Original Dissidia: Love it or Hate it?

I still dont understand how you finish a fighting game

Finish all story modes and fight on endlessly
Once your get the secret ending by finishing all storey modes you have finished the storey mode game and can endlessly fight if you wish
That is how you technically "finish" the game

well, it's my first game i bought for my psp and i wasn't really sure about it (i heard good things thou), a fighting game wasn't even expected for me to the FF sagas, it's pretty cool now that i spent most of my free time playing it :D.

Finish all story modes and fight on endlessly
Once your get the secret ending by finishing all storey modes you have finished the storey mode game and can endlessly fight if you wish
That is how you technically "finish" the game

no, thats how you finish the fighting game's story. but thats not finishing the fighting game itself

I like dissidia and I thought it was great how you could play as the villians but I hated the role of the summons they should have been able to fight in battle

I loved the game, Terra is one of my favorite characters ever and the fact she has so many viable tactics makes me extremely happy. The retarded amounts of grinding for weapons is somewhat oftputting though, and can be rather annoying. In the sequel, they should lessen the amount of grinding in the game I suppose, if only by a bit.

Well i like this game alot lol Finaly we get to be the FF Baddies X3 but i agree with Miki about the grinding but thats prolly my laziness kicking in lol but although it isnt my favorite ff games or "square enix" games i did like the gameplay a whole bunch and the fact that i always wondered what would happen when/if the different FF's characters would meet but i was thoroughly pleased with how it turned out......phew lol XD

With over 5000 battles on Dissidia, I think its safe to assume this was definitely worth the money and Time spent towards it. I was just looking through my monthly game mag and I saw the familiar faces Sqaull, Cloud, Tidus and Sephiroth.

After a bit more research I found out what Dissidia was all about and at FTL l was at the store laying my money down for what turned out to be the best FF game I had got in a long time:)

I bought a PSP purely for Dissidia, well worth it I reckon. I just love how there are so many different ways to fight because you're not in a compact stage like in Street Fighter, Soul Calibur etc., also you can personalize the moves of each character to your liking. I was waiting for a game like this ever since Smash Brothers for N64 came out.

Personally I think SE should use this game's system and collaborate with other companies; imagine Bleach in the style of Dissidia, that would be an amazing game right there.

First, I'm going to set aside the character roster, and speak from a design perspective.

We all know that the combat system was somewhat based on a cross between Kingdom Hearts and the feel of Advent Children. On that note alone, how many other good fighting games are out there that can boast that kind of structure? The whole game is innovative and rather unique in that sense.

Most fighting games are also pretty straightforward. Select a character(s) beat the boss, get the ending. In Dissidia - you have to gain levels, buy and work for equipment you need.

Now that I think about it ~ I don't think it'd be fair to compare this game to other standard Fighting games. That's just it - there's nothing standard about Dissidia.

I bought a PSP just so I could play this game. I was in Japan on day 1 when it came out on shelves. I now own both versions and very I'm happy with the purchases I made.

The only thing I wish they'd do ~ is make an upgraded console version for it hehehe. But I'm not a marketing guy so I don't know how feasible the idea would be.

Love and Peace!

i truly love this game its amazing even though there were a couple of other characters i was hoping to see in this game but im pretty happy the way it turned it sure it gets repeative after awhile but i dont think you will ever be bored with the game there is always something to do or some item to get or some other player to beat so you will always be doing something on this game ( i for one have a looooong way to go XD)

It wasn't bad really, but I found myself not wanting to play it again after I was done, and I didn't come away from it talking about it or becoming more interested in Chaos or Cosmos, and the story that went on -- It wasn't bad but it wasn't impressionable to be, and it certainly didn't make me like any other FF characters.

I couldn't put it down when i first played it. Cloud and Tidus was so easy and fun to use it made the game more addictive. I thought they couldv'e made a better storyline but i still like the game and the gameplay.

OMG I know what you mean....I started with Warrior of Light until I got him to level 67. And I <3 Warrior of Light ! :D. Then I thought, I better start to lvl on the other heroes too :p and chose Cloud...and :holyshit:....HIS SKILLS AND SHEER POWER JUST TOOK ME BY SURPRISE :D! I love Cloud's HP attack, Braver and of course Omnislash ;)) . Also love Firion's skills - especially his HP attack that shoots arrow...so cool :busta:. I have yet to try Terra, hope her skills will be as cool as the rest :/

Ohoh...I totally freaked out and was LMAO when I saw Zidane and Onion Knight's EX Mode lol XD. One looks like a hairy pink monkey while the other....a Priest/Ninja? ROFL....

The best thing I love about Dissidia is: I get to play Warrior of Light! I love Warrior of Light the most :D The first and original Final Fantasy hero, nothing can beat that XD totally worthy to be the leader.

Didn't care for it. I thought the gameplay was fun at first but then it quickly became very boring. It would've been better if you had more attacks that didn't rely on what direction you pointed the analog stick. Also, I didn't really care for the voice acting. I found it surprising how they managed to make Squall seem even more angsty. All in all, it wasn't a terrible game. But it could've used alot more work.

I love the game because I can beat people into the ground....AGAIN
Only down side I found was there was not enough characters to choose from.

Dissidia was a really good idea in my opinion.
It gave FF fans a chance too play as their favorite characters a second time.
It also gave us fans a choice between good and evil, which is always something that's pretty cool when added to any game.

I liked it. I loved being able to play as Tidus and Cloud and the ability to play as the villains made it even better in my opinion.

And :seph:Ex Mode/burst? :holyshit: Supernova may be my favorite limit break of all time.

The story could have been MUCH better.i never felt to intrigued by Cosmos and Chaos. I was disappointed that there was no "evil" campaign it feels like a missed oppurtunity to me....

BUT it is overall a great game and the addtion of amazing(yet optional) battle music selector gave it a certain special feel.

I thought the game was really, really good. A collection (not very large though) of some great characters to pick from. I started with Terra and mastered her, now I'm on Buntz, level 78. I'm 53 hours into the game and I still haven't unlocked Chaos or Cosmos (probably 'cause I don't know how). But I really love the game, I felt that the story was a re telling of the first games, but eh.

I recently played and beat FFI and then connected a lot of story from that to Dissidia, namely Chaos. lol

I love the game, so I voted "I love it!"

9.0/10 scale.

The only bad side, was that there wasn't enough characters and Terra didn't get to equip swords or actually use them, something she could do in the actual game *sighs angrily*

I love it, the game was really good. Though I must admit, I had a hard time fighting Chaos again, he was freaking strong in the 2nd part! but still, it's great. I mastered Cloud, Squall, Tidus, Terra and Sephiroth :sup: the rest of the characters are all level 60 and above except for the villains. It would be cool too if FF XIII was included, I wanted to play Lightning/Claire :x3:

Back