What's your favourite band?

Daenerys

The Last Dragon
Veteran
Gil
We decided that the old thread was poorly organised and far too spammy, so we've decided to remake the thread.

Post about your favourite band in this thread. Please elaborate in your posts and give reasons why a particular band is your favourite.

One liner posts will be classed as spam and may be deleted without warning.

Ugh you just know people are going to list a million different groups. That shit does my swede in...

Anyway...*ahem*

James, I think ultimately are my favourite, it was U2, but I think James have silently taken over without my realising. They are just awesome. They are brillaint performers live as well, Tim always gets in the crowd and Im always so bastard close but not quite. Some of the cattchiest songs ever, and most of it isnt piss either. They did admit they wrote sit down on a beer mat in 5 minutes mind haha. But it generally all has some kind of meaning and they are just awesome. I love how some of the upbeat stuff is actually quite deep, like, Tomorrow, to listen to it, you wouldn't really think it was about a friend of his that was going to kill himself

They never advertise. Ever, you wont ever see any PR or promoting their new albums or whatever, it's all about the music baby :awesome:

They are just epic :gonk:

Plus they are from Manchester, always a plus:monster:

Well recently I'm at a crossroads with it all. O.A.R. used to be my favorite band, but due to the fact that they sold out and started doing mainstream poppy crap in 2004, I lost a bit of respect in them.

I really don't have a favorite but if you are making me choose based on how much I listen to and never get sick. I would have to say Tool.

Most people don't understand Tool, because it takes quite a bit of depth in order to comprehend their songs. They aren't all anger or darkness fueled, that's actually only a facade. Their music is actually very spiritual. Also it doesn't hurt that their drummer is considered one of the best of all time. Danny Carry has hypnotizing rhythm.

Sad songs like H. have literally almost made me wept how beautiful it was...

"I feel this coming over like a storm again.." "Beneath the storm, under these tears now, the walls came down. And as the snake is drowned, and as I look into your eyes, my fear begins to fade, recalling all of those times I could of cried, I should have cried. And as the walls come down, and I look into your eyes, my fear begins to fade recalling all of those times I have died and will die.. Its alright.. I don't mind"

This most impacting song in my life is Lateralus. I can take it it and mold it to my own, and realize it follow my life accordingly. How I listen to music, the deepness I pull from it, the need for it. The need to reach out and give back to everyone before me, the need to create change in my fellow friends and to connect us all.. I'll just leave you with lyrics.

"Come embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow. To feel inspired, to fathom the power. To witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spirals....

With my feet upon the ground I lose myself between the sound and open wide to suck it in I feel it move across my skin, I'm reaching up and reaching out and reaching for the random or whatever will bewilder me, following our will and wind we may just go where no ones been. Ride the spiral to the end, we may just go where no one's been"

I could keep listing all the songs that make a huge impact on me, but I'll leave you with only one more. The Patient. A song for those that are holding on.

"But I'm still right here, giving blood and keeping faith. If there were no desire to heal, the damaged and the broken met along the way, the tedious path I've chosen. I certainly would have walked away by now. I must keep reminding myself of this, I must keep reminding myself of this."

So there you have it.

i listen to metal mostly and well yeah... every metal direction has another favorit
like in the epic metal scene is Ex Deo my favorit and in the Pagan/Viking metal scene there are Ensiferum and Korpiklaani. and i can go on like that 4 ages...

but i'll introduce to you my absolut favorit Band: Heaven Shall Burn
they are in the metalcore/deathcore scene and they are from germany but they sing only in english
i love them becouse theire riffs are awesome and if you start listen to them you cant stop easily. there best song is Endzeit and with the intro its a real masterpice.

as i wrote befor i could go on like that for a while...
if someone wants to talk to me about Heaven or other bands just do it
greetz

Black Sabbath.

There are a lot of people who swear to Ozzy Osbourne only (poor souls, but they don't know any better), but I love all the singers that have passed through the ranks at some point. The best singer the band ever had though, is Ronnie James Dio who also happens to be my favourite singer of all time. When Dio joined, he really brought something new to the band. The grandeur and epic feel of Rainbow (another favourite of mine) was combined with the darkness and heaviness of Sabbath to create something that in my opinion totally floored anything created by either band up until that point.

Anyway Black Sabbath is THE original, quintessential heavy metal band, and in this case the original just happens to also be the best! Tony Iommi also happens to be THE riff master. I doubt the man could come up with a bad riff even if he tried.

Last edited:
At the minute my favourite band is Journey, I went to see them at the Download festival in the UK.
It was an amazing gig/set, all my favourite songs where played and even some I've never heard of before!
They have a new singer in the ranks, now he is VERY talented, but I feel that they were alot better when they had Steve Perry taking the main stage. Bless, I miss those times!
Favourite songs by Journey:
Somday Love Will Find You.
Don't Stop Believing
Anyway You Want It
Wheel In the Sky.

All in all a brilliant band that have had a lot of success.
I may be tempted to write a review on them actually, if I do where would I post it? Please advise.

Currently my favorite band is All time low, they have made great songs, and they also have some great music video's.

of my favorite songs include:
Weightless
Maria, Count me in
Remembering sunday
and Come one come all

Coheed and Cambria is my favorite band.
They are very unique and have an interesting story to tell with their lyrics.
The lead singer is fantastic. Great guitarist and amazing voice.

