What's your favourite band?

Bring Me The Horizon! :awesome:

One of the most epic bands ever, atleast in my opinion. I listen to a shit load of music genres, but I think I like Deathcore the most. I love Lady Gaga aswell. :3

Favorite song by BMTH is Chelsea Smile. <3

Pantera defintely. Love all their songs and just how hard and right everything sounds. Defintely keeps me awake when I'm at work.

Muse~

Though, Lamb of God/Fall of Troy/In Flames would be directly under them.

I was introduced to Muse quite a long time ago, so I can vouch in saying I was a fan far earlier than their sudden Twilight popularity. Stephenie Meyer just had to be a Muse fan >.>

Last edited:
I often find it impossible to pick between Muse and Oasis. Both absolutely incredible bands (though Oasis have definitely never been the same since the turn of the millennium) who deserve a lot of respect.

(What's the Story?) Morning Glory is the best album ever written, I think. They're still winning awards for it 15 years after its release. But then again I'd rate Origin of Symmetry very highly too.
Oasis have won several awards before for being the best British band to see live, and Muse are mentioned just as often in that category, and quite rightly.

But pressed to make the choice, I think Oasis slightly edge it purely on the fact that they've proven they can put together a long and incredibly successful career with staying power. Which I have full faith that Muse can do, mind.

my all time favorite band, hands down, is SlipKnoT. regardless of what people say, SlipKnoT has stood up to angry MushroomHead fans (hate mushroomhead), people saying they're "fake metal", and the media posting them as scary they have continued to produce an incredible amount of hits, multiplatinum albums, a Bilboard #1 album, and multiple grammy nominations and finally winning in 2004 for Before I Forget (as seen in Guitar Hero 3).

okay, now besides the band themself, the lyrics have a major impact on me. i have a lot of anger/angst (it's a teen thing i guess) and i just feel connected when i hear the music. i hear each instrument individually and in collaboration and it sounds so well put together i can't stand it. even individually the members are fantastic and corey taylor has arguably the best metal voice, if not best voice period. they just have the power and the sound and don't get the credit they deserve. they are one of the best bands of all time and my all time favorite

MAGGOT 4 LIFE!!!

Iron Maiden are by far my favourites. I have seen them live 6 times now, have all their albums and know all the anorak-level stuff there is to know about them.

Honourable mentions (roughly in order) include Metallica, Bruce Dickinson, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Deep Purple, Muse, Thin Lizzy and The Beatles. I listen to an awful lot of different stuff though, including really different stuff like Abba, Status Quo, Eric Clapton (and his various bands) and Stevie Ray Vaughan.

I'd have to say that my favorite band of all time is Rise Against. This is because they are among a select few bands that I can listen to everything on a CD, and I can't honestly categorize any of the songs as bad.
Among some of my close behind selections are Shinedown, Chiodos, We Came As Romans, and Atreyu. I listen to a wide variety of music from many genres, but I prefer the many subgenres of Rock usually.

diSEMBOWELMENT, Inquisition, (V.E.G.A.), Grand Belial's Key, Wolves In The Throne Room, Mgla, Boris, Weakling, Benighted In Sodom, Sunn O))), Drudkh, Gorgasm, Blut Aus Nord, Corrupted, Bohren Und Der Club Of Gore, Artificium Sanguis, Burzum, Deathspell Omega, Wormphlegm, Om, Portal, Agalloch, Satanic Warmaster, Lurker Of Chalice, Taake, Last Days Of Humanity, Khanate, Judas Iscariot, Leviathan, Sargeist, Immolation, Windir, Xasthur, Arghsolent

Yes they're all my favorite band.

Edit: -just noticed mod edit-

Well the reason why I love them all is because, to me, these bands are all innovators in their own right. The bands listed above are all dispersed among black metal, death metal, doom metal, etc. Yet they are not bands which sound "typical" of their genres or clones of any bands.

