What's your favourite band?

Hm.... This is hard
i'd say Three Doors Down

I simply love their music. It's great IMO and I could (if wanted) listen to them all day. They are a very talented group of people and I love all their songs that i've heard. Very catchy, great lyrics, nice lyrics and music. Very awesome band and i've seen them live before and aren't bad. ^_^
one of the best rock groups IMO.

For me:

Paradise Lost: I've loved these guys since I first got ahold of their first album. Simply amazing. They really turned me onto the Doom Metal scene. Personal favorites are: "Angel Tears", "Your Own Reality", "Say Just Words", "Erased", "Gothic", and "How Soon is Now?".

Katatonia: Another huge fave of mine. Got into these guys shortly after Paradise Lost by recommendation of a friend who was a huge fan of both. Newest album was by far their best but I absolutely love The Great Cold Distance. My fave songs are "Murder", "Night is the New Day", "Forsaker", "My Twin", "Sweet Nurse", "Deliberation", and everything off of Saw You Drown.

Porcupine Tree: While I'm not as big a fan of them as I am the two preceding, they still hit my top 5. Amazing band overall. "Open Car", "Anesthetize", "Lazarus", and "Piano Lessons" are my fave songs. Really good "chill" music for when Metal doesn't work for me.

Pink Floyd: Does this need a description? :p Pink Floyd is one of the most influential bands to hit my ears. I love pretty much anything they've made.

Arch Enemy: One of the only metal bands that I bother listening to anymore. One of the first Death Metal bands I got into. Followed them as a fan for a few years but eventually started tiring of them. "Rise of the Tyrant", 'Nemesis", "Vultures", "Revolution Begins", and "Dark of the Sun" are notably my favorite songs.

Animal Collective: Really just a wall of noise, but listen to "Grass" and "My Girls" and I promise you'll fall in love like I did. =p

Thanks for the heads-up about the posting format Kandy-Sugar. =]

Last edited:
I love Kelly Clarkson. Does she count as a "band" I don't listen to all the "hipp-ah-tee-hop" you younger folks listen to. I mostly enjoy a quiet evening listening to classical music like piano pieces and orchestras :)

(I enjoy Justine Timberlake, and The Killers as well. )

I love Kelly Clarkson. Does she count as a "band" I don't listen to all the "hipp-ah-tee-hop" you younger folks listen to. I mostly enjoy a quiet evening listening to classical music like piano pieces and orchestras :)

(I enjoy Justine Timberlake, and The Killers as well. )
Ooh The Killers. Forgot to mention them as well. "Midnight Show", "Spaceman", and "Read My Mind" are my favorites from them. Definitely a fantastic band.

Traditionally my fav band overall is AFI
right now though it would have to be Dance Gavin Dance.

Oops forgot reasons why.
Well AFI covers so many genres so from the early 90's to now their sound is always fresh and new. Some of the best lyric writing and music writing in rock today.

Dance gavin Dance
They have a windy flowy guitaring style that just got better through the last 3 years. Bass recently got really funky and fun. Drumming has seen much improvement with the change of sound. The most important part however is their old singer is a legend in the scene. Their new singer brings something new to the band and caused the sound to change into something more funky and fun.

Last edited:
Okay people can we please read the rules on the fist page before posting:

We decided that the old thread was poorly organised and far too spammy, so we've decided to remake the thread.

Post about your favourite band in this thread. Please elaborate in your posts and give reasons why a particular band is your favourite.

One liner posts will be classed as spam and may be deleted without warning.

As stated above, simply stating a band is not enough. You must elaborate and give reasons as to why they're your favourite.

Thank you.

Last edited:
I have so many favourite bands I'm not even really sure where to begin. They range from Tool to 30 Seconds to Mars to My Chemical Romance. I go through phases of where I want to listen to certain bands and/or specific songs from them. Like right now my current obsessions would be 30 Seconds to Mars, My Chemical Romance, and 12 Stones. But really if I had to name all of my faves it'd be 30 Seconds to Mars, My Chemical Romance, 12 Stones, Breaking Benjamin, Lifehouse, Muse, The Calling, Red Jumpsuit Apparatus and the list just goes on and on.

