What's your favourite band?

Their last album was rather underwhelming I'll admit. I've been trying to listen to it more lately though, just to see if I can pick out a few songs from it I actually like. By contrast, one listen to Unia and "It Won't Fade" jumped out as a favorite, and I loved their cover of "Out in the Fields". (What is it with Finland doing Gary Moore? :p )

Overall though, my favorite album from them is Silence, with Unia and Ecliptica tying for second.

It won't fade is an amazing song and was defo a fave from that album as well together with Paid in full and Caleb. I have so many faves from all albums and there were only a few I didn't like that much. (My land is one of them) there were songs that I constantly listened to on the computer or mp4 player. But the latest album doesn't have a song that jumps out as o my thats awesome. Only 'No dream can heal a broken heart' is a song that is worth listening once. I hope they return with an awesome album like the previous albums and then I'll be first in line at their concert xD

It won't fade is an amazing song and was defo a fave from that album as well together with Paid in full and Caleb. I have so many faves from all albums and there were only a few I didn't like that much. (My land is one of them) there were songs that I constantly listened to on the computer or mp4 player. But the latest album doesn't have a song that jumps out as o my thats awesome. Only 'No dream can heal a broken heart' is a song that is worth listening once. I hope they return with an awesome album like the previous albums and then I'll be first in line at their concert xD
Now see, the sad thing is that when you first said "after their last album", my first reaction was "Wait, after Unia?" I actually forgot about The Days of the Grays entirely for a moment, even though I'd grabbed it the day it came out (guilty of buying-because-I-like-the-band there).

What gets me is that when I got Silence; I hadn't heard a single track from it before purchasing it (see above case of buying) and yet it's now one of my ten favorite albums ever.

Well at the moment my favorite band is The Zac Brown Band. They sing about life itself, the good, the bad, and the ugly. They have a certain way of putting it that get's to me. The main part that i think why i like this band is that they sing of having a simple life.
They have great melody lyrics and soul.

My favorite band is Dream Theater. I got into these guys about two years ago and since then my taste in music has drastically changed. I had never heard rock musicians put that much skill into composing their musical pieces. With each album of theirs I heard, I just fell more in love with the band. The only band that comes contends with them for my favorite is Mr. Big. They're another band that just puts infinite amounts of effort into their songs. Granted their later albums were less creative but I feel that was due to the absence of Gilbert. But as far as favorite band, it's definetely Dream Theater.

I'm not one to pin any one band as my "favorite", mainly because I go through phases of different styles and bands.

My favorite of the time is 30 Seconds To Mars, which should come as a surprise to no one. xD I love these guys. Jared Leto's vocals are mind blowing, ranging from deep, low, moans to eardrum splitting screeches, all without sounding off. Shannon Leto's work on percussion is amazing, you should just see this guy play live. Tomo Milicevic is pretty good on the guitar, but he's really good at the synthesizer. And they're just so energetic and uplifting. Jared, I'll admit, is totally an egomaniac, but it just works for him.

And Jared's hot. :8F: yeah, stupid reason, but true. xD

I'm gona have to say foo fighters..

ty hawkins does some pretty dam good drum fills along the way and dave grohl's vocals just blow any room wide open, can feel the emotions in his voice easily, especially in Best of You, classic song.

also saw he went back to drumming to form Them Crooked Vultures with Josh Homme and John Paul Jones :O

still need to see foo fighters live tho :(

A little less than a month ago, I started to really like Nightwish. I can officially say that they are now my favourite band. They are diverse in themes, with a blend of metal and relaxation. Tarja's voice is flawless.
I have yet to decide on my favourite album, but I already have my favourite songs.

A little less than a month ago, I started to really like Nightwish. I can officially say that they are now my favourite band. They are diverse in themes, with a blend of metal and relaxation. Tarja's voice is flawless.
I have yet to decide on my favourite album, but I already have my favourite songs.

I also like Nightwish, a very nice and syphonic metal, I like the former singer
instead though, Tarja. But still Kamelot, is one of the best symphonic metal
bands in history. All their songs are epic! Hearing these musics again, reminds
me of myself as a metal fanatic!

Oooh its got to be a tie between Tool, Chevelle and breaking benjamin -- I honestly couldn't choose if someone paid me too, I love all bands, and their songs always have a deep and powerful meaning so its a three way tie! :gasp:

Well, I would say Nobuo Uematsu but if I should mention bands it gotta be The Black Mages... I really like their version of Dancing Mad...