However, if I had to choose just 1 as my absolute favorite, it would have to be diSEMBOWELMENT. To me, they are absolute perfection. They manage to sublimely mix furious brutality, excrutiatingly slow, crushing, monolithic doom and tranquil ambience in such a way that they are all recognized as 1. What sucks is they only released 1 full-length, a demo and an EP and broke up back in the 90's, but they are still regarded as the forefathers of death/doom metal.

[Mod Edit: Could you please elaborate on this post. This is classed as spam in a post count section. Posting a list of bands isn't really telling us why you like them. Thanks. =)]

From the topic starter:

Post about your favourite band in this thread. Please elaborate in your posts and give reasons why a particular band is your favourite.

Last edited:
Well my fave bands are, In flames, Machine head, All that remains, Taking dawn, trivium, killswitch engage, at the gates, dark tranquility, metallica, disturbed, system of a down and rage against the machine

CheVelle, Disturbed, Silversun Pickups, Tool, Breaking Benjamin, Journey, and Led Zeppelin. They're just all the way awesome.

As you can see, I mainly like rock music. :britt:

Of Montreal, definitely!

Also, the Dresden Dolls.

[Mod Edit: Can you please try to elaborate a little more on your posts in post count sections? One liners are usually classed as spam, especially if they can be elaborated on and may be deleted next time. Thanks. =)]

Last edited by a moderator:
theres too many to name them all but i like AC/DC, Metallica, Linkin Park, Pink Floyd & Breaking Benjamin

[Mod Edit: Can you please try to elaborate a little more on your posts in post count sections? One liners are usually classed as spam, especially if they can be elaborated on and may be deleted next time. Thanks. =)]

I hav a list

Iosys
Beatles
ramones
Perfume
the mighty boosh
coldplay

Circa Survive's one of my favorite prog bands. Love Anthony's (the vocalist) voice. His voice is so unique. What else? Drumbeats are awesome, riffs are amazing and the lyrics are more or else cool! (Some of their lyrics are a bit weird xD)

I seriously can't choose a favourite, I have so many bands I love to death.

But i'll mention a few that are definitely up there...

Sonic Youth

sonic_youth.jpg

I love their unique sound, very experimental and just generally strange, this is the sort of music I like. They sound different to any other band i've heard, and are definitely different, too. Got an album by them called "Dirty" about 5-6 years ago, and ever since getting that, i've liked them a lot, since then, i've managed to get a lot of other albums, each are unique in their own way. Great sounding songs, love them. Some songs I reccomend by them are:

-Teenage Riot (Album: Daydream Nation)
-100% (Album: Dirty)
-Drunken Butterfly (Album: Dirty)
-Anti-Orgasm (Album: The Eternal)
-Chapel Hill (Album: Dirty)
-Schizophrenia (Album: Sister)
-Superstar (Album: Hits Are For Squares)
-Genetic (Album: Dirty)
-Satan Is Boring (Album: Bad Moon Is Rising)
-Rain King (Album: Daydream Nation)
-Kissability (Album: Daydream Nation)
-My Friend Goo (Album: Goo)
-Bull In The Heather (Album: Dirty)

Joy Division

joy_division_jpg_big.jpg

The most dark and depressing band i've heard, and because of that, I absolutely worship them. Ian's lyrics are so deep and meaningful, and i'm sure a lot of other people can relate to them, I know I certainly can. The songs are quite minimalist, but they get a message across, which is great. Fantastic band. The story behind Ian's death is really tragic, shame to lose such a great person. Some songs I reccomend:

-Isolation (Album: Closer)
-The Eternal (Album: Closer)
-Warsaw (Album: An Ideal For Living EP)
-No Love Lost (Album: An Ideal For Living EP)
-Leaders of Men (Album: An Ideal For Living EP)
-Love Will Tear Us Apart (Album: Love Will Tear Us Apart EP)
-Transmission (Album: Transmission EP)
-Disorder (Album: Unknown Pleasures)
-She's Lost Control (Album: Unknown Pleasures)
-Shadowplay (Album: Unknown Pleasures)
-Wilderness (Album: Unknown Pleasures)
#
-Ice Age (Album: Still)