I have too many favorite bands to pick one. It depends on my mood. Sometimes I'm in the mood for Breaking Benjamin or Black Sabbath. Or Alice in Chains or Led Zeppelin. My Chemical Romance or Coldplay. Muse or Alan Parsons Projects. The Beatles.

I really can't pick any favorites. Alice in Chains was the first band I listened to independently of course ^^

Last edited:
I have quite a few different ones, but here's a small handful:

The Goo Goo Dolls-my favorite band since I was 14, and I still love them. Really just their sound, John Rzeznik's voice just has this incredible gravelly, sort of humble quality to it, and they have great guitar work in every song. They're also able to sing about common themes like love without sounding stereotypical or common. Their mid-late 90's stuff is my favorite, but I still love their newer albums too.

Tori Amos- she's able to write songs in completely different genres and still tie them together as hers with her lyric style. She does everything from dark and brooding to warm and fuzzy without any of it seeming unnatural, and she can write about simple things in really interesting ways. Plus, I can sing along with her really well. :D

Sunny Day Real Estate- I'm not particularly good with sorting music into genres, etc, but these guys are what I would imagine "emo" to have been originally defined as--music that goes directly from the artist's soul to the instrument without any planning. Jeremy Enigk, the lead vocalist, sings as though he doesn't care who is listening, and it's wonderful--raw emotion that still ends up sounding beautiful and brilliant. Many of the lyrics are enigmatic and sometimes difficult to even understand, which leaves the meanings wide open to interpretation; and a lot of times they make unusual notes/chords work together in ways you'd never expect. I'm not sure whether they're still together at the moment, but they also have a side project called The Fire Theft which has a very similar sound.

King's X- Crazy, loud, in-your-face rock music. I saw them once and they played for over 2 hours, it was phenomenal. Doug Pinnick can absolutely sing your ass off. Must be listened to at full volume.

And, of course, good ol' Nobuo Uematsu. :inlove: He could write a symphony on a kazoo.

OK, I kind of have 2 favourite bands.

Number 1: Panic! At The Disco, when they first came about their music was different to me, and I loved the way AFYCSO was kind of divided into 2 different feels, with the futuristic stuff and then the Jazzy vibe near the end. I just thought that album was amazing and still love listening to those songs now. I just loved how they weren't afraid to step out of their comfort zone when they released Pretty Odd as well, it was very different to the first album but it was still full of catchy tunes and "Nine in the Afternoon" is just wacky! I've also seen them live and Brendon Urie just has an amazing voice. :inlove:

Number 2: Fall Out Boy, I admit I'm not really one of the ones that have followed them from the beginning, I only started loving this band after "Dance Dance", and have loved them ever since, "Dance Dance" is my all time favourite song and nothing has actually managed to top it yet. I think Patrick Stump is majorly talented and has a great vocal range, and their music videos are very different too, I've also seen this band live too and I love the jumps and twirls that Pete and Joe do on stage.

My favourite band would have to be The Afghan Whigs.
They're quite a unique sounding bound. They're a Alt/Grunge band but unlike other bands of that genre their main influences are Motown groups. Plus they do sleazy grunge particularly well.

Sheesh its hard picking one favorite now a days. I'll only list current bands because I think that'll give it more justice.

Primus - Excellent Bassist... as well as Drummer.

Tool, I dunno if they are current still since they only get back together on occasion and do stuff.. but they are my all time favorite for right now. Maynard as vocals, Adam on Guitar and Danny on the drums... most talented drummer ever.

Puscifer - Maynards latest creations... I love the abstractness of this band.. excellent use of technology and real music along with vocal guests from Mila Jovovich. Yea the girl from Resident Evil has a voice !

That's all for me.

Last edited:
My favourite band would have to be Metallica.

I own all of their albums and Music DVD's. >.<

Steve and I love this band which is good as it's not annoying for either of us if we have it up loud on the T.V.

