Original Strategies and Builds Thread

thing is though, zidanes ex mode isnt that good =P

Ive noticed that Ive done alot better with a pure attack set for zidane

with it, a full combo does 4000 brave

ex core absorption is only useful on a few mages

true you cant tell people what theyre are good with, but this thread is to post our strategies sso that others can try them

You have items that are inferior to others. Pearl necklace over ivory choker, gravitorb over attractorb, close to you over tenacious attacker etc.

I know this and etc. but I was stating what I had on hime, I NOW have those items and he is even better. I find Zidane good in EX mode for several reasons. With his critical hit rate teamed with my set B for him, he stays in EX mode hitting one critical after another, Solution 9 is effective highly in some situations and against some characters, but not too often.

Sure this idea is handy for any character really, but each one is so different, Golbez should have a phys. + mag. striength boost I would assume (never actually used him yet) due to his attacks. On my sephiroth its more of a countering build. Cloud has a block brave boost of massive porportions (3 acc that boost brave on block the rest are boosters :wacky: ) and the way he is used, I honestly dont find powerhouse to be correct, his moves take time, and you need a staggering opponent, or I find it difficult to get a hit in. With cloud one block makes an approx. 20& brave boost, so after enough blocking, one hit death.

most squall builds are centered around getting EX quickly in order to EX guard and get you the finishing blow.Squall builds are really basic, just the classic Close to you + Gravitorb + pearl necklace and some multipliers should be enough. If you want a really quick match, increasing the initial brave could be helpful, but overall, its best to stick to the simple EX.
I have a Squall build, but it's mostly just crap thrown together. It works well enough though. I'm completely unsure of how to use the multipliers and such, so generally I...don't. I toss Elixers etc. into those accessory slots for a LUK boost, since if I remember rightly more LUK means a higher rate of critical hits.

.......no, luck is only used to get items/battlegen

its only a small factor in your crits, all that really matters is your crit boost abilities

attack > luck

attack increases the damage a crit will do

(just something Id like to state)damage increases the amount a normal attack(no crits) will do

Zidane really doesnt need ex mode at all(his is one of the most useless in the game.

a full attack build will do more damage than an ex build with all the crits in the world

Ok, I'm going to ask for a build here. I started to use Warrior of Light, and I beat inward chaos with him and all, but I mostly used resins in part with inscents. These always break upon first use, so I do not want to use them unless I'm fighting inward chaos again. I use WoL as a counter basis, and I generally don't use any HP attacks that are not combos from brave attacks unless fighting Golbez, Chaos, Sephiroth, or Kuja, then I tend to use radiant sword and sheild of light. So I want two builds, for the interchangable sets. I currently use WoL's EXBuild but its not for him and I know it.

With how I use him I want one build for fighting Golbez, Chaos, Sephiroth, and Kuja, keeping in mind I use Sheild of Light a lot for countering with all of them and I want a working build for what I have as the rest.

And I'm putting aside the Zidane arguement cuz we all fight differently etc. etc. and I'm stubborn...

WoL really is a simplistic character to make a build for. Basically what you want is a simple EX + attack set(close to you, gravitorb, pearl necklace, and for the rest of the slots equip red gem/strength powder/crystal/etc, and equip heavens cloud + lufenian since you should do hp damage almost every time you hit)

wol is a really good character to use an ex set on because its so easy for him to absorb ex. A simple combo(downward shield strike>dodge cancel>upward shield strike>dodge cancel> downward shield strike>neutral dodge cancel> spinning shield strike>runesaber will get you a full ex bar, as well as do massive brave damage.

it is ideal to use his ex mode only when youre opponent has 3000-4000 hp left. When you do, just ex block them, then white fang to ascension to rube saber and youll do between 3000-4000 and then can finish with an ex burst

Yes his EX is a good build to have, but I found that he makes a good build in other manners. I asked damon and now he is my Lunar Whale Course rapist really, and he is his as well. Most of his attacks can deffend at the same time, well only deffend projectiles I found :hmmm: Basically a build based solely on his defenses and attack is amazing. A gravitorb would be a nice touch I admit, but not necisary. With this type of build you can stock up brave and get one heck of a punch in on the opponent, and follow it up with bitter end for a total enemy raping session :O

I like your Cloud build, basicly the same as mine. Have one basic acc that gives Physical damage +25%. Only big change is that I use EXP > HP instead, due to I mostly use Omnislash V5/Finishing Touch, therefore he get's a lot of bravery in those attacks. With the HP drain he's hard to kill :)

I use WoL
Barbarian's sword
Genji set

Champion belt
gravitorb
pearl necklace
archangels bell
Multipliers
Close to You

When fighting a level 100 shantotto she uses different spells to the ones available to the player like instead of water she uses flood why is this and can you get her other spells.

Thats shantottos ability. Her spells level up the more brave she has. The spells have three stages, and changes between tem as you gain or lose brave

anyone know how to get tidus to 9999 hp i can barely get him over 9000 for some reason

All characters have the same HP. It is what armour you equip that makes the difference. Equiping with maximilian gives the HP of 9972 at lv 100 and a HP boosting item can get it to 9999 (although it is not required)

Back