What's your favourite band?

I listen to a ton of music. It is hard to pin point all my favorite bands. I like everything from Virgin Prunes to Blind Guardian to Symphony X to Nile to Behemoth to Immortal to Depeche Mode to The Cure to Epica to The Cult to Demons and Wizards to KMFDM and many, many others. I listen to more rock or metal based music with a combination of EBM, synth and Industrial.

Well technically I dont really have a favourite band but I have favourite bands and artist in each genre I listen to.

Metal = BFMV
Hardcore = A day to remember
Rap = Eminem

But as I listen to so many genres and some rather obscure genres I cant really list them all as it would take forever to do so.
but I listen to anything from Rap to Screamo to Country and Western :P

My favourite band is definitely Alter Bridge. I just love those guys. For me, Myles is one of the best rock singers today. What seperates him from others is the emotion he puts into the songs. As a reviewer from the Metal Hammer said. When he sings he sings from the heart. I'm just thrilled that the guy has been getting the recognition he truly deserves by working with Slash and jamming with Led Zeppelin.

As for the band, I love the blend of heavy and melodic riffs with Myles' blues inspired voice. Something a bit different that is out there and they just like to create music they love whether it be emotional ballads such as In Loving Memory and Wonderful Life, heavy rock songs like Isolation and White Knuckles or even the up beat songs like Open Your Eyes and Rise Today.

Other favourite bands include

Sick Puppies (One of the best gigs I have ever been to)
Shinedown
Stone Sour
Black Stone Cherry
Avenged Sevenfold
Bullet For My Valentine

Let's see..... Dir en grey! but you all probs knew that from my name and from the SB....

Other bands include:
GazettE
Miyabi
Gackt

and a whole list of Industrial EBM artists

CheVelle
Led Zeppelin
Silversun Pickups
Tool
Cage the Elephant

Top five bands I can think of at the moment.

MOD EDIT: Can you please put a little more effort into your post? Tell us why you like these 5 bands, perhaps. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would define my favorite band as a band that I can always go back and listen to no matter what mood I'm or, or how much time passes.

That band, for me at least, would be Nightwish. I always have their Discography on my computer at all times, and I can always listen to them. When I get tired of listening to other bands, I find myself never getting tired of listening to Nightwish. :ryan:

At this moment in time I would have to say that my favourite band is A Day To Remember. :awesome:
Something about their music just draws me in unlike some of the music ive been listening to lately.

.FTR.

불독맨션 [Bulldog Mansion] & Daft Punk

Every single song I have heard from both them is catchy and exciting to listen to. I adore all of their music! I have them on my MP3 and iPod shuffle. I have their CDs too. If I could find more posters, my walls would be covered!:P

Tool, one song comes to mind and it explains it all Jambi -- this song is so misinterpreted its funny, I mean there is the first conclusion which is wrong and taken most; but its actually just about a genie and making wishes stated by Maynard, but Carey says its just a joke xD Its amazing how they can make songs like Parabola and 46 & 2 and also Jambi.

My favourite band will always be The Smiths, they are so great.
But a band I've come to like a lot recently is The National. I'd barely heard of them before they released High Violet and I hadn't listened to them. I really liked High Violet so I decided to go and buy some of their earlier albums and I like them a lot too.
I guess I'd describe them as an indie-rock or alt-rock band, although that's not entirely accurate, there's a conscious middle-class-ness and intelligence. A lot of the time that can be annoying, but not in their case, it's just honesty and it's not flaunted either. For the most part their music is quite restrained and quite gloomy but they do have some songs that would qualify as 'rock' songs.

HIM.
Mr. Ville Valo's voice, I love it how can it reach high notes and very low tones, and his lyrics, though some of his songs may have the most simple lyrics, very recent works just prove how much has he evolved as a composer and writer. I've been a big fan of these guys for 6 years now and have all their albums... so ashamed of myself I feel, cause I haven't got the chance to assist to one of their concerts. I should see them perfoming live just once, even before my dying day.

Nine Inch Nails.
Love. Just love them. Since I've heard their song "Hurt", I just can't get them out of my head. Trent Reznor is a freaking musical genious.

Other bands I love:
Santa Sabina (r.i.p. Rita Guerrero)
Apocalyptica
Scissor Sisters
Muse
Evanescence (like the ol' emo-goth times back then)
Nightwish
Mägo de Öz
The Rasmus
The Killers
Heroes del Silencio
Keane
La Oreja de Van Gogh
Gorillaz
Rammstein
Theatre of Tragedy
Opeth
Lacuna Coil
Cibo Matto

Okay so, my favorite band is Girugamesh.
I honestly can't tell you why they're my favorite, I adore their sound and their lyrics are wonderful. For whatever reason, I am drawn to them and even after they have changed so much form the metal that I originally met them with, I doubt that I'll abandon them just yet.

Another band that comes close to them, actually that comes right after them is Versailles.
That's a side note. :3

Paramore ♥ Hayley is my favorite singer, her voice is just amazing. I love the band's songs and they bring this nice rock and indie sound without being punk or goth.