I love that even though some of their songs can go on forever, that I don't really notice and actually enjoy it all the way through.

It's very hard to keep my attention and they do a fine job at it.

They can bloody play their instruments well. I wouldn't care if they're was no vocal involved. I just love how the instrumental part. :gonk:

Dream Theater.

Simply the best band that exists, from epic orchestral pieces to face melting metal solos these guys can really cover a wide range of styles. I love the diversity of their music, every song is a different story with a unique sound.

Being a guitarist myself, i was in awe of John Petrucci's greatness from the first time i saw/heard him play. He is simply an amazing guitarist and undoubtably one of the greatest of all time. Mike Portnoy is also an incredible drummer along with Rudess being a virtuoso keyboard player. Rudess' fingers can move at freakish speeds while performing flawless melodies, it's very impressive.

I could go on and on about how amazing they are, but i think you get the gist of it hehe. I have to say there isn't a single album maybe even song of theirs i dislike.:woo:

:tehe:

Last edited:
Well, there's too many to choose from but...if I had to choose it would have to be Nujabes. Aesthetic beats, sometimes incorporated with lyrics, makes the best chill/kick-back music. Keeps my mind at peace.

For my other genre equal to hip hop is Jap music. Which would go to Lamp. Jazzy, and peaceful. Some of the really good songs aren't on youtube, or the web in general so they are usually overlooked. But I feel blessed that I found them a while ago.

It's hard for me to narrow it down to just one artist, especially as I kind of go through phases and find myself flitting between genres. However, if I was forced to narrow it down to just one I'd probably say AKB48 as there's much more to than than just their music. Of course I'm well aware of the fact that thy're one of the most "plastic" bands out there and that really they're just a big marketing ploy but that doesn't stop me loving them any less. I've been neglecting them recently as I don't want them steam rolling their way through my last.fm charts like they have done in the past but whenever I do have the odd song on at the moment I still feel like I'm catching the bug again and could listen to them for weeks on end. Seeing them live is still the greatest moment of my life.

Since about 11 it has been Red Hot Chili Peppers for me! Up until then i listened to pop music but then i heard By the way and that was changed forever! It was actually a life changing experience.
They are so talented, as musicians and as lyricists. Flea is the reason i got my bass :). he is the best bassist i have ever seen, or heard, in my whole life. Just awesome!
Im so upset that John Frusciate has left! Hopefully it wont affect the band too much as he has left before and with dave navarro in tow they produced One Hot Minute, one of my favourite albums tbh.
They have never really fully left their funk roots and are still rocking after over 20 years! RCHP.. i love you! I even have a red hot chili pepper tattoo :D

Right now its got to be Metric! Good band way to less of credit though they have some great music and talent in the music industry they are a breath of fresh air to me I mean we have Fall Out Boy, Paramore and all those bands with the same sound and to have a band like Metric is a relief to not be stuck with the same old same.

Cage The Elephant!

They're from Bowling Green Kentucky, and it's so surprising when you hear how much they rock. They're like a kick back into the early classic rock. They're just awesome. I love the guy's voice, it's sick. And the lyrics are really unique and cool. And I cannot lie, the guitars and drums are insane on the membrane.

If you haven't heard of them, you gotta check them out. They're great.

Pre 2009 Enter Shikari
now i say that because Enter Shikari use to Rawk, Combining Raving Techno and MetalCore screams and somehow amazingly pulled it off(unlike bands now a days like attack! attack! (god they suck) )
Rou's lyrics are also just out of this world especially in "Anything can Happen in the next half hour" Lyrics in that that song are amazingly beautiful just like his screaming

and any band that can fill the 2nd stage at reading and leeds Fest, play at Big Day Out in Australia,NZ to a big crowd AND be good enough to break Japan and play shows as big as they do in the UK must be good ehh?

Sadly though as there new album arrived in 2009 they where bad =[
no Screams
Preachy Lyrics
just bad =[

Check out the pit at like 0:35

100 post

Last edited:
Back