Original Dissidia: Love it or Hate it?

Neither...

Let's just say that if the game didn't have Final Fantasy characters in it, I never would have bought it. I can't force myself to devote to more than a 15 minute session with this game. I even offered to give it away, but my friend didn't want it either. o_O

I'm still glued to Crisis Core because it's handy and enjoyable wherever I go.

Well, I simply love Dissidia, (Yay Gabranth!) but still, if there were more characters, it would be even more fun (nah, seriously -_-) like Zack and Genesis. But still, you have to admit it rocks. Yup, I agree there are some things that could have been better, but who cares. And indeed, CC was one of the most epic games in the FF series (IMO) but you can't compare those 2 games....

So, here is the core of my reply. Dissidia is different, but that doesn't means it is crap. ^_^

Last edited:
Why I liked it I love the game because it is simply awesome, it has 22 fighters that we all know and love, and it is unique from most other fighter games because there is actually a nice story and many customisable abilities and weaponary. Also there was claneder bonuses which I like coz I am disorganised, it helped me sort out my gaming. Plus you gotta love omega stages and mail ^_^

yellow.gif

Why I disliked it I dislike the game because when I heard about destiny oddisys I thought there was going to be a map and walking around talking to people and some PROPER cameos. (not just manuels). Also the nude characters Cloud of Darkness is whore! so is Kuja! I'm bi and I only like shirtless Sephy :) Something about cloud of darkenss and ultimecia doesnt appeal to me, and Kuja is just... No word for it.

Improvements? Needs an area where you can walk around freely and go to shops, and maybe even see some characters we all know. And we need to add Kingdom hearts char's Sora, Roxas, Xemnas and Axel (dont like heartless ansem). And maybe even Zack, Genesis, Yuna and Seymor. Also maybe other bosses we all know and love, instead of just other people and manikins.

WHY CANT WE HAVE REACTION COMMANDS IN THIS GAME?

I rest my case ^_^

Last edited by a moderator:
maybe there are not that much fighters becouse its just 4 psp?
would it be for ps3 or somethink ther would be i think all characters of all FF and there would be a area were you can go around and talk to your fighters.
maybe there would be a story mode for the chaos characters too but who knows what there would be if it wasnt just for psp.

so long

It's soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good.

I mean, wow!

So I just started this game and I can see myself playing this game for years to come there's so much to do and so much to unlock. I will be honest at first I felt a little overwhelmed but not after a few hours.

Great stuff!

It's a great game. Battle system is really great. There is much to unlock like characters and many more. Leveling up, searching for the weapons and many more. It's really a great game.

I thought the battle system was pretty fine. Feels good to bash up the opponent countless times then finish him/her off with one blow. Furthermore, I think the story's pretty fine as well. To allow us to play as the villains for once is just another plus factor. I never thought I could ever use Kuja's Ultima as a normal skill over and over like this, lol.

I was, at the beginning quite impressed with the gameplay, it seemed fun and immensing.

However, as I got further into the game and completed it with a few character (Lvl 100) it wasn't as fun anymore.

I have to say, I expected a longer storyline that the short one that it was. Disappointed!

However, generally the gameplay was fun, and it was a challenge, and I liked the board feature.

So I voted for neither, seems more accurate than anything else I can say.

Well I picked up Dissidia on day one and I have enjoyed it for some time, it took me a while to get used to the gameplay as it was kind of new to me and I thought it was rather fun. When I completed shadow impulse I thought yay I have finished it haven't I?! and then it was like MORE UNLOCKED and I was like oh my god how much more do I have to do. This game has a lot to do and finding all the best gear and that can take time, I have no disapointments with it but if I had to be really picky, the story should of been longer with more environments.

I absolutely love Dissidia:FF. I've played it for 38 or 39 consecutive days :D I know, I need a life, but its a really addictive game. I'm too determand to beat Inward Chaos to leave the game alone.

Gettin' towards 50 straight days now. And I managed to beat Inward Chaos :D Now I must get 100% on everything before I put it donw for a break :P

Last edited:
I really liked it... I wouldn't say LOVE it. It's a lot of fun, but I was kinda disapointed w/ the ending, and the fact that there weren't more 'super high graphics' as my sister and I call it. Other than that, I though it was a lot of fun, and a great oppurtunity to see how characters interact with each other. (As well as presenting more fan fiction ideas!!!)

even though it was not as good as i exspected i still could not find it in me to put the game down. in fact im still trying to get everyone on level 100,lol. and same as sorrelstars little i wish there were more 'super high graphics' =^.^=

It's great, I love it. The story can get a little repetitive and I think the hero/villain storylines could sometimes be fleshed out a little more. But even though it has Final Fantasy on it, its a fighting game above all else. No one should be buying it for the story. The game is pure fanfare, that's what it is, and that's why I love it.

It's like a dream, being able to play as some of my favorite characters again except in really great graphics for once. Not only that, but I can play as the villains. I've wished for years that I could have controlled Sephiroth when he's 'in your team' in FFVII for that short flashback Cloud has in the beginning of the game. Finally I can play as him and everybody else to my hearts content.

It still very much has the Final Fantasy elements in it, in a fairly creative way. I wasn't really expecting it to have RPG elements when it's clearly a fighting game. It's got levels, items, an aircraft carrier's size of items and unlockables. Tons of references to a bunch of different Final Fantasy's if your keen enough to spot them. The difficulty is fair, nothing is impossible, unless you want to make it that way.

It's also one of the select few times where sometimes I put the difficulty on maximum and actually get a kick out of Squall or Sephiroth totally destroying me with their flashy moves XD. But overall I love it. It's extremely rewarding, there's tons to do, I expect to be playing for many, many hours just to unlock everything. I'd probably need it too, since its pretty hard to master just one character, you've got quite a few to choose from.

It's so so.

It usually just pisses me off when I play it, but I still play and get on fine sometimes. :monster:

It's alright, what irritates me is that japan is getting our version with added extras. Supposedly another playable character or two, Kain and Lighting to be precise.

Damn them >_<

I like it because it is challenging and it lasts a long time unlike some other FF games that I've played. There is always a thing you haven't done in DFF.

I don't think it's all that good to be honest, I think the name sold it. It has a solid battle system which is what you expect from a game of that nature, but the whole storyline was extremely weak and it just became repetitive. I can still play it now and again, but once you've put it down I don't think there's any desire to pick it back up again. It's not that good of a game =|

Let's remember to give reasons why you like it, and make your posts a little longer, okay guys?

dissidia is incredible, im not normally a fan of games like this, but once again, square enix have really taken things to the next level. it would have been nice to have a little more in the storyline department, and maybe a few more characters, but i am not complaining, i thouroughly enjoyed this game

Dissidia.... IS AWESOME!!!! ^-^

In all seriousness, Dissidia is quite well done. And the greatest thing I find about it is the awesomeness of replaying moments in the original games. eg, Sephiroth killing Aerith... IT A MOVE!!!

Back