Original Dissidia: Love it or Hate it?

I can't get enough of it! I'm absolutely addicted, and I was really happy that so much more was unlocked once I had "completed" the game. The system is great, battlegen is really interesting and creative, and generally, it's an amazing game!

I love Final Fantasy Dissidia!!!! Though i have never played it =P i still love it! why you ask? Because it combinds all of the Final Fantasy I-X. And all of them have voices, though the american version sucks with voices! It's pronounced ZadAne not ZadOn...dumbshits...Anyways....I like the fighting battle setup and how it's not as traditional as the original fighting setups of previous FF games. Oh, and also, the remix of the music! I gotta say, just by looking at it, it's the best.
If only, if only, i had a PSP....sigh*

Last edited:
Actually, it is pronounced as Zid-On, since Zidane is a french name and the pronunciation comes from its latin roots

I love the game <3, mainly because I can show it off at school and make everyone jealous :3 but also because of its gameplay. Its like the ultimate rpg and fighting game fusion

Yeah, I love it as it has a resonable level of difficulty and it is hard for a completionist. I like the format and everything and the graphics and musics are great as well as the storyline.

i really like Dissida because you were able to customize battles once you bought the characters from the pp cataloge. I also liked how you were able to fight, such as running up walls and flipping in the air.

Let's just say, if your not into FF, you wouldn't even bother to pick up this off the shelf to even look at it. I'm dissapointed in the gameplay, it's extremely bland, and cruedly put together. I have yet to see what the storyline is like. So I'm not sure about that. Me being the FF fan that I am, like it so far. It's not too bad, but it's not at all impressive.

Let's just say, if your not into FF, you wouldn't even bother to pick up this off the shelf to even look at it. I'm dissapointed in the gameplay, it's extremely bland, and cruedly put together. I have yet to see what the storyline is like. So I'm not sure about that. Me being the FF fan that I am, like it so far. It's not too bad, but it's not at all impressive.

I know a bunch of people that no nothing about ff or its characters, and like the game merely because of its gameplay. The custom combos, full 3D maps, the ability to freely control your character along with customizable movesets(awesome graphics dont hurt either). The gameplay is really unique, but thats the same reason that many like/hate the ssb series. Although it does get boring when you have no one to play with

i LOVED the game. The only thing i hated was that they took the whole wild rose thing overboard in firion's story...

Firion_and_the_Wild_Rose.jpg

>:(

But hes Mr, NGGGGGGHHHHHH ROSEBUD

without his wild rose, he cannot breathe

plus it really added a depth to his character, which is really great, since he was just some guy everyone forgot in the original ff2

I LOVE it!!! xD
I really like all the characters! ^_^
I thought most games where you just fite is borin, but this really changed my mind :L

i thought it was going to be the best game on earth when i first heard about it,why its always that playing as the villains gets the fans excited??? it gets boring too fast,after story mode,all you could do is train your characters and level them up,but for what???nothing!

I love Dissidia because all the Characters is in it. like, Cloud,Tidus,Gabranth and squall and alot more. But yea it's lame when you finnish the whole game you will get bord and got nothing else to do.

So i'm mixed, i hate it and i love it

Last edited:
This game was amazing!!! I luv dissidia for the sheer amount of effort the makers put into creating this masterpiece, all for the 20th anniversary of Final Fantasy. Dude, before this game was even talked about, I've always been thinking up ideas about a 3D, First-person fighting games, and here comes SQ, Bam! Epicness! I'm truly impressed how SQ made a great game out of the Fighting Genre, when they've been makin RPG's for 20 years.

Ye, its sorta boring after finishing the game, but come on! It was great while it lasted!

You know? It would be evil to not make another game like this.:awesome:

I still dont understand how you finish a fighting game

can someone explain that to me?

if you mean by clear story mode, the story is only meant to get you ready for the real game

if you mean by getting all items/ accessories, that only means that you are now ready to play the game and create unique sets, the way you are supposed to

I don't like this game because of the crappy storyline and vocals (such as Squall and Zidane).
I liked Cloud,Tidus and Firion's stories and Cecil and Terra were ok but the rest was horrible in my opinion.

This is the best game for the psp. I love it. I would like to see another game like this. Square Enix really went all out. Good graphics, good sound, good story. Dissidia is worth all the money you spent on it. I have very few high level characters though. I spend time in Arcade Mode. My highest level is 41 with Squall. Because of this game being only for the psp I have come to hate the DS and DSI. I am glad I got this game. I love it 100%.

Ah man the game is non fun and the dialog is a joke " dont fight him hes to strong let me go" yeah LSD much?
Yet another game thet makes me question why I keep buying them.....I think it had promise if they thought people over 5years old where playing them.
Appealing to the masses and keeping the "fans" is a fine line im sure but it could have been more ...evolved I guess. I felt like "here is a game for a person who has never played any kind of game in their life" It had some interesting aspects and things I liked but makeing me feel like iim in diapers while I play it just made it a downer

I love this game!! I have almost completed the chapters with Every character all though i made the mistake of leaving the worst characters to last which makes it harded to complete. I love the whole fighting concept..and the fact you can save your favorite replays...its alot better then that Ehrgeiz fighting game that featured FFVII characters..

I love this game. It's the only game I can think of where level-grinding is actally fun!
Sure...the story was a little dissapointing...but it's an action game. Action games mostly focus on ACTION.
I like how the characters react to each other before battle such as:
Kefka: What IS it you want?!
Sephiroth: You're annoying.
You can have fun just leveling up your characters, like I said before.

Back