Nirvana

nirvana.jpg

What can I say? It's Nirvana! One of the most influential bands for me personally when it comes to music, it's a shame about what happened to Kurt, but the lyrics he did write when he was alive were amazing, and defined an entire generation, there music is something everyone could relate to, and people still do to this day, me being one. You might be seeing a pattern here, the fact I like bands that write songs I can relate to, it just makes them that bit more better. Nirvana are a really powerful band, and I find their music to be interesting, messed up, really angsty, which is great! Songs I reccomend:

-Floyd The Barber (Album: Bleach)
-About A Girl (Album: Bleach)
-Love Buzz (Album: Bleach)
-Papercuts (Album: Bleach)
-Downer (Album: Bleach)
-Smells Like Teen Spirit (Album: Nevermind)
-Come As You Are (Album: Nevermind)
-Lithium (Album: Nevermind)
-Lounge Act (Album: Nevermind)
-Endless, Nameless (Album: Nevermind)
-Breed (Album: Nevermind)
-Aneurysm (Album: Incesticide)
-Polly (Album: Nevermind)
-Dive (Album: Incesticide)
-Mexican Seafood (Album: Incesticide)
-Scentless Apprentice (Album: In Utero)
-Radio Friendly Unit Shifter (Album: In Utero)
-Very Ape (Album: In Utero)
-Even In His Youth
(Album: With The Lights Out Box Set)

Artist for me vary by genre. Of the main genres that I listen to my favourite artists would have to be:

Metal: Hatebreed, Himsa, Slayer, Bloodlined Calligraphy, Walls of Jericho and Lamb of God

Symphonic Metal/Rock: Within Temptation, Sirenia, Forever Slave and Nightwish

Other major artists include: T.M.Revolution and Lady Gaga. I mean seriously, you can't really go anywhere and not hear Lady Gaga, she's amazing! :D

Okaaay...Keep in mind that while I own quite a few albums from quite a few people, the ones listed below are bands that I have most of, if not all the albums for because I enjoy them that damn much.

Bands
Nightwish (Because it is one of the first still-active bands I fell in love with.)
Sonata Arctica (Engrish Metal, as I call it :p)
Northern Kings (Seriously. Who wants to hear the vocalist from Terasbetoni cover Frank Sinatra?)
Blind Guardian (Fantasy rock/metal at its best.)
Rhapsody of Fire (I like to think that this band was formed when a bunch of men who played Dungeons and Dragons as kids took their geekery to a new level :) )
Dragonforce (Own all their albums, seen them live twice. FAREWELL ZP.)
Alestorm (Pirate metal. That says it all.)
Krypteria (They're an odd band that still doesn't seem to know where it fits. Kinda pop-metally, really.)
Oingo Boingo (Odd one out, huh?)
Rammstein (Over the top in ever sense of the phrase. Love 'em.)
Lordi (I know Alice Cooper and Arthur Brown got the horror-theatre stuff moving, and I know GWAR did the monster costumes first, but Lordi just comes across as more fun.)
The Beatles (you all must list this group. I mean it.)

Last edited:
Sonata Arctica has been my fave for years! But since their last album I lost interest. I also stepped a bit away from that Metal genre and focused more on soundtracks.
I don't have a fave band at the moment, but lately I listen to Three Days Grace and Skillet.

Amazing raw voices, awesome guitar work. Time of dying from Three days Grace is my fave song and from Skillet it has to be Monster.

Symphony X
Dream Theater
Nightwish
Wintersun
Rhapsody of Fire

This is my current top 5. I'm a sucker for the progressive/symphonic stuff

Sonata Arctica has been my fave for years! But since their last album I lost interest.

Their last album was rather underwhelming I'll admit. I've been trying to listen to it more lately though, just to see if I can pick out a few songs from it I actually like. By contrast, one listen to Unia and "It Won't Fade" jumped out as a favorite, and I loved their cover of "Out in the Fields". (What is it with Finland doing Gary Moore? :p )

Overall though, my favorite album from them is Silence, with Unia and Ecliptica tying for second.

Back