Male Viera... lol?

Is there any information about the female Seek or female Bangaa?

Well, we know there are female Bangaa. B'Gamnan or however you spell it has a sister, and there is a Female trickster in Final Fantasy Tactics A2.

I'm not so sure on the Seeq. I don't like them that much. :mrgreen:

HAHAHAHAHA!!! I COULD NOT imagine any male viera!!!!!(bunny ears?? tipped feet???) and because of some the laws in RW lead me to believe that there arent any male viera.. or male gria. and i dont think them meeting up with hume men could be possible, they used to dislike hume right? i guess
1.the wood just gave birth to them all,
2.the wood made some huge rabbit pregnant(with magic, of course!)
3.it's like hen and egg, we never know which first

well, my teacher always tell me not to believe things on wikipedia. :gonk:

The male Vierra and Gria and female Garif are hanging out with the 99.9% of the female humans.

The Final Fantasy games set in Ivalice use the minimum number of models or sprites that they can get away with. In order for there to be distinctly different gendered characters, they'd have to make wholely different models for the other gender rather than the rather minor edits that can be done to the model or sprite for members of the same gender.

In the case of the Bangaa, Nu Mou, Moogle and Seeq, they generally look nonhuman enough that perhaps it is not unreasonable to say that the difference between them is as indistinguishable to a human as a dog would be if it were wearing pants. Most of what we use to distinguish clothed males and females are wholely primate traits.

The problem with the Vierra and Gria is that they are far too human. Aside from the Aegyl, they are undoubted the least creative and laziest design of the 12 races of Ivalice. On a certain level it should have been fine-- within the Final Fantasy tactics sprite form there really isn't any reason half the Vierra jobs couldn't be male. The White Mage is a perfect example.

But the other half of the jobs are given skirts and prominent jiggly boobs and show off large swaths and skin and therefore are female. It is because they were designed to utilize a fairly highly sexualized female form as their default model that there needed to be any question as to where the male ones were. But in the case of other races that don't have any obvious female models this question is simply never raised or ignored because there's a chance no one could flat out deny that a Moogle is not female.

And so a half-baked answer was given to the question-- they are just... somewhere else. If they were seen they would undoubtedly simply be rail-thin flowery, half-naked bishounens just like elf males (and make no mistake, if Squaresoft wrote the Lord of the Rings there would be NO male elfs just like there were NO female dwarfs). Since this runs counter to the typical exaggerated gender dichtomy that Squaresoft wants to sell... they will not be utilized until they are, if ever utilized the whole issue will be forgotten.

In the case of Gria, no explaination was given because the race was first conceptualized as a single character and that character was female. So the default gender for the classes made based on that character were all female and definately female enough that there wasn't much way around it. However, in no way should it be taken to mean that there is a distinct lack of the other gender just as one should not assume that the default gender being male means females don't exist-- rather Squaresoft wasn't going to take the time and effort to create two copies of every Gria class simply so there could be definatively male Gria in the game (in fact, they only even made 4 Gria sprites!) Male Gria would just look like male humes with dragonwings, horns and a tail. Creating these in FFTA2 would have taken the same amount of time and effort as creating an entire class of monsters (and the types of monsters in the game aren't exactly vast and impressive either).

I've heard it's actually stated in the Ultimana guide that there are male viera... But anyway, the Ultimana guide has stated that there are male viera so I guess that's that. Sort of killing funny speculations.

Yes, indeed, I remember having this discussion on another forum quite some time ago and indeed, one of the XII Ultimania guides stated that there are male Viera, but that they live in separate villages. As for why we never see them, I like how Hobgoblyn put it.

But the other half of the jobs are given skirts and prominent jiggly boobs and show off large swaths and skin and therefore are female. It is because they were designed to utilize a fairly highly sexualized female form as their default model that there needed to be any question as to where the male ones were... And so a half-baked answer was given to the question-- they are just... somewhere else.

Much as I absolutely adore Square Enix and the worlds they imagine, I think it's obvious they weren't thinking along practical or logical lines when creating the Viera. Playboy bunnies. Real life Playboy bunnies. *nods*

And yes, moogles, seeq, and bangaa come in both sexes, and I assume the nu mou as well... There were quite a few characters of those races who were referred to as "she"s or "her"s in XII alone - Pilika in Bhujerba, the Contrite Thief in Lowtown, and like someone else mentioned, Ba'Gamnan's henchwoman who watched Penelo when they kidnapped her.

Back