Modest Mouse ♥ I like so many of their songs and I find them different, also my favorite song is the Whale Song :woo:

Daft Punk ♥ They are perfect. In every way.

Black Eyed Peas ♥ I much more like the old BEP, their new songs are just vulgar and annoying. And Fergie has lost her voice. But the old songs were so fun, and made you wanna dance :woo:

Paramore: I love Paramore and have done since before RIOT! came out - I'm not AS keen on their newer releases, but I do still quite like their new stuff.

A Day To Remember: A CURRENT fave of mine - I only physically own two of their albums, (Homesick & For Those Who Have Heart) and I adore them both.

I can't think of any other big ones at the moment, this post will probably updated soon. :)

My absolute favourite band is

The Offspring - They have everything, the energy, the music, the lyrics and the humour. Catchy melodies with punk attitude and great riffs, and a unique singer to boot. It's hard to say why they are my favourite band, they just are. Their latest albums are more of the pop-punk variety but I love everything they do.

I also really love Metallica, simply because they have amazing riffs combined with great lyrics and because they have many styles to choose from (I dislike St Anger with my whole heart though)

And then I would have to say Helloween - Power metal at its finest. Great mix between ballads and power-metal, and also with a lot of humour, Plus they are amazing live.

The we of course have all the classic legends like Black Sabbath, Queen, Deep Purple, Dio, AC DC, U2 and many many more, but the above three are my absolute favourites.

Currently, my latest obsession/favorite band has to be Eyeshine. Whether or not their my all-time favorite I haven't decided yet, but I just love them. They know how to combine Indie Rock with your emo pop-punk lyrical content, but also with their own unique twist. In the seven years they've been together, they have released six albums and one EP. Half of those albums are a Christmas album, an Acoustic remix album, and an all-instrument album.

The National.
They are now my favourite band, equal with The Smiths, who I will always adore.
They're Indie/Alternative Rock, but that sounds reductive. I love them, in a completely non-sexual way of course. They're quite American, but I mean that as a compliment, I don't think they'd sound like they do if they were British. There's quite often an element and sometimes it is quite large of melancholy in their songs, a lot of them are about failed relationships, which is something everyone can probably relate to. But instead of the immature kind of song writing that that particular subject mature can inspire, it's quite mature. I'm aware that by saying that I'm being quite elitist and very possibly a hipster cunt, but I feel that it's true. It's music that requires thought and involvement. If you're willing to invest your time and attention in to listening to them and thinking about their music it is intensely rewarding. It's not all about failed relationships though. I think they're also quite consciously middle-class, but not in a knowing ironic way because that would be annoying. It's just who they are, it's honesty, being middle class is not always something that bands will admit to.
They also take their music seriously, not to the extent that it becomes annoying, but they're not worried about people thinking that they're pretentious, I don't think they are, in the way that someone like Tori Amos definitely is, not that's criticism of her exactly. There's the occasional wryly humourous line, but that doesn't detract from the song.
I think their lyric writing is very good, occasionally sublime. I don't think it's the kind of music that you listen to if you want to be cheered up, nor is it the kind of music you dance to. You shut up and listen to.
This is very pretentious review.
Yours bishop sincerely, a hipster cunt.

My favorite band is probably Paramore. Hayley Williams is an amazing singer, the band has a great sound, great lyrics, and great music. They're a pretty popular band, an Alternative Rock type genre. Their lyrics mainly deal with some sort of revenge, or some unrequited love, or some stuff like that, and has lots and lots of energy. I mainly listen to Paramore during the Spring and Summer when I need to express my energy through song and dance. They're pretty close tied with Say Anything as my favorite band (Which is an Indie/Punk band), though I think Paramore is just a tad bit higher due to the fact that I listen to them more.

My longtime favorite "band" (by current definition of band) has to be Dream Theater.

Runners-up would include: Pink Floyd, Genesis, Porcupine Tree, Nightwish, Blind Guardian, Avantasia/Edguy, Angra, ELO, Blackmore's Night, and Avenged Sevenfold (later half).

Bands I discovered recently that will probably reach this list soon include Mogwai, Stratovarius, Radiohead, and Rush.

That said, there are plenty of musical acts I like as much as, or more than, any band. These include most classical composers (lately Holst, Beethoven, Tchaikovsky, Vivaldi and Smetana are at the top), Enya, Karl Jenkins, and Maire Brennan. On a different tier, somewhat under the rest, are trance, dream trance, goa, and techno artists, including in particular Paul Van Dyk, Contacreast, Paul Oakenfold, Tilt, and Robert Miles.

My favorite band is Disturbed. Of course there are moments when I'm "obsessed" with other bands, but I can always count on returning to Disturbed.

In all their albums, there are at least 5 songs that strike out at me. I always find their songs powerful. David Draiman probably has one of the most powerful voices I've heard.

Back