What's your favourite band?

The Weepies.

I never realized how much I liked them until recently. I've been listening to their songs for a long time, and I'd listen to them during my trying times. I could say I connect with their music the most. I love their sound and their lyrics, even more. Sheer poetry in every song.

They said they got their name from old movies where you're guaranteed a good cry, for joy or for sorrow (I'm paraphrasing). Those are called weepies. And that's how their songs make me feel.

My favorites from them:

All Good Things
Orbiting
Not Your Year

I've finally gotten all of their albums in .flac format. :britt:

Also worth mentioning are Incubus and There For Tomorrow. ♥

Yus, yus.

After years of having deep discussion with myself, and being able to listen to their albums and songs on repeat for days on end, and finally being lucky enough to get an autographed copy of their album(that they actually touched omg sdsahas *dies*) I have come to realize that my ultimate favorite band of all time is... Chevelle.

They have been producing music since 1995 and have been putting out albums since 1999, they have six albums all in which have 11 songs(plus, usually two bonus songs) that are of utmost perfection.

If I had to pick my favorite part about them I would be torn in deciding. They're not like most rock bands of today. They don't fit the mold nor are they loved by many at all, in a matter of fact, I think they're the most under appreciated band in the history of rock and roll, but I do not think it takes fame to make a great band. Just look at Nickelback and theory of a deadman--both are grossly over-rated and both just flat out blow. :grin:

They might not draw in 70,000 people to a show like Kings of Leon or Tool, but that just means that their lyrics are too profoundly intimidatingly intelligent for most music goers or "rock fans" to comprehend, and that they lack the gland in their brain in charge for happiness, beauty, and genius--and not to mention, the ability of having an ounce of good taste.

They might not be as widely known around the world like Foo fighters or Led Zeppelin, but like most brilliance established in the world, they will sadly go unnoticed until years in the future and our children's children find and listen to CheVelle and are just completely dumbfounded that their great gandparents were too stupid to realize the awesome we were able to boast to number one all around the world in rock music and didn't.

They do not make up some crappy guitar rift and say it's a solo, the lead guitarist(who's also the singer and lyric writer of the band) knows and has shown us all that he is fully capable of producing a mindblowing guitar solo but he doesn't show off every five seconds, and instead, he allows the entire band to come together in order to produce more excellence than any solo you could ever hear from today's music.

They will never sell out unlike some bands*cough*greenday*cough*, why? because after 17 years of existing and after 13 years of producing epic albums, they never have let their fan base down by selling out or changing who they are.

As their third album says(This Type of Thinking Could do Us In)
They are and will forever be... CheVelle.

I take comfort in the fact that they will never sell out or drop who they are just for money and the best part is, they're still making awesome music.

I can honestly say that my life would be a lot more empty without them and I do not care how crazy that sounds.

Chevelle is and will forever be, my favorite band of all time.

So... hopefully that was a long enough reason as to why CheVelle will forever be my favorite band of all time. :grin:

And, if CheVelle never existed I would have to say The Black Keys would be my favorite band of all time or Silversun Pickups. :ryan:

Picking just one is so hard, so I'm going to list a few of them.

I think my favorite overall would be The Rolling Stones. I don't think there's a band that's produced more songs that I've felt somewhat of a connection to and have stood the test of time. Paint It Black, Brown Sugar, Satisfaction, and Jumpin' Jack Flash are awesomeeeeeee. My favorite though is Beast of Burden. <3.

Nine Inch Nails. I'll never forget the first time I heard Closer on the radio and I loved the bass in it...and the lyrics <3. Its one of my favorite songs....ever. Every Day Is Exactly The Same reminds me of my life at times...pretty much always staying the same, never changing too much. Only gets another mention. I don't know why I like the song so much but I do. SOMEONE turned me on to my second favorite song of theirs...which is Right Where It Belongs. It's one of their softer songs but the lyrics and how calming the song is what really hits me.

The Red Hot Chili Peppers. Thinking about it, there's really not one song of theirs that I really don't like. I'll listen to them all and I'll like some more than others, but overall I really like their style. Can't Stop is my favorite song of theirs. Californication is nice and Zehpyr Song are a couple others that I like.

Iron Maiden are probably my favourite band of all time. They got me into metal and rock music in general and also inspired me to pick up guitar, which is now my biggest hobby besides sport and video games :P

A lot of people hear Maiden and just think "cheesy," but I think that they were one of the few bands of the 80's era that weren't cheesy. Sure they had guitar harmonies etc, but I to this day find them to be a 'classy' band. Though al ot of people disagree with me haha

This is a tough one...

Right now, it's Funeral Mist.

Of all time, Alice In Chains or Mercyful Fate.

right now for me its gonan be sixx a.m. i have read both of nikki sixx's books and his latest album this is gonna hurt i can connect with so many songs.

all time would have to be rush. as a musician, those guys are like the greatest trio ever to touch instruments. geddy is no doubt my bass hero.