MOD EDIT: Can we elaborate a little more on why these are your favorite musicians? This is considered to be a spammy post in a post count section. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright so first off is... Dream Theater

DT is amazing, despite their horrid vocalist. Percucci is an amazing guitars, one of my favorites. And Portnoy is my all time favorite drummer, he is simply amazing. My favorite song by them is Pull Me Under

Iron Maiden- You know, I just started to really listen to them, and I like em. My favorite song by them has to be Hallowed be thy Name

Metallica- One of the most influential bands in metal history. The guitar, the drums, everything. My favorite song by them is definitely Master of Puppets

Nightwish- You know, I really only liked them while they had Taja. Their new vocalist isnt as good as she was. But otherwise an excellent band. My favorite song by them is split between Poet and the Pendulum, and I Wish I had an Angel.

Transatlantic- You'll never find a prog band such as this. I mean, this is simply amazing, must I say more? GIve these guys a try. I recommend Dual with the Devil for a first song to listen to. Otherwise, just search them up, see what you find. The drummer from Dream Theater plays with these guys.

Rush- Another very influential band. Love the guitar and drums. Geddy's voice is starting to leave him though. Favorite song has to be YYZ

Great list of bands here.

Well i have so many favorites lol Breaking benjamin, Fratellis(go brits XD), um metric, flyleaf, and many more lol.....Honestly i have to many that i like im so un picky with songs i can like lol XD. Although one band i know i CANNOT listen to is nickelback they just never really got my attention at all lol. But oldies it would be a tie between Aerosmih, Kiss, and Journey :x3:
Oh i just remebered DAFT PUNK is my altime favorite techno band i call it a band so what wanna fight about it???? lol jk :x3:

Last edited:
Definately Neuroticfish! a dead project that went on for 10 years, but I still love every piece of work even now. It's just a shame that he didn't recieve the praise he deserved. He was definately a Godfather of electronic music <3

I don't think I've posted here yet. :hmmm:

I have a lot of favorites--those I recycle time and again: Forever The Sickest Kids, A Rocket To The Moon, The Cab, Go Radio, Motion City Soundtrack, and Jimmy Eat World to name a few. But the two bands that I just can't get enough of would have to be Hit The Lights and There For Tomorrow.

Hit The Lights, I love their I'm-too-cool-for-you, angsty songs. It's just one of a kind. :wacky: There For Tomorrow is more poetic, but to be honest I'm just really attached to Maika Maile's vocals. They're just...oh my god. D:

My favorite band would probably be Blind Melon or Less Than Jake, well, I actually have a lot of them, but I think I own more albums by these guys then any other band I like.

As for singers, I'd say Isabelle Antena, Aretha Frankin, or Wynona Judd (or Oren Lavie), but like I said above, I have a lot of singers/bands that I like, so I can't really make a solid decision.

My favourite band, which I doubt anyone has heard of, is Into Eternity. Their current vocalist is the greatest EVAR, their Scattering of Ashes album is the greatest album EVAR, uh, I'm not being specific, am I?
I love the vocals, and pretty much every aspect of their songs. Their music videos, I'll admit, seriously suck, but their music is awesome :ryan:
Although their newest album isn't that good.

OH BOY. I have a tie between Nickelback, Muse, Linkin Park, and Paramore. Their music makes up the majority of my iPod, I just can't get enough of them :D
I prefer Nickelback's older album All The Right Reasons than their newer ones (although Dark Horse isn't bad, I was so excited for it and I was a bit disappointed :mokken:), they have been my favorite band since I was in elementary school... but then I discovered Muse, my friend was quizzing me on my music, and I got Muse right every time. Their style is so memorable and Matt Bellamy's voice is heaven on earth :jess: Linkin Park IMO is the only good, current, rock band out there. Their songs have a small emo-edge, they sometimes scream, and I love every bit of it. Paramore is just such a fun and different band :awesome: Hayley's voice is beautiful and awesome, ugh... I just LOOOOOVE them. :D

Oh man, I have to divide mine up into two parts. The part where it's old school, and one that's more modern. :lew:

I love the Beatles to death. I have all their albums on my computer, in the car, on the stereo, and on my iPod. I had a phase in high school where they'd be the only band I'd listen to and I'd get flak for it from my classmates. :lew:

Currently, I'm going for the more international kind of rock/pop. Even though I do love Paramore to the extreme (thank you Kira :monster:), I tend to prefer bands who speak languages other than the ones I currently understand. Juanes from Colombia is great. So is Click-B, Shinhwa and others for K-pop. I tend to love great vocals on songs even if the accompanying beat is terribly shitty.

Back