Original Dissidia: Love it or Hate it?

I thought it was a really good game, and a big step away from traditional final fantasy - yet something most fans would adore.
The gameplay is something I'm a bit rubbish at, I prefer traditional RPG fighting than one-on-one fights. But I was still hooked from the start. I thought it reallywas a brilliant idea. Well done Squeenix

I really liked this game because I have played lot of FF games and now I could even play as the villains (Golbez :D ). the story was quite epic and the gameplay/battle system were awesome. It's a game that any FF player should try.

Woot

:ohshit:

Absolutely love it. I have been constantly playng it since it came out.

really enjoy the story lines. The main thing that i really like about this game has to be the wealth of characters that you can use/unlock.

The battle stages are some of the largest ive seen on the PSP(for any fighting game on the system).

Even though ive beaten the game since i 1st got it, i still find myself popping it into my psp to use different battle combination's.

Dissidia was a great game. Unfortinaly I'm going to have to say I neither love it nor hate it. The thing that I like is the game play. Its a super cool idea to get to play as the many heros (and villians). The whole brv and hp thing was genius. Also the asst and summing was cool as well. The only thing I though was keeping me from LOVING it was some of the dialouge and voice acting. I also felt that the story was weak but aside from that it was good. We can all agree we want more characters loll.

I love Dissidia alot, Its a great game especially too see that one on one fighting style incorparated in a rpg game with some big time FF characters from past and present. I thought it was cool how they took all the main characters from the major titles and their main rivals as well add the main battle themes. In Dissidia 012 I was expecting more people who where allies and stuff to be in, regardless I was satisfied with lighting,tifa and even Yuna.

I love the storyline the game had and its very easy to follow at that, Not to mention being able to level up suprised me which really gives me a reason to keep playing after I beat it cause I like maxing out my characters, and to see certain moves like lightins Scene Drive in the game without the slow mo :( was Fantastic, it was one of those moves I loved spamming. Good battle mechanics, and great finishing move I dont see why anyone would hate the game.

I like it, but I don't love it.

The gameplay is addictive, the mechanics work well, and aesthetically, it's pretty nice. Furthermore, it was a good idea to use the main hero/heroine and main nemesis. The differences between each character provided variety and allowed each player to select a fighting style that best suited them.

However, games of this genre rarely have complex stories, so their value is somewhat limited. Additionally, I would have liked to see the characters they introduced in the second game, such as Yuna.

Gameplay sucked an was repeatitive, story was shallow, the characters were all Flanderized. I don't know how many times I wanted to choke the shit out of Cloud for being too emo, or Tifa for being stupid, or Vaan for talking about ships. But the game play is where I hate the game. Admittedly I only played enough to level Yuna and Shantotto. But the game lacks any depth at all. Some characters are much better, and the roster feels really unbalanced. On one end you have Yuna, and Garland, who will fuck your shit up faster than you can say "androgyny," and on the other end you have Ex-Death and Gabranth, who can only kill you after asking very nicely. In fact I wanted to enjoy this game so I rushed leveled both Yuna and Shantotto. There was really nothing in the game that posed a threat, all enemies seem to die if you just say mean things to them. I would have played on but I thought, "Why would I? I can beat level 120 guys with a level 10 Yuna, I don't think I'm going to get any better at the game." There's a lot of needless flying around, and a lot of spectacle. And Ex mode is useless unless your one of 2 characters 1) Gabranth, and you need to be in Ex-mode to do any damage, and Shantotto in Dissidia, because her bravery won't go down. Also the Bravery system sucks! It's just wasting time, and giving the battles a fake epicness to them because you need to attack twice in order to do damage, if even that. I spent fourty bucks on this game hoping to cum in my metaphorical nerd pants, and I couldn't even get a nerd stiffy from it. I was so disappointed I sold the game back to Gamestop, for 9$ because it was taking up too much space in my empty PSP case. And now all I have to show is memories, poor helpless memories, 31 dollars of regret, and this small rant.

Back