Right now my favorite band has to be Redlight King. I love his voice, and the music he puts together. A lot of his songs are easy to relate to, and I love his cover of Neil Young's Old Man. It's absolutely great. Even though he's only got the one album out right now, there is a lot of potential, and I just hope he can keep up the fire. Great, great music.

As of right now.. Its a toss up between Burzum, Death and Swallow the Sun

Of all time: Nirvana. Hands down

Oh wow, what a thread! this is so hard to answer! so, I'll give you a list (none of this will fit together, I have a massive variation on music, I'd make the worlds worst DJ):

-Avantasia
-Ray Charles
-Five Finger Death Punch
-Dragonforce
-Motley Crue
-Johnny Cash <3
-Symphony X
-Sisters of Mercy
-Pantera <3
-Steel Panther <3
-Trixter
-Electric Angels
-Falling In reverse

I hope thats an appropiate answer to the question? ha!

I have a lot of bands that I personally love a lot, but if I had to choose one, it would be Killswitch Engage. I really love this band because a lot of there songs have made me feel all kinds of wonderful emotions. Their songs are really motivating and also serves as a stress reliever for me whenever I'm having a really bad day. A lot of their lyrics never failed to touch my heart. I really enjoy and love listening to their songs everyday because I never ever get tired of listening to them.

At the moment, I can't shake my obsession with Twin Atlantic. They're not huge at the moment, but they're beginning to gain recognition and could easily be a big deal. Check out their album "Free".

A lot of people compare them to Biffy Clyro, but I don't think that's accurate. Yes, they're Scottish, but that's where the similarities end.

Amazing band.

Depeche Mode, absolutely no question. There's not many bands that can keep churning out fantastic music and albums for such a long period of time. It's actually quite nice that they aren't so main stream and just stick to producing music that the fans will love rather than attempting to make chart music

My life is certainly a much better place for this group.

Breaking Benjamin.

I've heard at least 20 of their songs and every one of them has been great. I can listen to them over and over and never get bored.

"Firefly"
"Diary of Jane"
"Dear Agony"
And "Dance with the Devil" are all songs I listen to on a daily basis. I would listen to more, but I can't remember the names sadly.

Anyway yeah, Breaking Benjamin.

This is honestly something thats hard for me to explain, but I will try anyways.

My favorite band of all time would be Tool, but its a love hate relationship as in I love the band have all their albums have seen them multiple times lived but the band would rather work on their side projects then give the fans what they really want and that's a new album. That being said I love A Perfect Circle and Pusicifer but I really wish Maynard would just stop and make what everyone knows will be Tools final album and make it right.

That being said my favorite band that actually is doing things at the moment would be Coheed and Cambria. I started listening to them in middleschool when I used to wake up in the morning to get ready for school watching Fuse and their music videos would come on. The first song I ever heard from them was A Favor House Atlantic and I was immediately hooked.

But still Tool>C&C, I will love them once more once the new album is released and I fangasm all over the earth.

I can listen to almost any type of music, rap excluded. My favorite genres are country (real country such as Hank Williams, Johnny Cash etc) and rock/metal.

But it took me until about two years ago to find a band I can safely say would be my favorite. It's a girl j-rock band called SCANDAL. The thing is for me to get attached to a band I need to really like the members. Like I can listen to say something like Guns n' Roses and say "Yeah, this song is good" but as long as I hate Axl and/or other members I can't get into the music. That was just an example as I next to never listen to GNR, but it's like that with many bands. Other times it's like I just don't care. For instance a band I really like, Killswitch Engage. I don't care about the people singing and playing in front of me. I don't know who they are, they make no impression on me. That to me makes their music less interesting.

But when I discovered Scandal something really grabbed me. First of their music is great and they keep improving with each album basically. It's usually the other way around. But the girls had fun on stage, behind the stage. They conveyed the feeling that making music is their lives and they loved every second of it. They all had their own interesting personalities and though they are quite different from each other on a personal level. Through them and their music I've personally changed a little from my usual cynical ways. I don't care if people think it sounds cheesy or cringeworthy, doesn't really make it any less true. This became alot more than I had intented, but there you have it. My personal favorite band until the end of days hopefully.

Porcupine Tree, Katatonia, Paradise Lost, My Bloody Valentine, A Place to Bury Strangers, Tool, Alice in Chains, The Black Dahlia Murder, The Strokes, Lamb of God, etc.

There are many, but bands that I typically talk about are Fates Warning (with John Arch), Sodom, Attacker, Liege Lord, Chastain, Cloven Hoof (first three albums), Satan, Riot, Judas Priest, Manilla Road, etc.

Last edited:
I can't really say who my favorite artist is overall, what I CAN say is that my favorite artist live is Iron Maiden. I've seen them 3 times and they tore the fucking place up. They're so fun to see live, and their music is amazing \m/ xD

I like all different varieties of music, so it's hard to say what band is my absolute favorite. There will be some songs that I enjoy but then they release other songs/albums that I'm like :" whyyyyyyy?" :sad3: they have very good potential and BAM. they ruin it for them being the "best/ favorite" There's also way too many bands out there as well. I just can't do that and have a favorite.

Back