Excalibur II: Is it worth it?

Just get the Ragnarok, or get the magic fingertip from the Treno auction house and exchange it for the Excalibur. You honestly don't need the Excalibur II unless you are desperate to 100% the game.

its not worth it, the weapon, but i think the bragging rights would be worth it.

I think if i tried i would probably get caught up in the story again and not wanna skip anything....

I don't think it's worth it. I've never actually got it, because if I did I'd be glad I got it, but then be sad that I basically skiped an entire playthrough since the only possibe way would be skipping text and/or fleeing battles.

Not only that, but there's no new game + in FFIX, so what would even be the point? to waste it all and have it for the last couple battles?

To beat the game in 12 hours just to get the Excaliber 2 is just plain stupid. Steiner does so much damage that it's not worth THAT much anyways. The thought came across me, but I've beaten FFIX four times and no matter how good you are, you simply won't enjoy the game speeding through it like that. At all. The last time I played, I was 18 hours into the game just getting to disc 3. Trust me, don't waste 12 hours of your life.

I personally didn't bother to get the Excalibur II weapon at all. The reason why I didn't bother to do so was because you have to finish the game under 12 hours meaning that you have to quickly skip the dialogue in order for you to obtain the weapon. I don't think that no one will try to beat the game on their first playthrough because they want to read the dialogue carefully in order to understand the story of the game. It is quite difficult to beat the game under 12 hours without dying so much because it will slow you down. It is consider to be a challenge.

But the question is, will it be worth it? Excalibur II is Steiner's ultimate weapon and the second strongest weapon in Final Fantasy IX, falling behind to Ultima Weapon. The difference in their attack power is by not that much. The design of Excalibur II looks so amazing. The details that it has and the colors that they gave makes it look outstanding.

Back