Original Strategies and Builds Thread

.SkyE

Blue Mage
Gil
I've decided that I'll be making fully detailed character builds for every character at Lvl 100 so that people can have an idea of what their main character's gear could be like. Obviously, the player still has their own choice of what they want to equip, but what I'll be putting on is a Build, and how to use it to the fullest to utterly destroy your opponent.

This is a project that will continue until all characters (except Shantotto and Gabranth) have been accounted for. It is a project with the sole purpose to trial and error builds that wouldn't be classified as "Standard" for each character.

Feel free to discuss the flaws and the good points of the builds, and feel free to contribute to this thread with your own builds. Please remember to use enough detail so that it's easy enough for readers to understand how to obtain the items in your build.

I wish everyone good luck in the game, and hopefully the builds I put up will benefit you all (if you choose to use them).

==Up-coming Builds==
Garland -- 75% Complete
Sephiroth -- 0% Complete

=================
==Complete Build Guides==
Cloud Strife -- Total Powerhouse
Zidane Tribal -- BRV Breaker

====================

Dash-

Last edited:
Reserved spot for Heroes of Cosmos.

To keep it neat and tidy, I've decided to use Attachments (seeing as this forum doesn't support the [spoilerbox] tags xD

===Cloud Strife===100% Complete===

View attachment 643

The theory worked out well in the test I did recently. I've added in another Acc. to help build that BRV. With EXP -> BRV set, and all of that EX Force going into your BRV, it's hard to Break Cloud (if you aren't hit too often) and easy to do some damage to your opponent. Your BRV Regen is at a good rate, as you just hit your opponent, so the EX Force will build on your BRV, allowing you a quicker than normal boost in BRV.

===Zidane Tribal===100% Complete===

View attachment 640

The theory in this build isn't all that great, though having tried this build to go through Lunar Whale Course in the Duel Colosseum, I'm not going to be someone to doubt the sheer power of this build. It relies on the player to be at least adept on the basics of battle (dodging, blocking, timing), but if the moves connect, the player won't have much of a BRV problem in the battle. Remember: Resins will break after one use. Be sure to stock up. If not, then just replace with a Gaia Ring for +15% Physical DMG. Good luck!

Last edited:
nice build up for cloud, and put some special acc. lilke force intake +3m will be absolute.
sorry i don't actually know what is the name of that acc. i dont have my psp right now.

nice build up for cloud, and put some special acc. lilke force intake +3m will be absolute.
sorry i don't actually know what is the name of that acc. i dont have my psp right now.

In my opinion, I don't think he needs it =) If I thought it needed, I would've put it in xD Thanks for the tip though!

Hopefully your PSP comes back to you soon, then.

==[Update]==16-09-09==

Cloud's build (Total Powerhouse) has been completed.
Garland's build has been updated a bit.
Have started Leveling Sephiroth to Lvl 100 so I can make a build for him. So far, he's in his 80's. Haven't really spent more than a few hours playing, though.

Thanks for keeping your eye on these builds.
Hopefully one that will help you out will come soon!

Dash-

Checked out the Cloud build. Pretty nice! Might make some changes to mine, and let you know what I come up with.

I know I am a bit hasty to ask, but how soon will you be able to get a WoL build? He is one of my top 3 chars. I play with. Thanks in advance!

WoL, aye?

I'll see what I can do. I've been busy heaps lately, not really giving me much time to play. Shouldn't take more than a week =) Sorry for asking you to wait.

WoL, aye?

I'll see what I can do. I've been busy heaps lately, not really giving me much time to play. Shouldn't take more than a week =) Sorry for asking you to wait.

Yeah it's just that he is prolly one of the best characters in terms of speed and def. I would like to get that as soon as I can. But it's cool I can wait, for now I will just ask people for suggestions for my 100 WoL...Thanks in advance
Sir~

Double post but it's far apart in time. Just here to ask how goes all with any of the characters? I also am here to ask if you could get a Gabranth build as well, because right now I am living off a build from friends on here and my def. is TERABAD! I really need help learning on how to build. Thanks
Sir~

Hey for your Zidane build, the only accessory i could find in the shop is muscle belt :S and what equipment do you get for Zidane?

Why not ask for help? Isn't it too much to do all by your own?
And calm down, this isn't life important. Though i like to see your builds, they are awesome.

The problem with phoenix down is destroyer. Cloud's a bit overated though. What about imp's blessing set? the items are real tough to get too (I can't get megaelixirs).

Hey guys, I am about 35 hours into the game and I have only cloud to level 100.

I just started using Firion but I am having a hard time with his HP attacks and I am only level 5 (takes forever to kill guys with him since they always dodge the arrows) got any tips?

The best thing you can do to hit HP attacks early with Firion is practice your blocking and dodging. Right after you block or dodge, hit your opponent with his arrow HP attack. Try and master the dagger and axe moves he starts with as soon as possible, they have a combo into HP attacks which makes life a lot easier.

I've only played three characters but Firion is the hardest for me thus far. He's kind of slow and his BP attacks have a long lag time if you miss, which is easy to do. Maybe I just have to get used to ground fighters.

Back