The World Of Ivalice

Sora_lion_heart

man of the shadows
Veteran
Gil
Does anyone have a full map of the world of Ivalice? I told my friend that FF12, Tactics, FFTA, Vagrant Story and revenant wings are set in the same world. Is there any proof like a town that appears or land scape. What makes me ask is that FF12 and tactics show so little similarities. The only thing I know is the Zodiak appears in both but yeah. Other Final Fantasy games have had worlds that were named the same, terra, Gaia. How do we know the games just don't reference to each other or they are the same world?

Well, I think the reason we know is that Ivalice is a specific world name, unique to Final Fantasy, 'Terra' literally means the Earth (as in terra firma) so could be used for many different worlds, likewise 'Gaia' is an Earth Goddess in mythology, mother nature if you will so again, it could be used for any number of worlds.

The games are set in the same world but the world can change over time...geology and such can explain why the towns and such wouldnt be similar from one game to the next. The seperate games,except FFTA because its set in the imaginary world of Ivalice, roughly eplain different elements of the history of Ivalice and the events thet changed that world.
They are set in Ivalice but not at the same time frames hence why some beings will no longer apear in one game from the next.
So as far as land marks and towns go they wouldnt be the same since the earth moves and disasters over time would create different landmarks.
But one site I was on showed similareties in maps from the games but who knows if that wasnt just created for ones own enjoyment.
As far as other games are conserned untill the creators state they relate to another game I would presume they dont. Gaia and Terra happen to be common terms said instead of "Earth" so its logical to say them:)

Back