Advent Children Advent Children Complete: Vs Sephiroth Edit

ianmann2

Chocobo Breeder
Gil
Does anyone think the directors cut of the battle with Sephiroth at the end of Advent Children Complete was a bit much?

If not, did anyone get more emotionally drawn in than they did with the original version.

I can tell you all now a part of me was disturbed with the graphicness of it :P
but another part of me wanted to cry because I was THAT emotionally tied to Cloud.

The entire scene was huge and epic.

Just wondering about peoples opinions on it. :)

xo

Last edited:
xXDuskofTwilightXx, please don't post one-liners in the post count section. Please elaborate on your post. Explain why you agree and why you think it's cool.

Also I'm going to move this over to the Advent Children section for you. I think you'll get more replies there. :)

When I bought the this Movie I never expected the completeness of it. I thought it would be a couple new little things here and there. From the beginning till the end it felt like a whole new movie. The movie was very bad ass I love it. I like how they kinda almost scrapped the last part of the last fight scene. EPIC. The only thing that would have made the movie better is if Cloud had died. I like unexpected things (Like THE MIST). After I was done with the movie I was checking the special features to see if they had an alternate ending where Sephiroth wins and uses the planet to sail the cosmos.

I was amazed at the movie. It totally owned my DVD 90 minute version. :gasp:

I will say, there was a TON of blood, but yet, I think that the blood needed to be there, mainly so that it shows that Cloud IS a human and therefore, he DOES have human weaknesses, and I actually liked it. And I'm also glad that they finally added some more story about Denzel, mainly who he is and how he got to be with Cloud and Tifa. And also having more dialogue with Zack. Did anyone notice that his voice is the same as Gippal's from X-2?

And also: what was up with the wolf throughout the movie? I didn't get who that was or what it was supposed to mean. o_O

I just now ordered Advent Children Complete as I haven't had a Blu-Ray player but that all changed as soon as my laptop I have got now has Blu-Ray inside aka a BD-ROM so my first thought was .....ACC!
I watched all the extra footage in youtube vids like the major notice bits that have been added. And I thought it was a major improvement, I noticed some voice work changed i.e. in the kids Marlene and Denzel. I own the DVD version but can't wait to own the far superior version of the movie. Plus I agree with Anakin what is with that wolf?

Well, at least there's a bit more added to the battle against Sephiroth, as well as more elaboration of how Cloud met Denzel, etcetera. In any case, they added in what they failed to put into the previous version- which is a good improvement on their part. I have yet to buy the disk, and will probably be borrowing it from a friend.

Otherwise, YouTube's just another cheap way of catching the action. Just have to watch the included parts on YouTube, since I have the previous version.

And also: what was up with the wolf throughout the movie? I didn't get who that was or what it was supposed to mean. o_O

[B said:
CStrife_91[/B]]Plus I agree with Anakin what is with that wolf?

I believe that Wolf is a symbol of Cloud's guilt, because, as you know if you watched FFVII:AC, he blamed himself for a lot of the things that go wrong, like
Zack's death
Aeris' death
, and the fact that he can't protect the people he loves, etc etc.

The director's cut was great.
The extended fight at the end with Cloud and Sephiroth was fairly good, the extra blood and large amount of injuries Cloud takes DO show that he is still not as good as Sephiroth in martial skill, but his feelings for his friends or something always seem to get him through in the end, anger at Sephiroth in this case "Stay where you belong, in my memory"
Also the etra scenes explaining the Denzel situation and the extra Zack stuff also add to the story.

I am saddened to say I was a little disappointed in the Advent Children movie.... For one, it was not nearly long enough.... For another, the plot followed a pretty straightforward, downhill slide to a conclusion we had already seen coming between Aerith and Cloud....

I liked Advent Cildren Complete a lot better. It seemed to make a lot more sense the the crack plot of their first attemot at the movie. I had more of a feeling of fullness after the movie ended, a lot more plot holes were filled, and it just an all around better movie.

I think it's really awesome that SE added a little bit more to the movie. But still, I didn't really felt to be THAT attached to the movie, to any of the characters. When I read "The way to a smile" ; Case of Tifa, then I understood it A LOT more.

I still haven't read the 'On the way the way to a smile'... Does it really help you understand more about Advent Children Complete?

They're not needed to understand Complete, especially since they where released before Complete was created. There's Case of Tifa, Case of Denzel, Case of Barret and On the way to a Smile. I believe the only other story released by Sony was Maiden of the Planet but that takes place during FFVII. None of them are needed to understand what's happening during the movie/game.

Interesting that a re-release has failed to produce as much negative backlash as it tends to with live-action films. It seems that Advent Children gains our favour by being a variety of eye-candy never before tasted. :mrgreen: However, what really needed cleaning up was the plot -- it was fairly incomprehensible in places, badly written in others -- and though I have not seen AC Complete in its entirety (bits and pieces over the internet =\), I hear that some revised scenes revolving around the chase for and acquisition of Jenova's head made things much clearer.

As for the subject at hand, I approve unequivocally of the gorier Cloud-Sephiroth duel, mostly for what it does for the latter. The fact that we finally see Cloud with a legitimate reason to whine so consistently (because he is in mortal agony) aside, Sephiroth's violent attacks emphasize that part of his personality that was somewhat absent throughout the movie. Thanks to the CGI gear at Square, we are afforded ample vision of Sephiroth's "beauty" (speaking from a heterosexual, and ideally non-sexual perspective), and through his shredding of his psychologically weaker opponent, we are introduced to the "beast". It is a shrewd reminder to all those Sephiroth fans out there who forget that his elegant appearance belies dreams of pure, unadulterated destruction.

He does not exist to be pretty; he exists to force your nonexistence, and in all likelihood, he will enjoy it.

Back