Cobra Starship

They're my favorite band. I like the combination of dance music with rock instruments, and I think that they're lead singer has a really good voice. Their lyrics don't take things too seriously, and I can listen to their songs no matter what mood I'm in. They have talent, and I'm interested to see what directions they will go in.

Queen.

Freddie Mercury has the most beautiful vocals of any male I have ever heard, Brian May is a guitar god(officialy), Roger Taylor was great in his own right, and John Deacon laid down some amazing bass tracks. This with the Operatic style of some of their better music and lots of great stadium rock, make my favorite band of all time.

The Saturdays.

They're not easily recognisable anywhere other than the UK, but they're one of the rising girlbands at the moment. Their debut album came out last year and their second one was released nearly two months ago. So far, they've released singles known as If This Is Love, Up, Issues, Just Can't Get Enough, Work, Forever Is Over and Ego.

If you check out their YouTube channel, they've got all the music videos on there, backstage stuff and some stuff of when they're travelling, in hotels, etc. The latter's really made me laugh because some of the things they do are hilarious! They've not quite reached #1 in the UK yet, but I'm hoping they do when Ego is released.

Well, my music collection basically consists of metal and Green Day, so I'd say Green Day. Especially their old stuff. Oh my God, At the Library is a great song.

If not Green Day, then maybe either Metallica or Scale the Summit. Two VERY different bands, but I love them both.

My favourite band would be The Jefferson Airplane.

I got to know them through their song 'White Rabbit', which is featured in the book (and movie) Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. I liked the song and looked up the album it was featured on, 'Surrealistic Pillow' and discovered that they made songs which where even more awesome then 'White Rabbit'. Their songs range from good old classic rock to instrumentals and psychedelic hippie songs and from happy to sad, so there is a Jefferson Airplane song for every mood.

Favourite album: Surrealistic Pillow
Favourite songs: She Has Funny Cars, Milk Train, Embryonic Journey, Star Track

Right thread this time lol.

Mine are Muse. Ive been a fan fro 10 years now and I still adore them. Finally get to see them next year, cant wait. They are a talented trio and bring their own little element to the band. Matt and Dom are the mental cases who love to party and Chris is the mature father like figure of the 3. Great band. Love em.

i would have to say likin park

I have been a fan since they brough out there hybrid thery album. I love the way they mix rock and rap. the songs In the end and numb are class. they are just a great band.

I have 3 that are impossible to choose between.
Firstly, Green Day. Liked them for about 6 or 7 years and I saw them live in Sheffield last October, the gig was over 3 hours long and Billie Joe was just awesome. I love the political meanings in their songs, I don't really like love songs or anything. I like for songs to have a deeper meaning.

Secondly, Dir en grey. Liked them for a few years, my friend introduced me to them. Hopefully I'll get to see them sometime this year, I'm desperate for them to come to England again (they were here last year but I was unable to go and see them). I also like the political meanings to their songs (for exanple 'Mask'), like I said about Green Day. All of their songs have a specific meaning instead of being about the same old thing. They are, to me anyway, unique - I've never heard anybody else that sounds like Kyo.

Thirdly, Nightwish. I don't usually like female singers, I don't know why, but I absolutely love this band. Especially their song 'Bye Bye Beautiful', which is about their old singer being thrown out of the band because she no longer fitted in with what they wanted. I think the lyrics are amazing. And of course, Annette's voice is amazing (I prefer her to Tarja Turunen, unlike a lot of people).

well,let's see :) I have many bands which are my fav's..
Arashi[in which is Jun Matsumoto] I love all theri songs,even tho I haven't been at their concerts..BUT their voices are amazing..
then I love Rurutia[even tho she is a single artist..] her songs always makes me to calm down,her voice..is like an Angel...her songs are so captiviting[from her songs I started to like even more japanese..] favorite songs:Arabesque,Opus,Selenite,Last Day,Seirios..

My favourite band changes almost constantly with each new discovery I make...although the band I always end up coming back to is Within Temptation. Sharon's vocals are by far the best I've ever head (well, Elis' old lead singer was spectacular, but unfortunately she died a little while back...) and there hasn't been a song yet that I haven't liked. Every time I hear Mother Earth, I get the overwhelming urge to sing along, and if all the songs in their new album are anything like Utopia, I am going to be a very happy camper.

For male vocals...Sonata Arctica have some awesome songs, as does Edguy and Avantasia (I love Tobias Sammet's vocals...and his crass sense of humour. XD) and Marco Hietala of Nightwish/Tarot is probably the loudest singer I've heard who doesn't go into incomprehensibility, but overall my favourite male vocalist is Benjamin Burnley, lead singer of Breaking Benjamin. Dear Agony was last year's music highlight for me. Such an awesome album! Most definetely worth the longer-than-usual wait.

Bullet For My Valentine.

I really like their style. Their first album was very screamo and hardcore, and then their second album took it more to the "metal" side. I haven't heard a single song that I don't like from them so far, so I can't wait for their third album.

Some of my favorite songs by them are Room 409, Waking the Demon, 10 Years Today, End of Days, Four Words to Choke Upon, and Deliver Us From Evil.

I too love Bullet for my valentine, but I cannot say they are my favorite

Avenged Sevenfold is a greatly epic band in my opinion. They have an exotic sort of sound to them and their latest album seemed like it belonged in a sick, bloody fairytail not intended for children. They also have a hellish sound in it, but it doesnt seem evil, like there is a good sound to it and they are not "for the devil" at all in the lyrics.

♥♥♥♥♥♥ A Little Piece of Heaven ♥♥♥♥♥♥

Back