. Lets see how few I can narrow it down to.

1. Kino's Journey. A series which constantly focuses on philosophy through the medium of countries visited by a girl with a talking motorcycle named Hermes? Please and thank you. Some episodes are humorous (though often in a bleak way), many episodes are heavy, but every episode will make you sit and think afterward. Nicknamed the "Every type of government is a bad idea" series by a friend of mine, as it really does address every system and what could go terribly wrong.

2. Haibane Renmei. Another make you think series, this one really floored me when I first saw it. Fantastic art, and a very fascinating and heartwarming story. Unfortunately, there's little I can do to explain this one without spoiling something, but I cannot recommend watching it enough.

3. Higurashi (When They Cry). If you go into this wanting to see an anime about cute girls brutally murdering people, it will eventually start to disappoint. But if you go into it with the right mindset (wanting to solve the puzzle of what the hell is really going on), then you are in for an amazing treat. I've yet to see the spiritual successor (Umineko), but I hear this one is only a training mission for that, to prepare your mind for the puzzles in the creator's next series. A story told in a format I've never seen before and not sure could ever work again with something else, this is a must see if you enjoy puzzles that will wrack your mind.

3392062440_b52be796b2_o.jpg

Laputa Castle in the Sky
A truly magical adventure that inspired and enthralled me as a child and remains to do so even now! I love this film with a passion and it is, by far, my favourite anime of all time!

YuYu Hakusho.

MOD EDIT: Please put a little more effort into your posts. This is a spam post in a post count section. Tell us more about why you like this anime. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not huge into anime, but there are some I really like: Welcome to the NHK, K-ON, GTO, and Hellsing.

There are others I like but those stick out to my most. Afro Samurai is hilarious btw. I love Smauel L. Jackson.

My favorite animes are in their original japanese version. I don't settle for dubbed crap. Naruto, Soul Eater, Ouran High School Host Club, et cetera. The only dubbed I prefer over the japanese that I LOVE is Cardcaptors. I watched the second japanese movie of Cardcaptors and had to stop 5 minutes in. Never again.

oh boy long list...

1.Vandread-Mecha/Sci Fi,the only anime Ive seen where theres a war between men and women,plenty of comedy and awkardness added in between battles

2.Bleach-Hmm I just like this series because...hmm no idea I just love it XD

3.Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood-Much better than the first anime series,makes more sense and is much shorter

4.Fate/Stay-Havent seen too much but I like the Art style and the storyline so far

5.Kekkaishi-hmm kinda like my bleach discription I just liked it from the beginning

6.Cowboy Bebop-I liked the gritty feel on the story and how you just follow their adventures and not their backstory till towards the end

I have alot more but rather not discribe them soo....

S-Cry-Ed,Outlaw Star,Gundam 00,Gundam series

Death Note was one of my favorite Anime's- it had a creepy feeling to it, but it was very creative how they made everything work and how smart they made people in the anime.

Code Geass- I just really liked the characters in this anime, and all the nice action and story lines that came with it.

Anyone notice how most Anime's have kids end up being a hero or anti hero and how some take over the world??? why can't I be that smart?

Cowboy Bebop of course was a masterpiece, and an anime that even non anime fans would enjoy.

Neon Genesis Evangelion was another that I found phenomenal. Very psychological and introverted, but not at a loss for action.

Death Note was good until episode 26. L is one of my favorite characters in anything ever. He seemed real, and you never knew what he was going to do next.

Code Geass was good as well. It was like Death Note meets Gundam meets V for Vendetta. =D

6 pages and no mention of the original Macross?! :gasp:

Even after 20+ years it's still my favourite anime. Nostalgia's a part of it, as it's the first anime I ever really saw, or at least Robotech was. It was years later that I saw the original 'non-kiddified' version, Macross. It's still great though, giant mecha, the triangle relationship between Hikaru, Misa and Minmei, and a fantastic soundtrack throughout. Awesome.

Also enjoyed NGE and Cowboy Bebop, largely for the same reasons posted by others - Bebop's just Pulp Fiction in anime form, and Eva, well I doubt any series has ever inspired such fervant and prolonged debate, and will likely continue to do so with the release of the movies!

Code Geass. The psychological standpoint of the series is what drew me into it from the start, then the addition of the Knightmare Frames and their designs turned into somewhat of an obsession in mechanical designs. Characters - in particular, Lelouch and Kallen - were quite a brilliant point to look at, but those two in particular because of their taking on of more than one life and roll and how they may or may not have managed to keep and establish those from interracting from one another. The story of the first season was definitely brilliant to the point it can't really be denied, and the fact that it was pretty much all on a polausible and believable level was another aspect that drew me into it. Unfortunately the second season as a whole was way too rushed, although the ending definitely redeemed it.

My favorite anime is Darker than BLACK.

Its incredible, really. It has action, adventure, humor, dark themes, friendly themes and romance. The animation is beautiful and very fluid, the characters are developed incredibly well (even for the manga) and Hei is just...badass. :x3: Greatest anime (and manga! lol) that I have ever seen! :3

I have a few more favorite animes of mine. Ghost in the Shell and Eureka Seven. All have beautiful animation and great characters and story! :D

I'm loving me some Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood.

I loved the original series, but Brotherhood is just so much better. Everything that was in the original is redone much better, and everything that is different makes much more sense, and is also done a lot better. So far, it's my favorite anime.

Highschool of the Dead is in second. I fucking loved every moment of it.

Back